Back to Academic Listening and Note-Taking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Academic Listening and Note-Taking by University of California, Irvine

This course will help non-native English speakers improve their listening and note-taking skills for the purpose of listening to academic lectures. You will learn techniques for improving your understanding and skills for taking more effective notes, and you will get lots of practice in using these. If you're planning to attend college classes in English, then this class is for you. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Understand and follow a lecture 2. Take better lecture notes 3. Discuss courses with classmates and professors 4. Give an effective academic presentation Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

MH
Sep 22, 2021

I would like to say thank you to the teachers who taught me and help me to complete this course. Now I know that note-taking is not too difficult and my listening skiill is better.\n\nThank you.

TA
Dec 10, 2018

It is very useful and very interesting course i learned a lot of skills from this course and these skills which i learned from this course will help me in my whole life regarding my studies

176 - 200 of 219 Reviews for Academic Listening and Note-Taking

By monika m

May 7, 2020

i really enjoyed. this course exactly helped me to improve my english listening and how i can take important notes during the lectures in organized way because the steps that i learnt is very practical and easy to every one .

i think the course is very helpful to everyone who need to improve his / her english listening and academic note taking .

By Chalee U

Very good course, students can practice listening and note taking in many times with plenty of academic lecture sources too. However, this course might provide discussion board as sometimes you are hard to find peers to review your works in week 3-4. Thanks. :)

By SHYAM K

May 20, 2018

An amazing course for people who wants to learn and pick-up their skills on Note taking. Especially for students who are planning to do masters in America by writing TOEFL, this course will increase their ability to get more score.

By abd a B

Sep 20, 2016

It is helpful for fresh student and student who study in other languages than their own native mother language. Prepare you to be familiar with lecture and provid you clues to deal with incomprehensible situations.

By Annie Y L

Feb 15, 2020

Good course for learning skills in listening and attitude´s speaker and tone. I was expecting to speak but this course wasn t for.

Good job team

By Carol A M L

Jan 17, 2019

I have improve my listening skills, but I think it's necesary to have a high level of english for can learn more in this course.

By AL

Jun 17, 2020

It´s a little repetitive, but the information is good and I was able to develop my academic listening skills.

By Luis A T J

Dec 9, 2016

It's a great course, It has learning curve hard at the beginning but I improved my english skills integrally.

By Juan Q

Jul 24, 2019

Overall I think it's great but it wasn't impressive. I mean the knowledge isn't that inspiring.

By SUMOLTA P

Dec 15, 2019

It's difficult to complete in this course because nobody to review my submissions.

By Daniela A M C

Jul 20, 2020

IT'S A GREAT COURSE, YOU CAN IMPROVE YOUR LISTENING AND YOU LEARN TO TAKE NOTES!

By Avin M

Mar 1, 2021

I thank Coursera for a great experience and I gained more skills and ideas

By Ahmad C

Nov 5, 2021

A​ good course that helps in developing the skill of listening

By Odey

Mar 30, 2018

Great course for students before getting in the university

By wisal k

Apr 24, 2020

The way of teaching is excellent for every learners.

By Ayelen P

Oct 13, 2020

Me encanto el curso, me ayudó a practicar mi Inglés

By Gabriela N

Jul 7, 2021

Good course.

The professor is more intelligent.

By Macela C d A

Feb 28, 2018

It helped me to improve my take note skill.

By Shehab J A J

Jul 27, 2021

It is cover main point in the meeting

By Yeshwanth B

Aug 31, 2020

Nice course and everything is Good.

By Brenda C A D l T