Back to Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy by Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU)

Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy offers an overview of the latest research findings and international recommendations on a variety of nutrition-related aspects and outcomes of pregnancy. Ensuring a healthy nutritional status and lifestyle prior to and during pregnancy is one of the best ways to help support the healthy growth and development of the unborn child. We will look at how a healthy diet and lifestyle should ideally be achieved prior to conception and provide recommendations for pre-conception counselling of women. We will also look at the nutritient recommendations for a healthy pregnancy to ensure optimal maternal and fetal outcomes as well as focus on the most common nutrition-related pregnancy complications; obesity and gestational diabetes. The learner will have the opportunity to delve into the cutting-edge world of epigenetic and metabolomic research and appreciate the enormous role that these programming effects have in long-term health and disease outcomes. Finally, we offer real life, everyday situations and questions from pregnant women to aid healthcare professionals in the nutrition-based counselling of pregnant women and their families. In addition to the English original, subtitles in Portugese language are available now!...

SR

Apr 29, 2017

I'm a GP interacting with pregnant woman on a regular basis. This was a very enlightening refresher course. will highly recommend it to my peers. beautifully presented. N.B very pretty obstetrician!

RM

Aug 13, 2019

Helped me understand the importance of good nutrition during pregnancy. This course helped me build my knowledge of nutrition and how we must bring about lifestyle changes for a healthy pregnancy.

1 - 25 of 210 Reviews for Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy

By Abodunrin D .

Mar 13, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed the Course. It was engaging and videos were very clear.

By Magdalene M A

Feb 22, 2019

Great course. I have learnt a lot of interesting things about pregnancy. I still have a lot of materials from the course to read but that gives me the oppotunity to understand better and maybe learn even more about nutrition and lifestyle in pregnancy. Why dont you take this course to, you'll be glad you did...

By Andrea M C

Jan 31, 2019

It is a good course, I recomend it to all health profesionals who wants to enhace theirs skills.

By Sixtus A

Jan 31, 2019

It was very useful learning experience for me and the material supplies were very helpful in learning the course.

By Alejandra

Feb 05, 2019

Información fácil de digerir, actualizada y muy interesante.

By GoncharenkoA

Jan 11, 2019

Hello, I'm a Man. And Pregnancy is something mystery for me. There are a lot of myths and misunderstanding in that area, for example of energy intake, exercises, BMI, epigenomic factors. That was a really interesting and helpful course. Thank you, guys. My Wife was happy when she saw what I did. Hope, there are will be another course, about Pregnancy preparation for Men. It's also discussable area: alcohol, smoking, BMI, sperm, marijuana.

By Islam A T A

Feb 14, 2019

Very great course and helps many people to gain more correct information about nutrition during pregnancy

By kerstin l

Feb 27, 2019

really good and informative and practical info to use at work

By angela b m

Mar 06, 2019

I really enjoyed the course, very practical and pointed what you really need to know about this field.

By CLAUDIA L G M

Mar 05, 2019

El tema es adecuado y actualizado.

By Nourhan a a

Mar 10, 2019

An amazing course that helped a lot to understand how to deal and to take care of my health and nutrition during my pregnancy.

By Xochitl M S P

Mar 17, 2019

Soy Licenciada en Nutrición, el curso me ayudo a reafirmar algunos temas y sentirme capaz de apoyar a mis pacientes embarazadas.

By taniara d s c

Mar 28, 2019

fantastic!!! I LOVED!

By ALFRED A

Mar 31, 2019

This course has been very helpful and I cannot keep it to myself alone

By DULCE M T S

Apr 02, 2019

me gustó mucho y es de gran ayuda en mi practica profesional. el curso esta bien llevado y fundamentado

By Irene T

Apr 09, 2019

Really useful class on what foods to consume / avoid; I'd love to see more pregnancy-related courses being offered!

By Lara A B

Feb 06, 2019

Good contents

By Evagelia P

Feb 17, 2019

Fantastic course, deserves the highest 5stars evaluation. I m grateful for all this updated deep knowledge on the field

By Maria A G

Feb 07, 2019

I am loving all the course! The quality is excellent and the information is so updated. Congratulations!

By Zineb K

t

!

By John C

Jul 15, 2018

This course was very helpful to me in learning about mother and infant nutrition. The tests are somewhat difficult and will require some note-taking.

By JOHN Q

Sep 30, 2017

great course and material I hadn't thought about in years. thanks so much!

By Kristýna J

Jan 11, 2018

I found this course extremely helpful. I was looking for information on the preconception and conception diet and lifestyle for quite some time, but have found only breif recommendations. This course was just what I was looking for as it provided enough of details and recommendation, all served in an easily understandable way. Due to this and also to the practicality of information provided here, I consider this course to be one of the best ones I have taken on Coursera.

By Nuria Q R