Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential by McMaster University

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

DI

Oct 30, 2020

Great course! This is a lot more general than Learning about Learning but is also useful nonetheless. I like the focus on keeping positive and being confident in your potential despite our weaknesses.

SM

Jun 21, 2020

I enjoyed this MOOC. It is very well-done and clearly covers the topics of mindshifting along with career advancement. Also--good illustrations and visuals/sounds which assist in the learning process.

3051 - 3075 of 3,371 Reviews for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

By Christian M F

Apr 29, 2018

The course has allowed me to optimize my learning tools and motivate myself in the use of new technologies. It is the continuity of the saga of Learning how to learn with better audiovisual resources and the experience gained in the first developed course.

By Khin T S

Aug 16, 2021

The previous four weeks had been a really wonderful mindshift for me. The concepts and tricks learnt from this can really apply for our daily life problems. If you haven't taken this one, you should try this. It would worth your time. Happy Mindshift!

By Cheng R

Dec 9, 2019

The course gave me more guiding for learning experiences. As a love learner, I can participate learning even I have job and kids. I can review lesson as many times as I can and I can stop when I am busy at work then restart my class again. It is perfect.

By Alfred G

Jul 1, 2020

Visual effects and music need work on. Distracting. ie the staff having tools and don't know quite how to use them appropriately to move script forward. Trying out new toys. Too bad not up to extraordinary talent of the co-teachers. Please re-do.

By Pamela M

May 30, 2017

Loved the course. It was a great experience as my first completed MOOC. It was however, a little easier than I expected to complete. I absolutely loved the Memory Tip videos. Would have been great to have some take home articles, references, etc.

By Pavan K

Jun 21, 2020

Last week was a bit boring. I feel it talks a lot about MOOCs which is unnecessarily. The other weeks were amazing. Learning about Focused and diffused mode, how to approach learning new skills and what benefits they can give us was really good.

By Fabio P

I really liked this course. It's filled with interesting and useful tips on how the mind work as well as how we can leverage the natural human inclinations and brain functionalities to expand beyond our daily rut into a broader self. Or career.

By Ashraf M A S

Jun 1, 2018

The course aims as boosting your confidence in learning through reframing personal weaknesses into assets. It does a very good job in convincing you about that. It also offers a number of useful tips and concepts based on scientific evidence.

By Nadir C

Aug 1, 2017

As far as the promise of the course goes, it delivered on it.

Easy to follow, and get through, insightful, fun, and most of all helpful and relevant.

Will leave you with a zeal to learn, and some useful tips and hacks to go down that route.

By Carlos A d M

Jun 2, 2017

The course topics are very interesting and enlightening. I got good results and the expectation that I had regarding the course was overcome. I liked it a lot and I am adopting the philosophy of constant learning for the rest of my life.

By Kousay a

Apr 25, 2017

This is an important course for your own personal development. Personal and professional challenges have to be dealt with effectively and rationally . Take this course and enjoy new ideas and techniques for developing yourself.

By Bryan E

Aug 26, 2017

Builds on the material from the 'Learning to Learn' course. The crucial message of lifelong learning in view of personal and professional lives is worth exploring especially since people don't pay a lot of attention to it.

By Shubham S P

Mar 25, 2021

This MOOC is what it title says. It does change your thought pattern and brings a major mind shift. It can give you new opportunities on your career as well as on your life. Most recommended for a major push on your life

By Nabil J

Jun 27, 2020

I gained many interesting insights from this course. I must also praise the great communicative skills of the facilitator (Mrs. Barbara). I highly recommend this course to those starting or continuing a path or learning.

By Tatsiana S

Feb 11, 2019

Thanks for a good job! Although, the first course "Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects" was more interesting, contains more research data, more interviews with great scientists.

By N P

Sep 10, 2020

I enjoyed this course. Overall learnt useful tips to train the brain to keep learning new things. it's ok to be slow learner but actively practice. Some topics were a technical and a bit of challenge to understand them.

By Prashant M

Apr 30, 2020

One of the best courses available in coursera. I deeply thanks the instructors of this course and the people who made this possible for us to access this course for free in this time of the pandemic covid-19. Thank you.

By Kittiya B

Dec 16, 2020

I have tried the online course through Coursera at the first time and it is good to start with this course. I have learned many things from this course not only knowledge but also how to understand myself deeply .

By Kassie-Anne K

Apr 29, 2020

This course has been very impacting and a big help in shifting my perspective to a better one. There were a couple traits I overlooked which I can now use to my advantage. Thank you for creating this course!!

By Abhishek B

Dec 31, 2020

overall a nice informative course .. i d like to suggest that do this course after you have completed learning how to learn course it will be much easier for you to learn and understand things in this course

By Sarina S

Aug 25, 2020

Very useful information! I think some of the info in week 3 was okay, and I didn't agree with everything in that week, but it was still useful. The skills and techniques shared in weeks 1 and 2 were great.

By Winston M

May 16, 2020

The professor is really good and she has made a few good points throughout the course. The course sometimes veers of its main objective but overall a very good course and very encouraging. would recommend

By Jai B

Sep 26, 2018

Good for learning some tips here and there to more effective learning, but a little too redundant and a little disorganized at times. No real "aha" moment, just a collection of some useful/non-useful tips

By Melanie P

May 4, 2020

I enjoyed taking this course as I begin taking online courses again. It was a refreshing way to engage myself and re-learn the proper tools to be successful in both online learning and a career change.

By Cosette F

Mar 30, 2021

For the most part, this MOOC was interesting and can serve as a valuable tool - especially for someone older, like myself. It tended to drag just a bit at times, but I thought it was helpful.