Back to Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills by University of Michigan

We all negotiate on a daily basis. On a personal level, we negotiate with friends, family, landlords, car sellers and employers, among others. Negotiation is also the key to business success. No business can survive without profitable contracts. Within a company, negotiation skills can lead to your career advancement. I hope that you will join the hundreds of thousands of learners who have made “Successful Negotiation” one of the most popular and highly-rated MOOCs worldwide. In the course, you’ll learn about and practice the four steps to a successful negotiation: (1) Prepare: Plan Your Negotiation Strategy (2) Negotiate: Use Key Tactics for Success (3) Close: Create a Contract (4) Perform and Evaluate: The End Game To successfully complete this course and improve your ability to negotiate, you’ll need to do the following: (1) Watch the short videos (ranging from 5 to 20 minutes). The videos are interactive and they include questions to test your understanding of negotiation strategy and skills. You can speed up or slow down videos to match your preferred pace for listening. Depending on your schedule, you can watch the videos over a few weeks or you can binge watch them. A learner who binge-watched the course concluded that “It’s as good as Breaking Bad.” Another learner compared the course to “House of Cards.” Both shows contain interesting examples of complex negotiations! (2) Test your negotiation skills by completing the negotiation in Module 6. You can negotiate with a local friend or use Discussions to find a partner from another part of the world. Your negotiation partner will give you feedback on your negotiation skills. To assist you with your negotiations, I have developed several free negotiating planning tools that are related to the course. These tools and a free app are available at http://negotiationplanner.com/ (3) Take the final exam. To successfully complete the course, you must answer 80% of the questions correctly. The exam is a Mastery Exam, which means that you can take it as many times as you want until you master the material. Course Certificate You have the option of earning a Course Certificate. A Certificate provides formal recognition of your achievements in the course and includes the University of Michigan logo. Learn more about Certificates at: https://learner.coursera.help/hc/en-us/articles/209819053-Get-a-Course-Certificate This course is also available in Spanish and Portuguese. To join the fully translated Spanish version, visit this page: https://www.coursera.org/learn/negociacion/ To join the fully translated Portuguese version, visit this page: https://www.coursera.org/learn/negociacao Subtitles for the videos are available in English, Ukrainian, Chinese (Simplified), Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish Created by: University of Michigan The course logo composite is shared with a Creative Commons CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/) license, and was created using images provided courtesy of Flazingo Photos (http://bit.ly/1zOylRm) and K2 Space (https://www.flickr.com/photos/k2space/14257556613/in/set-72157644732478432)....

AB

Mar 09, 2017

Probably the best course videos Ive come across. Professor George I believe is an amazing teacher...the way he gets the concept across to students by simple and constant examples is worth mentioning..

YT

Sep 18, 2015

This is one of the best and enlightening MOOC I have taken and I already start reaping the benefit. I encourage everyone who is serious about his/her career to consider this course!\n\nYannick Kounga

176 - 200 of 1,384 Reviews for Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills

By Francesco M

Dec 25, 2015

Amazing

By Itamar M

Oct 19, 2015

Excelent!

By Ricardo V M

Aug 17, 2015

es un excelente curso no solo te ayuda a reflexionar sobre acciones si no que te ayuda en habilidades cotidianas que no solo sirven para negociar

By Suphaphon S

Aug 14, 2015

Great course learn many things from it

By Rimma T

Nov 07, 2015

This course gave some very good and useful insights on negotiation and its tact

By Marcelo V d P

Oct 08, 2015

Very good

By Kaidi S

Nov 03, 2016

very good and easy to understand

By Alexander D

Aug 16, 2015

Very good! George Siedel was an amazing teacher with a lot of great tips, tricks and tools to use in real life negotiations. I am very appreciative for the opportunity to complete this course.

By John P

Oct 29, 2015

One of the best Coursera courses. Thanks

By Hsueh-Fu, W

Oct 18, 2015

Wonderful. It's very worthy to attend this course. Thanks

By Ryan C

Mar 31, 2017

As a Federal Government executive who deals with administrative and civil cases and also an attorney, I found this class extremely helpful. I hope UM offers more related classes from both their prestigious business schools and law schools.

By Muhammad S

Dec 19, 2015

that was really great

By Tobia A

Aug 31, 2015

Great contents, fantastic teacher. I advise you to buy the book, I really enjoyed reading it. This is my first course on Coursera platform, I prefer EdX but that's an opinion. I would like an additional course taught by the same teacher, with more advanced contents.

By Abhishek G

Nov 15, 2015

It is a wonderful course. Professor Siedel has covered all the necessary areas and explained each topic with his mesmerizing teaching style.

By Bruche S M

Aug 21, 2015

Loving this course so far!

By Ivan S

Oct 16, 2015

Great and simple!

By Jose R C

Oct 12, 2015

Clear and practical.

Excellent mix of theory and examples.

By Hongrui L

Jan 23, 2016

I like it very much! I have engineering background. I think differently than others a lot. This class provides me a different perspective.

By Raphael M

May 15, 2017

Excelente!

By 张舒婷

Dec 02, 2015

Really impressive! I've benefitted a lot from just taking the course because it's a realm that I've never encountered before, yet I haven't done some spcific real-life pratice.I bet this mind-changlleging course will continue to boarden my horizen and equip me with a big negotiation picture.

By Claudia M

Oct 22, 2015

Excelente aprendi nuevas formas de realizar una buena negociación

By Diana Z

Oct 30, 2016

Excellent course taught by an excellent professor! Learned skills which can be practiced in many professional and personal decision making situations. Lots of practical examples and an engaging atmosphere.

By Kuan H L U

Jul 25, 2017

Fué excelente! Lo que me gusto mas fué el ejercicio práctico, de la vida real aplicable a todo nivel.

By Natalia U

Aug 20, 2015

Great teaching! Very interesting course, easy to understand. Thank you!

By Phan Q V