Back to Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator by Yale University

This course will help you be a better negotiator. Unlike many negotiation courses, we develop a framework for analyzing and shaping negotiations. This framework will allow you to make principled arguments that persuade others. It will allow you to see beneath the surface of apparent conflicts to uncover the underlying interests. You will leave the course better able to predict, interpret, and shape the behavior of those you face in competitive situations. In this course, you will have several opportunities to negotiate with other students using case studies based on common situations in business and in life. You can get feedback on your performance and compare what you did to how others approached the same scenario. The cases also provide a setting to discuss a wide-ranging set of topics including preparing for a negotiation, making ultimatums, avoiding regret, expanding the pie, and dealing with someone who has a very different perspective on the world. Advanced topics include negotiating when you have no power, negotiating over email, and the role of gender differences in negotiation. To close out the course, we will hear insights from three negotiation experts: Linda Babcock, Herb Cohen, and John McCall MacBain. Enjoy....

MN
Jun 11, 2017

I have completed over 12 courses on Coursera and this one is the best presented of them all. You can learn a lot of un-intuitive things about negotiation that will serve you well in life and business.

NK

Great course .. being an Indian Negotiation is very natural to me. It starts with street vendors in India. I would like you to upload more case studies industry based .. I loved the way you teach ...

1051 - 1075 of 1,079 Reviews for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

By Robert P

Mar 29, 2016

Superb presentation of objective methods to approach negotiations, with exercises and

By Anshuman S

Dec 4, 2019

Great course! Well designed and articulated! It is fit to any level of student.

By Lawrence

Mar 25, 2017

I thought the active negotiations with other students were very effective...

By Natalia V

Jun 2, 2020

very good material, but more like a theory - not very well for sales people

By Tugba S

Jun 23, 2019

I really enjoyed the course. You could improve the structure of each week.

By Ricardo G N

Mar 13, 2018

Curso más que recomendable; sumamente didáctico y a la par entretenido.

By Ayse G C

Dec 22, 2015

very well organized and I esp like the way we have the case studies .

By Shuang R

Oct 16, 2015

Interesting course, useful principles and good animation lecture.

By Juan F V

Jan 24, 2017

Very well structured and gives very good tools

By Melvin J

Apr 26, 2020

Really good and engaging materials

By Jonathan M

Jul 9, 2017

It is tough, but worth the effort.

By Gabriela S

Jul 16, 2020

Very good course , learnt a lot.

By Ahmed w

Feb 28, 2019

Detailed

By Anton S

Aug 23, 2015

Some pretty interesting start based on mathematics, but too lengthy obvious advice for someone who gets the concept right away.

By Vernicia N R

Jul 22, 2020

This isn't a course for me. While the educator is very well versed, I find myself not being able to keep up.

By Dhanuka A A

Jul 22, 2020

my assignment was not reviewed till the very last day of the completion of the course

By PATRICK F

Nov 25, 2020

When I took this course on negotiation I expected to update my understanding and command of negotiation technics. By this I mean human interactions, psychology, Argument and counter argument. Intercultural management in negotiation. Management of the types of characters discussing in the negotiation, Negotiation styles. Principles of negotiation. When I started the course I found that it was all about mathematics, calculations, numbers, money $ very far away from what I expected. All about how much money and savings and benefits you can gain in . I prefer the human side of negotiation though. This is why I decided to quit and forget the pie LOL...

By ramin y

Apr 1, 2020

graphics are lince. but It's way too fast and hard to follow.