Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

PF

Mar 22, 2020

This course has turned out to very profitable, especially if you are not an expert in anatomical and clinical terms as is my case. In my opinion, this course is extremely interesting, congratulations.

MF

Dec 29, 2021

Excellent course for understanding the extent to which human neurobiology is complex and fascinating, with multiple opportunities to compare findings with other species and get a better understanding.

851 - 875 of 926 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By Rosa D R B

Sep 29, 2019

Ótimo

By Souvik S

May 25, 2023

good

By Md Z

Sep 22, 2021

good

By Sambana N R

Aug 31, 2020

Good

By Voronkov I M

Dec 9, 2023

May 15, 2017

V

By Caroline L

Nov 29, 2023

Dr. Mason is an informative and engaging professor who shares her passion for neurobiology at every step of the way. I highly recommend this course if you're interested in the material! I deducted a star because the final assignment is graded by peer reviews, which are not overseen very carefully. Despite submitting what I would consider to be a well-written paper that fulfilled all requirements listen on the rubric, I got several reviews that gave me the lowest rating (though the only feedback from them was "WELL DONE," "clear," and "good job") which meant I couldn't get a passing grade. I had to re-upload a new copy of the same paper in order to pass. There was no apparent mechanism within the course to dispute grades/reviews from peers.

By Joanne ( W

Aug 1, 2020

An incredibly informative course! Professor Peggy Mason is an outstanding lecturer and what a 'brain box'! Content was varied and incredibly interesting. I would only say that there could've been some more 'blended' learning as the format is rather repetitive and some modules there were some technical gliches with module testing within the unit, ie it didn't exist or wasn't working. Another observation was that the end of week quizes often had 'new content' in them which hadn't been covered in the module or were questions from online flash cards that were directly correlated with the learning in the modules. It's a great course and with a bit of tweaking, it could be outstandng. Thanks to all, I enjoyed it.

By Caleb S

Dec 25, 2022

I think this class was great, and I definitely learned more than I expected to. The only problems I have with the course is that the evaluations don't always seem to reflect the purpose of the lessons, and at times the professor feels unprepared to monologue for an entire lesson. While I do think that Dr. Mason explains things in a way that's easy to understand, there are times when she stumbles over her words so much that it takes 20-30 seconds for her to say one sentence, and by that point I can't even remember what we're talking about anymore. Again, though, I think that it's worth the time and effort I put into it, and I'd recommend it for anyone who has an intermediate understanding of neuroscience.