Back to Moralities of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Moralities of Everyday Life by Yale University

How can we explain kindness and cruelty? Where does our sense of right and wrong come from? Why do people so often disagree about moral issues? This course explores the psychological foundations of our moral lives....

AS

Jun 08, 2020

It was very informational and challenging in ones' own personal belief, thoughts, and ethical values. I would love to take a follow-up on additional courses. And Professor Bloom was very informative.

KD

Jul 30, 2020

This is an amazing course, it is filled with arguments that will make you to think about yourself and will give you moral insights. This course can change your perspective towards morality and life.

51 - 75 of 534 Reviews for Moralities of Everyday Life

By Chris

Jun 19, 2020

Fascinating overview of moral philosophy and psychology. Great readings and talks linked throughout! Explores the basics of consequentialism and deontology, introduces the five foundations of morality, and gets you thinking about the interplay between biology, the environment, and reason.

By Cindi A

Jul 30, 2020

Challenging and very inclusive in terms of topics covered, such as the role of genetics and neurological states on our moral reasoning and sense of free will. The material is engaging, and taught with humour and appropriate open-mindedness. I'd take another course of Prof. Bloom anytime.

By MD. A M

Jun 12, 2020

A fascinating and insightful course. This course certainly had an strong impact on my view of different views around the world regarding morality and related matters. Thanks to Paul Bloom and others for putting this course together. I am very much looking forward to the next session.

By Erwin G F H

Jul 28, 2020

Exceptional course, with just a few technical issues/flaws that could be easily corrected (a few broken links, etc).

The Reading Assignments are all interesting, as are all the classes. All in all, an amazing introductory trip intro Moral Psychology that will leave you wanting more.

By Daryl J

I very much enjoyed this course. The format was a nice mix of lectures, videos and reading material and the information and concepts presented were fascinating. The lectures were especially enjoyable.

I'm hoping that, at some point, Professor Bloom will present a follow-up course.

By Fala A

Jul 18, 2017

I truly enjoyed this course. An eyeopener on how to view morality and how to reflect it on different matters of your daily life. It takes a play on your judgement and critical thinking. Professor Bloom delivered the material really well. Its been awhile since I enjoyed a course.

By George F

Jun 30, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed the content and delivery of this excellent course. I have been introduced to several key thinkers and am looking forward to reading the various books I have bought on Amazon to supplement my knowledge and understanding. Thank you Coursera and Prof. Bloom!

By Felipe S A

Me encanto. Entre buscando respuesta acerca de que puede considerarse moralmente correcto , y el estudio del curso afirmo mi creencia de que lo que puede llegar a considerarse moralmente correcto en una sociedad es muy relativo y puede depender de una amplia gama de factores.

By CHINMOY P

A WONDERFUL COURSE Where i enjoyed every bit of lecture i completely engaged myself and after completing the course i sense a bit of relaxation of myself about my moral views and my thinking capacity has broaden to large extent thanks to paul bloom for this wonderful course.

By Nicola W

Sep 28, 2016

Brilliant course.

Didn't buy it, so the quizzes didn't work which was a bit disappointing, but the content is very straight forward to follow and thought provoking. You will be a better person just watching and thinking about this. You don't even have to agree with it!

By yan l

Jan 31, 2019

I just simply love all professor Bloom's Coursera courses: moralities of everyday life and introduction to psychology. Super engaging and erudite professor. And of course, Christina, that beautiful and elegant lady...I am waiting for their other courses to open soon.

By Akanksha Y

Jun 19, 2019

This course not only adds to our knowledge of moralities of everyday lives but also enlightens us about the basic concept of morality and makes us question our beliefs and actions. I am extremely grateful to coursera and Paul Bloom for this. Sir, you are phenomenal.

By Hamish D

Jul 18, 2017

This course really made me question the roots of moral thinking, and ultimately changed my moral world view. Moral philosophy spends a lot of time on the 'should' but it is important to understand an the 'is' which is the psychological moral sense(s) we all hold.

By Chloe R

Such an interesting class! I didn't know what to expect going in but found the material to be super engaging and easy to understand. I feel like I really LEARNED something. This class made me think about things I'd never thought about before. I highly recommend!

By aldo a

complete course, we can explore biological, pshichological and sociological aspects of the moralities. the course give us a wide open to a lot of question of the everyday life adn give us tools to understand the behavior in a more complete spectrum. thank you.

By Jason B

Apr 25, 2020

From this course I have learned the many thoughts and ideas surrounding where and how our morals are formed. I truly recommend taking this course if you are interested in psychology, philosophy or just people on general. Professor Bloom is really good as well.

By Ghadeer N

Jun 02, 2020

This course was amazing; it gave me a much wider perspective on social psychology and how & why people choose to believe and behave in certain situations. The material is rich and presented in a very simple and interesting way. Good luck with the course!

By Ana k

Sep 18, 2019

Attending this course gave me so much new knowledge and experience about the world I live in. It changed me and my thoughts in a better and advanced way, guided me to the world of thinking where people dont just live, but they rather think and then live.

By Matt D

Aug 06, 2017

The course is very interesting and gives me great insight into the biological as well as the philosophical aspect of human morality. The prereading and the course, however, can be overlapping a bit too much sometimes. Thanks a lot for making this course.

By Rohit P

Jun 04, 2020

The one course every student from all fields should take!

Very well put material, great examples and supplementary content, friendly tutors and a great neutral hold on most things makes this course exceptional. Believe the ratings, it's really that good!

By Pamela N N

I enjoyed this very much. It has opened me up to the idea of pursuing further courses like this with a view to finding a career where I can utilise this invaluable exploration of the human condition especially in these troubled and uncertain times.

By Sandra A S

May 03, 2020

Loved it! Real food for thought and more relevant than ever. Would have loved to get a little bonus video to reflect our strange times - given the pandemic and its repercussions and the resulting moral choices so much of the world is confronted with.

By Mislav S

Apr 21, 2020

Best course I ever took. I was already learning a lot about moral psychology and philosophy, even researching the subject as my Master thesis. However, this course filled the holes in my knowledge and helped me systematize the information. Thank you!

By Cathy J N

Jun 05, 2017

Loved this course. It was well presented, had a good balance of discussion and presentations. Paul Bloom made the course very interesting, challenging and thought provoking. I would recommend it to anyone looking to expand their mind.