Back to Inspiring and Motivating Individuals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Inspiring and Motivating Individuals by University of Michigan

In this course, you will learn how to create a shared vision for your team and effectively communicate it to your teammates. You will also learn how to set effective goals and expectations in a way that best enables your team to attain the shared vision. Finally, you will understand the most important needs and drivers of performance across cultures, and will learn to align rewards with desired behaviors so that your teammates are motivated to attain the team’s objectives. Motivation represents a crucial challenge for contemporary organizations: A recent Gallup poll revealed that only 13% of workers worldwide exhibit high levels of engagement and motivation. We will show you why these motivation problems are not simply due to a “bad” or “unmotivated” team member. Rather, motivation is very much driven by what work conditions we create for our teammates, how we structure goals and objectives, and how we reward people for the accomplishment of those goals. This course will help you diagnose and solve motivation problems so that you can bring out the best in your people....

TD
Jun 20, 2017

Great course, but perhaps forewarn students of the feedback assignment in week 4 a little bit earlier - it took me nearly a month to get feedback from people on my team because we are pretty busy.

JN
Jun 24, 2016

Some material and the course was review from previous management classes whereas others were wonderfully thought-provoking. I wish many companies were forward-thinking enough to take this course.

751 - 775 of 833 Reviews for Inspiring and Motivating Individuals

By Tanakorn C

Oct 14, 2019

For peer - graded type of assignment, it is better if you can ask the instructor of that course to review assignment and give comment as well.

So, we can know the development opportunity from the expert.

By Kotelnikov A

Feb 16, 2020

More case studies would help to familiarize with concepts covered during the course. Apart from that, it is a well-structured overview course, which helps to address some day-to-day challenges at work.

By Fernando V

Jun 4, 2017

I liked, very profesional and learned a lot.

I miss some guides or tools to implement con real life. I mean that one thing is to learn, but to really get this into daily real life is the big deal.

By Yulian

Apr 9, 2020

Overall I find this course as a good investment of my time, however, it's very theoretical, I would like to to see more real examples that illustrate the frameworks used in this course.

By Toy R V

Jan 3, 2016

Dr DeRue's lectures were very helpful for understanding the key take=aways / skills / tips for motivating yourself as well as a team. His lectures are very clear and easy to follow.

By Amy B

Feb 28, 2016

Great strategies and examples to help in communicating a vision, setting goals that align with that vision, and providing and seeking feedback for performance reviews and ongoing.

By Brian B

Feb 13, 2017

Very useful topics and examples, they helped me understand why my company does things in a given way and also allows me to identify improvements on these.

By Grant C

Jun 24, 2019

Very good baseline course for the subject matter. I would recommend this course for anyone new to management or thinking of making a career change.

By PRERNA K H

Jun 5, 2020

It’s an interesting topic, a lot of relevant information was shared during discussions. The deadline aren’t difficult to maintain.

By Siraj A

Aug 5, 2020

It is wonderful experience to study in a unique way and completed my course, i have learnt lot of things through this course.

By Ricardo S

Jan 20, 2019

A great reminder of key aspects that one must consider to engage and generate results in a positive corporate environment!

By Pooya S

Apr 21, 2020

Some contents link to Youtube videos doesn't work since the original videos are removed due to Copyright or by the owner

By Mwamba N

Jan 30, 2017

the course has given me great insight in how best to motivate my team as well as understand what would motivate me.

By Ehab E D

Nov 5, 2020

I am happy choosing the right course that may help me and in future. Thanks to my teachers, Michigan and coursera.

By Jose G

Nov 12, 2019

Good course overall. It helped me in communicating to my team on the best way to reach their professional goals.

By Cyndi B

Jan 2, 2017

Some really good insights into how people are motivated, what works and what doesn't. Very enjoyable course.

By JERRY O

Mar 6, 2020

The instructors are awesome but the delays in peer review exercises make this course very frustrating.

By Phillip L

Jan 3, 2016

The content is well presented. The exercises are valuable but the grading process needs improved.

By Xavier C

Feb 1, 2017

This course really helps you to look deeper into the subject. And it helps my directly in my job.

By Rajeev

Dec 12, 2016

Very good content and essentially methodology of applying the knowledge learnt in real life cases

By Luis G R

Jan 23, 2019

Really good proffesors who knows' how to arrive to their students. I will recommend this cours.

By SIVAKUMAR V

Feb 27, 2019

It gives valid information in setting goal and motivation. Appreciate and thanks to the team

By Darren G

May 16, 2016

Great course! Very helpful for me as I grow my leadership skills to accelerate my business

By Vitaly G

Oct 11, 2015

Great content, but it was too easy. I beleive students should have harder tasks to learn.

By Miten

Apr 6, 2020

This is a good course and help to understand the prospective of others in the team