Back to Oceanography: a key to better understand our world

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Oceanography: a key to better understand our world by Universitat de Barcelona

The course for a round the world regatta leads the boats through the Mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic, Southern Indian and South Pacific Oceans. On their voyage, the skippers come across a large variety of oceanographic situations: strong currents, floating ice, wave formations of every kind and biological diversity. In this course the student will learn about the foundations of the science of oceanography. You'll learn about the classification and formation of the ocean floor, how current sea satellite analysis systems work, the chemistry of the oceans and the processes that led to its formation. To follow this course does not require previous knowledge of oceanography....

JS

Jun 07, 2020

The course is very informative , helps in attaining a pile of knowledge about the oceanic world and its reserves. Conveying my gratitude to University of Barcelona for conducting such a course.

FA

Aug 18, 2020

1 - 25 of 29 Reviews for Oceanography: a key to better understand our world

By Ashley

Jan 02, 2018

I enjoyed the learning process for this course. I definitely recommend it. This course is very interactive and quite interesting :)

By Frederik S

Oct 20, 2017

The course is given in Catalan and therefore incomprehensible for the wider community. The translation into English is very poor and makes it very hard to follow the accompanying slides and video explanation.

Given these restrictions no proper review as to the content and presentation can be given - I am very disappointed to have to give up following this course.

By Marco M

May 15, 2020

I found the content of this course extremely interesting.

Only some content, ultimately in Week 3, has been explained too fastly and definitely too hastly. The currents systems should have been teached more deeply. Additionally some metereology basics could have helped.

Conversely, the Paleoceanography and Remote sensing chapters were very well made.

By BISWAJIT P

This course is absolutely valuable. It enhances your knowledge in all aspects of oceanography. The professors are very well in subjects and represents in beautiful manner. Thanks to coursera and University of Barcelona for designing this course.

By Michelle M

Aug 23, 2020

Informative and in-depth course. I think it would have been better for me if Spanish was a language I could understand. It felt more difficult reading while listening. Overall, an excellent introduction.

By Fazla Z A

Aug 18, 2020

By JISHNU S S

Jun 07, 2020

By SIBEL O

Jul 27, 2020

VERY INTERESTING SUBJECTS... SOMETIMES SPANISH CAUSED SOME PROBLEM TO ME. BUT GENERALLY I'VE LEARNED THE NEW WORLD-OCEAN..

By Avani P D

Jun 15, 2020

Best course ever though in Spanish but it was fun and lots of experience regarding this course

By JOHN Q

Aug 01, 2017

Fun and interesting. A wonderful review (I'm an ex pilot)

By PAULO O M

Jun 28, 2020

Curso bem elaborado, com professores muito competentes.

By Md. I M

Jun 11, 2020

Amazing course to explore the oceanography knowledge.

By Tòfol T C

Apr 18, 2020

Excelente. Felicidades por el contenido y material

By Kristina F

Sep 17, 2017

A lot of information and very well presented.

By Anuj S

Sep 09, 2020

It gives an overall knowledge of the ocean .

By FRANK A

Sep 11, 2020

A FASCINATING TOPIC TAUGHT INCREDIBLY WELL

By Md. M I

That's an amazing course.

By Subhashini S

Apr 23, 2020

Good course!!!

By Andros D C S

Feb 10, 2020

The course is very rich in information, I have acquired broad elements to understand better the ocean dynamics, processes that are involved and the consequences caused by them. Sometimes I was a bit confused, I think the explanations were very good but sometimes not so clear.

As a Paleoceanography student definitely recommend this course to people who have already a bit background in the topic!

By Mari-Liis K

Apr 03, 2020

It was a good overview of oceanography. The complexity and helpfulness of the course materials and videos vary immensely. Some translations and video subtitles in English are incomprehensible, intermediate Spanish skills helped me a lot. Generally, I recommend the course, but be prepared to struggle with languages.

By Robert C C

Apr 12, 2018

Good course, but hard to follow. The quizzes tend to focus on details not emphasized in the lectures, and I would have liked more in the way of geological features and processes of the ocean, though what content there was was good.

By Parvathy S

Aug 31, 2020

The course does say that you don't require prior knowledge about the field to learn about Oceanography but you need a strong understanding in physical and mathematic aspects of science in order to truly study the ocean.

By Nijhum P

Jun 20, 2018

IT IS A GREAT COURSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE STUDYING MARINE SCIENCES .I FOUND IT INTERESTING AND I HAVE LEARNT MANY IMPORTANT FEATURES OF OCEAN.