Back to The New Nordic Diet - from Gastronomy to Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The New Nordic Diet - from Gastronomy to Health by University of Copenhagen

The New Nordic Diet is a new food culture developed in 2009-13 with key emphasis on gastronomy, health, and environment. Major research in its effect on acceptability, behaviour and learning skills, and disease prevention have been conducted by the OPUS centre at the University of Copenhagen and the people behind the award-winning restaurant Noma in Copenhagen. This course will give the participants the opportunity to experience a healthy and palatable new food and eating concept diet “The New Nordic Diet” and an understanding of how food and diets can affect mental and physical health and ensure the foundation for a healthier life style for future generations with a regional based diet and food culture. In Denmark “the Nordic cuisine”, has expanded from food eaten at the award-winning Copenhagen restaurant Noma to home-made dishes of local ingredients of whole-grain rye bread, root vegetables, berries, fresh fish and seaweed. This course is also part of the EIT Health Programme...

G
Sep 10, 2020

It has focused both on the importance of the diet and implementation of the diet among the people, but focused mainly on the the requirements and sacrifices to be done for the implementation.

TO
Nov 27, 2020

Very good, interesting and well designed lessons. I've got plenty of idea to promoting our national diet of Mongolia. Thank you so much for all those academic researchers and professors.

126 - 150 of 157 Reviews for The New Nordic Diet - from Gastronomy to Health

By Thebora P

Feb 8, 2018

Interesting way of teaching kids to like and taste food. I also believe that including kids and other adults while cooking is a great way of introducing new palates and discoveries of different foods. Setting aside time together around a dinner table without any electronic distractions is a way to have my family savor the food that they helped prepare with more time

By ZHONG W

Aug 21, 2019

I like this course very much. As a doctor, I knew that food and diets have a big effect on human healthy, especially CAD and DM. The introduction of the trails are interesting and learnable. But for more inspirational part, the interaction among food, environment, economy, etc, makes it a multi-dimension issue, which is worth further researches.

By Justyna Z

Dec 7, 2020

Found the course really interesting. I think it would be good to provide some updates with most recent findings/conclusions from the conducted research (considering the project begun like 15 years ago) and eg. whether NND has been widely introduced in school programs all over the country since then.

By Laetitia M

Nov 9, 2016

Quite interesting. Especially the way the studies were made and how they were evaluated. It would be nice that after such long time now, to include the results of the schools study.

I was also expecting more details on the NND itself : food preparation, detailed food, recipes.

By Abriana L

Dec 25, 2020

I was really impressed and felt an overall positive outlook based on what I learned about NND. An implemented and approved way of eating is acknowledged and I was truly inspired to be mindful of what I eat and how it effects me. This course was helpful and just!

By Diane B

Nov 27, 2020

Interesting Confusing teachers language difficult to undersand quizzes set on non essential data instead of important data not relative to whats learned when taking a curse like this we need to take something other than data with us we need the essentials

By Anna V

Apr 4, 2016

Quite an interesting course with a lot of different information, practical as well as theoretical. However, it would be great to translate and upload a New Nordic diet cooking book in English, to make it available for all the students of the course.

By Gina M

Oct 16, 2016

I loved the instructors and their thorough presentations. It was very eye-opening. I gained useful knowledge that can only help lead to a better life. Thank you for the opportunity.

By MUNAGALA H

Sep 9, 2020

This is a good programmer about nutrition related to our region i hope this would be implemented in INDIA also so that people can know about food what they eat

By Jonathan G

Feb 1, 2018

interesting course, however although I learned about Scandinavian culture and diet, it was self-explanatory and I don't really feel this needs to be a course.

By Borbála B

Oct 25, 2017

It was a very usefull course but I would be happy with some recipe of food what we can manage our local productcts,too!

thanks so much the usefull knowledge.

By Vanessa G

Nov 5, 2016

Súper nteresante propuesta, con contenidos muy amplios que abarcan y resumen muchos aspectos que hacen al estado nutricional y salud de los individuos.

By Monica

Jul 17, 2017

In-depth introduction and understanding the background and details of the study. It will be great if able to include the updates from this research.

By Tatiane M R d S

Oct 19, 2020

Eu o fiz por curiosidade pessoal. Espero conseguir implementar no meu dia a dia os fundamentos dessa dieta, usando alimentos da minha região

By Karena M K Y

Nov 1, 2020

What I like about the New Nordic diet is you can eat lots of the foods they eat and you're less likely to gain weight.

By Ann T

May 29, 2018

I would like the course has more information of the New Nordic Diet with recipes, but it is a very interestig

By Mary K

Apr 8, 2017

Naturally, I was less interested in the scientific apparatus than in the conclusions.

By Sujoy G

Jun 13, 2018

This course was pretty helpful for me and a must do if you're into culinary.

By Annu M

Feb 2, 2019

It is interesting, learning about the way a research was implemented.

By Alfonso F B

Aug 22, 2020

AWESOME COURSE

By Sebastian B

Aug 27, 2020

Very nice topic and very interesting. In my opinion sometimes too much repetition between the speakers and too many open questions. The research was done in 2014 and they talk about not having results as yet. This course could need some update to make it more credible and relevant.

By arne n

Apr 13, 2017

Interesting concept and great insight into the workings of a research project, yet limited in scope, effectively the long term effects cannot be proven on evidence and the practical feasability of the ideal seems to be rather limited. I would love to eat more deer, though.

By monique p

Feb 5, 2018

A little tough to follow due to the accent of presenters and differences in word association and the english language. Interesting but could be condensed.