Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

PM

Mar 23, 2020

This course has turned out to very profitable, especially if you are not an expert in anatomical and clinical terms as is my case. In my opinion, this course is extremely interesting, congratulations.

VK

Jul 27, 2020

This course has been an eye-opener for me and has helped me to better understand the brain from a perspective of empathy towards those suffering from debilitating disorders, thanks to Professor Mason.

201 - 225 of 519 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By Martin R L Q

Jun 15, 2020

A comprehensive and fascinating course about the structure and functions of the brain and its intimate relationship with the body and human behaviour. Highly recommendable

By Vivian F

Jan 16, 2018

The course was execellent. Professor Peggy Mason introduced us to neurobiology in comprehensive and engaging way. I will recomend this course ! thank you professor Maggy!

By Jessica G

Oct 18, 2016

Doing this as prep for my Biopsych class next year. Really enjoying the material, Peggy's delivery (and affection for the humble neuron) is infectious.

Many thanks, Jess

By Josephine T

Sep 01, 2020

A very interesting course that delivers neurobiology in an amount of depth that is not too basic, but still understandable by people who do not really major in biology.

By Samia A V E

Jul 29, 2020

Excellent course, the materials are great, the final project is also very interesting, anyone who wants to know more about the brain should take it! Highly recommended!

By Aakash C

Jul 17, 2020

This course is amazing and it gives a great perspective into Neurobiology. Dr. Peggy Mason's engagement to the course is wonderful. Entirely, this course is flawless!

By Judith M

Jan 10, 2017

good video lectures, good idea with the small quizes after every section. Peggy was fun to listen too and she got difficult things over quite clearly. Worth repeating

By Angelos A

Jul 08, 2020

Excellent course. Mason is a great and enthusiastic instructor. I would only expect a bit more anatomical information of the central and peripheral nervous system.

By Rodney L

May 16, 2019

Dr. Mason is a joy to have as an instructor. I hope for the opportunity to learn from her in the future. I look forward to following her work on LinkedIn and FB.

By Sophie K

May 19, 2017

This course was EXCELLENT!!!! I learned so much and I loved Peggy! I just wish it had gone on longer. This course was very fun and also very informative. 5 STARS!!

By Bruce M d S

Jul 04, 2019

By far one of the best experiences in online learning that i had! Professor Peggy Mason is Amazing! I recommend her book too (the one by her right in the videos).

By Pam B

Oct 15, 2017

Awesome course. Lots of concepts covered. Will probably review again in a while since I know I will learn even more if I repeat some of the more complex topics.

By Vidur S

May 30, 2017

A great course! Topics are very well explained and answer many fundamental questions about the working of our brain and about diseases and pretty much everything.

By Eric C

Mar 02, 2018

Excellent course! I'm working on machine learning using neural network, and this class provide a fascinating insight into how brain really works. Very inspiring.

By Kenneth B

Jul 31, 2020

The lessons by Prof. Peggy was very engaging and interesting. I learned a lot regarding the neurobiology of life and the brain itself. It was a good experience.

By Sabrina K

Mar 10, 2018

Great! I love the course, Prof. Mason! I really appreciate your way of explaining and visually showing everything! Great to see all written or drawn as well! :)

By João M A T

Dec 14, 2017

What can I say? I never thought I was going to learn neurobiology (or should I say neurology) in such an easy and fun manner. Congrats to Professor Peggy Mason.

By Adrien S

Jul 18, 2020

Truly a perfect learning experience to get you from little to no neurobiological knowledge to a level that prepares you for advanced understanding and studies.

By Bertran C

Nov 01, 2017

Excelente Curso de Formación. Conceptos básicos muy bien enseñados, para todos aquellos que se estén formando en neurociencias, neurología y neuropsicología.

By Tithi B

Aug 21, 2020

It was a beautiful journey with Prof. Peggy Mason. She explained everything so immensely. Just a super interesting course if you can grab all the lectures!!

By Phoebe S

Aug 19, 2019

Very good course! Would recommend to anybody who is interested in the nervous system and neurobiology. It is well taught and not too demanding of your time.

By Claudia T

Jun 25, 2019

What an amazing way to explain the nervous system, its development, and functions of each of the components.

I am following in love with the subject.

Claudia

By Elif E

Jun 13, 2019

As a molecular biologist who is interested in neurosciences, I have learnt a great deal from Prof. Mason. She really is a neuro-chauvinist (in a good way)!

By Jimena J C

Apr 04, 2018

149/5000

The best for people interested in learning the basics of neurobiology, the best teacher, thank you very much for allowing me to learn with you!

By Simon F

Sep 21, 2017

Professor Mason has prepared the course in a very systematic manner and presented the subject in a way that makes it easy to understand and to follow.