Back to Object-Oriented Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object-Oriented Design by University of Alberta

This course takes Java beginners to the next level by covering object-oriented analysis and design. You will discover how to create modular, flexible, and reusable software, by applying object-oriented design principles and guidelines. And, you will be able to communicate these designs in a visual notation known as Unified Modelling Language (UML). You will be challenged in the Capstone Project to apply your knowledge of object-oriented design by evolving and documenting the Java codebase for an Android application with corresponding UML documentation. After completing this course, you will be able to: • Apply the Class Responsibility Collaborator (CRC) technique to analyze and design the object-oriented model for a problem. • Explain and apply object-oriented modeling principles and their purpose (e.g., abstraction, encapsulation, decomposition, generalization). • Explain and apply different types of inheritance • Explain the difference between association, aggregation, and composition dependencies. • Express object-oriented models as Unified Modeling Language (UML) class diagrams. • Translate between UML class diagrams and equivalent Java code. • Apply design guidelines for modularity, separation of concerns, information hiding, and conceptual integrity to create a flexible, reusable, maintainable design. • Explain the tradeoff between cohesion and coupling....

FK
Jan 10, 2021

Great course to learn the concepts of Software Designing and how it is used in real business scenarios. This course is indeed very helpful for aspiring product developers who aim to be an architect.

JS
Aug 5, 2020

126 - 150 of 339 Reviews for Object-Oriented Design

By LIUZHENTAO

Jul 27, 2020

This course is brilliant! Through this course, I gradually lay solid foundation in Object-Oriented Design, as well as improve my programming skills. I'd like to recommend it to my peers!

By Danilo M

May 3, 2020

This course is incredible because you can learn object-oriented design and they teach you in a simple way so that you can understand with clear and objective examples.

By Renan T d A N

Apr 27, 2020

What I've learned from this course, I can say that will be very important to my life, because in some modules I saw somethings that I don't saw in the college.

By Cristobal S

Apr 3, 2020

this is a very nice course, i like the way it was presented could have a little more documentarion to read but was really good i like it a lot, learned a lot

By Потапова К Н

Sep 12, 2019

I think it's one of the most interesting and useful courses. I consolidated the knowledge gained at the university and was able to learn a lot new things

By ERICK C K

Mar 7, 2020

Instructors has deep understanding of concept which are applicable to real world. Thanks for those who contributed to the success of this great course.

By David D R

Aug 12, 2020

The course is very well done, with high quality content. The video explain thoroughly the topic and the questions and the assignments are challenging.

By Reynaldo P G

Dec 28, 2020

Nice course. It teaches you about analysis and design very well. It takes time to complete because it involves a lot of thinking on the way.

By Rohaizad M

Dec 20, 2020

Very useful and full of knowledge! I was able to understand everything in this course relating UML, Diagrams, Codes and more!

By Emrah Y

Sep 7, 2020

Content is very very comprehensive. Examples are so clear. And instructor is experienced. I strongly advise this course.

By Danila B

Apr 21, 2020

Good course for getting to know UML State/Class/Sequence diagrams, and the basic concepts of the Object Oriented Design.

Nov 19, 2020

This course has been of a great help in understanding the design and elements in app development, java connectivity.

By Zhao H

Sep 27, 2020

This is a very very excellent course of which I've ever taken & would like to recommend it to my friends to expore.

By Grigorii N

Aug 22, 2019

Seems to be useful. Complex ideas are explained in a simple way. Lovely lectures, good practice with UML. Love it!

By Mikołaj

Great course - I am confident that the code written by me from now on will be of much higher quality than before.

By Ahmed A A M

Jul 20, 2020

a great course , it starts from the very beginning , lectures are to the point , concepts are explained clearly.

By SHAILESH P

May 12, 2020

This is a very good course. The tutors are brilliant and their way of teaching with examples and illustrations

By Venugopal A

May 3, 2020

Its a great job and anybody who wants to create complex systems and applications should join this course.

By Thomas M

Dec 30, 2020

This is a very good course for anybody wanting to learn objected oriented design. I highly recommend it.

By Mohammed S

Aug 21, 2019

Very informative course with good assignments. Recommended to anyone want to start with software design.

By Ahmed M

Nov 16, 2020

It's a great course with clear explaination and i recommend it for everyone just finished oop course

By Ajay A

Feb 17, 2020

I'm very glad that I completed this course I definitely want to thank Coursera for this opportunity.

By Zoe B L

Jul 2, 2020

Very well! Course videos are short and straightforward. The provided course notes helped me a lot.

By Freelance &

Dec 19, 2020

A great course to know generally about object oriented I'm lucky that I enrolled in this course

By Ilze K

Sep 12, 2020

Great refresher of topics. Well presented with emphasis on the essential concepts. Recommended!