Back to Inspiring and Motivating Individuals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Inspiring and Motivating Individuals by University of Michigan

In this course, you will learn how to create a shared vision for your team and effectively communicate it to your teammates. You will also learn how to set effective goals and expectations in a way that best enables your team to attain the shared vision. Finally, you will understand the most important needs and drivers of performance across cultures, and will learn to align rewards with desired behaviors so that your teammates are motivated to attain the team’s objectives. Motivation represents a crucial challenge for contemporary organizations: A recent Gallup poll revealed that only 13% of workers worldwide exhibit high levels of engagement and motivation. We will show you why these motivation problems are not simply due to a “bad” or “unmotivated” team member. Rather, motivation is very much driven by what work conditions we create for our teammates, how we structure goals and objectives, and how we reward people for the accomplishment of those goals. This course will help you diagnose and solve motivation problems so that you can bring out the best in your people....

TD
Jun 20, 2017

Great course, but perhaps forewarn students of the feedback assignment in week 4 a little bit earlier - it took me nearly a month to get feedback from people on my team because we are pretty busy.

JN
Jun 24, 2016

Some material and the course was review from previous management classes whereas others were wonderfully thought-provoking. I wish many companies were forward-thinking enough to take this course.

776 - 800 of 835 Reviews for Inspiring and Motivating Individuals

By Vitaly G

Oct 11, 2015

Great content, but it was too easy. I beleive students should have harder tasks to learn.

By Miten

Apr 6, 2020

This is a good course and help to understand the prospective of others in the team

By RAMLATH K

Jun 19, 2020

This course is really worth to me for my professional as well as personal growth.

By Aswani K C

Jul 15, 2020

The course is very interesting and informative. It clarifies several concepts.

By NIRMALA A J B

Oct 3, 2017

It was very interesting ans useful thank you so much ..................

By Jose D

Sep 28, 2017

Good update of classic theories on leading others. Somehow too basic.

By Patricia A E

May 1, 2020

I really enjoyed the content. I cannot wait to start the next class.

By Aditya G

May 3, 2020

it's very good and give me confidence after completing this course

By Todd S

Feb 20, 2017

Love every part of this course...I can't wait to see what is next!

By Shaker i N

Aug 14, 2020

very useful it will be great if you add more explanation examples

By Karan J

Jul 9, 2020

I really liked this course. Very clear and understandable!!

By Huy H

Nov 11, 2015

Leaders need this course. It's clearly, focus, and amazing.

By Kenneth

Jul 11, 2017

Nice and intriguing examples, clear and easy to understand

By Vu T

Dec 6, 2015

I am able to apply to teams and companies I worked for

By Randy M

Feb 15, 2018

Not bad. Learned quite a bit. Will take more courses

By Idemudia C U

Mar 11, 2020

Nice course and good tips to apply what you learn.

By Prachi M

Jun 27, 2018

Peer-graded assignments are sometimes irrelevant!

By siva p

Dec 12, 2015

good.Might include some more vivid case studies

By ALAIN S S T

Nov 18, 2015

Good course, maybe needs a little more practice

By Sue L

Oct 6, 2019

A very informative and well presented course.

By Meena M

May 6, 2020

Learn more of in spring movitatio to meet tq

By Isabelle N

Sep 10, 2018

very interesting and useful. Thank you

By Sudeep B

Sep 29, 2017

It was an exciting course. I loved it.

By Geovanni A

Mar 10, 2020

Great fundamentals for Leading teams.

By Tim M

Mar 12, 2018

Very worthwhile. Excellent content.