Back to Oceanography: a key to better understand our world

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Oceanography: a key to better understand our world by Universitat de Barcelona

The course for a round the world regatta leads the boats through the Mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic, Southern Indian and South Pacific Oceans. On their voyage, the skippers come across a large variety of oceanographic situations: strong currents, floating ice, wave formations of every kind and biological diversity. In this course the student will learn about the foundations of the science of oceanography. You'll learn about the classification and formation of the ocean floor, how current sea satellite analysis systems work, the chemistry of the oceans and the processes that led to its formation. To follow this course does not require previous knowledge of oceanography....

JS
Jun 6, 2020

The course is very informative , helps in attaining a pile of knowledge about the oceanic world and its reserves. Conveying my gratitude to University of Barcelona for conducting such a course.

FA
Aug 17, 2020

1 - 25 of 35 Reviews for Oceanography: a key to better understand our world

By Ashley

Jan 2, 2018

I enjoyed the learning process for this course. I definitely recommend it. This course is very interactive and quite interesting :)

By Frederik S

Oct 20, 2017

The course is given in Catalan and therefore incomprehensible for the wider community. The translation into English is very poor and makes it very hard to follow the accompanying slides and video explanation.

Given these restrictions no proper review as to the content and presentation can be given - I am very disappointed to have to give up following this course.

By Marco M

May 15, 2020

I found the content of this course extremely interesting.

Only some content, ultimately in Week 3, has been explained too fastly and definitely too hastly. The currents systems should have been teached more deeply. Additionally some metereology basics could have helped.

Conversely, the Paleoceanography and Remote sensing chapters were very well made.

By Erabaddagodage S D

Nov 10, 2020

This is a great course. I have learned more things about the ocean. I didn't understand some lectures because of the language. but I read the script in English and understand the lesson. and the quizzes are a little bit hard but It's good for a student. I didn't pass it the first time but I tried again and I got good marks. Thank you!

By BISWAJIT P

This course is absolutely valuable. It enhances your knowledge in all aspects of oceanography. The professors are very well in subjects and represents in beautiful manner. Thanks to coursera and University of Barcelona for designing this course.

By Michelle M

Aug 23, 2020

Informative and in-depth course. I think it would have been better for me if Spanish was a language I could understand. It felt more difficult reading while listening. Overall, an excellent introduction.

By Fazla Z A

Aug 17, 2020

By JISHNU S S

Jun 7, 2020

By Diana A R

Nov 6, 2020

I learned a lot in this course and I think that the topics were very unique and interesting in a deep understanding and key to the relationship between the ocean and the world.

By SIBEL O

Jul 27, 2020

VERY INTERESTING SUBJECTS... SOMETIMES SPANISH CAUSED SOME PROBLEM TO ME. BUT GENERALLY I'VE LEARNED THE NEW WORLD-OCEAN..

By Avani D

Jun 15, 2020

Best course ever though in Spanish but it was fun and lots of experience regarding this course

By JOHN Q

Aug 1, 2017

Fun and interesting. A wonderful review (I'm an ex pilot)

By PAULO O M

Jun 27, 2020

Curso bem elaborado, com professores muito competentes.

By Md. I M

Jun 11, 2020

Amazing course to explore the oceanography knowledge.

By Tòfol T C

Apr 18, 2020

Excelente. Felicidades por el contenido y material

By Kristina F

Sep 17, 2017

A lot of information and very well presented.

By Anuj S

Sep 9, 2020

It gives an overall knowledge of the ocean .

By FRANK A

Sep 11, 2020

A FASCINATING TOPIC TAUGHT INCREDIBLY WELL

By Poliane m a

Oct 1, 2020

Excelente informações thank you.

By Md. M I

That's an amazing course.

By Subhashini S

Nov 17, 2020

Awesome

By Andros D C S

Feb 10, 2020

The course is very rich in information, I have acquired broad elements to understand better the ocean dynamics, processes that are involved and the consequences caused by them. Sometimes I was a bit confused, I think the explanations were very good but sometimes not so clear.

As a Paleoceanography student definitely recommend this course to people who have already a bit background in the topic!