Back to Developing Your Musicianship: Final Project

Developing Your Musicianship: Final Project, Berklee College of Music

About this Course

This course will guide you through the final project for the Developing Your Musicianship Specialization. This course will continue to help you apply the musical concepts you learned throughout the specialization, enabling you to create and perform a 36-measure composition. Taught by Berklee College of Music professor George W. Russell, Jr., the course includes four videos in which George models each stage of the project. Through peer feedback and discussion, practice, and applying what you’ve learned, this final project will hone your skills as a musician....

By RB

Jul 02, 2018

Again, I really enjoyed taking this course and the final project taught me a lot about my own abilities in writing. I intend to continue unabated with my writing. Thanks for making it so enjoyable.

By RH

Mar 11, 2017

outstanding -- loved every minute of it! George is an amazing teacher and enjoyed watching his videos and learning from him. I am now applying everything I learned in his course to my own music!

24 Reviews

By bruno batista

Oct 15, 2018

Great course

By Segarceanu Octavian Daniel

Sep 12, 2018

thabk you, prof. russel, for such a womderful journey. i’ve got so much along the way. and it was so much fun. feelimg grateful.

By Andersonn Prestes

Jul 23, 2018

I'd like to thank for the course. I enjoyed and learned a lot of stuff. It was great. I just would say to add a bit of theory for melodies, because I do not really know how to write and you have to write in the final project. Anyway, it was great. :-)

By Melanie Grace

Jul 19, 2018

It is TOO hard to complete the final exam, no hints, no help, no examples.

By Robert Baidoo

Jul 02, 2018

By Matthias Neeracher

May 10, 2018

Learned a ton about harmony and song writing. Very approachable material, presented by a pleasant instructor.

By Josip Golubić

May 09, 2018

A big thanks to the Berklee team and to the professor, George for all the enthusiasm and knowledge! This won't be my last Berklee course!

By Phillip Cartwright

Feb 10, 2018

I really enjoyed the course and those before it. Initially, I was not sure about my ability to succeed in the sequence, but I was really encouraged and driven by Professor Russell and his enthusiasm toward the courses. The only downside to the Capstone project was that the teaching assistant did not add me to the FB page or respond to a couple of questions I had along the way. THanks!

By Jaehwi Cho

Feb 09, 2018

The best course for compose music

By Marc Saliba

Nov 26, 2017

Great way to end the specialization, putting into practice everything that was covered in the three prerequisite courses. Hopefully Berklee or Coursera offer a next-level intermediate series to pick up where this specialization leaves off.