Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

LD

Dec 19, 2016

Dr. Peggy Mason creates a viable way to understand neurobiology. Although the material is very challenging, her teaching style keeps one focused and interested. I highly recommend this course.

AH

Dec 29, 2016

An excellent course about the brain. I'm a passionate about human behaviour and this course has added a lot to my understanding. I really liked the way professor Mason explained every topic.

301 - 315 of 315 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By Elena A

Jul 26, 2017

Very interesting course. The quizzes are a little tricky. I learned many things even though I haven't study neoroscience.

By Joy S

Feb 02, 2019

This is a good and interesting review of the brain. It has an expert, engaging, likeable instructor and it goes fast.

By Xianghui ( M

Jun 24, 2019

it's intuitive and interesting by its structure and content. The professors is great.

By Gustavo N V T

Jan 05, 2019

I am learning quite a lot about the details of the neurons

By LEONARDO B C

Aug 01, 2019

Muy buen curso! Solo que la producción podría mejorar.

By Adam K

Oct 18, 2017

Great Course for people who are new to this field!

By Stuart R

Jun 14, 2019

A good course that sometimes stalled a little.

By javeria a

Jun 13, 2017

its gives us better info about our daily life

By Josiah S C

Feb 20, 2020

Good format and interesting material!

By Ana M R

Apr 26, 2017

very clear and ussefull... thanks!!

By Sandipana C

Aug 27, 2018

interesting!

By DrGangadhar C

Mar 29, 2018

goood information

By Ryan M

Mar 24, 2020

I was really excited about this course and it contains a lot of great information but the questions for assessment are not generally over the material that was emphasized in the video lectures. This makes it very difficult to know what material to make notes on. Often, it felt like the questions were on information that the teacher said almost in passing. I am a high school mathematics teacher so I have a basis for determining when assessment doesn't align with instruction. All in all, the experience has been frustrating and consequently it has been difficult to log on and be excited to learn this otherwise fascinating information.

By Edith S

Dec 27, 2019

I find this course extremely difficult, The teaching style seems chaotic to me and the overwhelming amount of information (all new to me) makes it hard for me to focus. I have been trying to keep up with the course and the drawings and examples she provides by taking notes, but I wish there would be more clear hand outs and that the information would be better organized. The subject matter is no doubly super interesting and it is evident to me that the instructor knows her stuff and is super excited about it, but this is not for me.

By Jonathan G

Mar 25, 2018

interesting course however, you can easily learn this in high school. It is unclear whether to have a written assignment or video bite. You cannot have both. It is simply too much work!