Back to Optimizing a Website for Search

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Optimizing a Website for Search by University of California, Davis

Learn the ins and outs of optimizing a website, from conducting an initial audit to presenting your findings and recommendations. Hands-on activities include learning how to select and apply appropriate keywords throughout a website, incorporating keyword research in a content marketing strategy, and optimizing a site for local search. You will also learn strategies for setting goals and client/stakeholder expectations, building effective analytics and reports, and communicating SEO improvements....

SH

Sep 03, 2019

This has to be the most informative and useful SEO course on the internet. The instructor has provided so much value. I highly recommend this course for anyone seeking in-depth value of SEO.

SR

Jan 17, 2017

This course provides the essential fundamentals for optimizing a website for search. The course was a refresher in certain areas as well as helped fill in the gaps on things I didnt know.

101 - 125 of 126 Reviews for Optimizing a Website for Search

By Nicholas W

Aug 18, 2017

The peer graded assignment for this course I think should be changed. I am an international marker (and as an expat I don't see that changing) so first it's not useful for a bunch of us. Second though the instructions on how to actually find a google business page are really bad (I noticed other students did exactly what I did) but one student still marked me as "not having a google page" which is crazy because I did exactly what was asked. I think other than the reviews (if that's all it is, it needs to be more clear) isn't useful. So again maybe having this as an optional task is ok, but a peer graded assignment is too confusing I think to most.

By Jann G

Oct 01, 2016

Once again a good course but the quizzes are improvable. I had 98%, I don't say it because I didn't know the answers. Many questions just don't make sense. Other than that the course was very interesting!

By Jodi T

Jun 14, 2016

I learned a lot from this course, but was disappointed that some of the information and downloads referenced were missing.

By Suchithra P

Apr 17, 2018

Really good and helpful

By Vincent N

Apr 17, 2017

This course contains lots of important information about how to optimise a website for SEO, especially Module 1, keyword research and competitive analysis. I've been rewatching Module 1 as I'm working on optimising two websites. Because there is so much information I felt sometime the logical order could have been reemphasised. Other than this, really great course.

By Jaume L

May 17, 2016

Great opportunity to discover how LOCAL SEO works

By Saqib W

Aug 10, 2017

This course introduced me to the art of Optimizing a Website for Search through the exploration and critical analysis of a wide variety of genres.

By wang t h

May 27, 2016

This course focuses a lot on local site optimization and how to proceed SEO projects.

By Chris R

Jun 09, 2016

Generally a good course. I was disappointed with the instructions in the Week 3 assignment. In past courses within the certification, the instructions have noted specifically what was required. Here, the instructions around the Google Business Page part of the assignment did not include some specific elements we were being evaluated one.

By Georgy S T

Oct 23, 2016

Excellent course. Learned a lot on the nuts and bolts of optimisation. Some of the promised downloads are missing, though, in the resources section. Same goes for a few links. But the links one can look up one ones own. Not so the downloads. And there have been no response despite repeated posts in the Help section. Hope this will be remedied.

By Ingrid N

Mar 31, 2017

Although the course was quite good, it wasn't really relevant to me as it was very focused on the USA (especially the local seo part)

By Rhys C

Nov 20, 2017

Quite a good course overall. However, the Google+ My Business pages section (which makes up a large amount of the assessment/project in week 3), is quite out of date.

By rohit b

Sep 27, 2017

Best Learning understood concept very well. How to think, How to analyze keywords. One important thing to mention that , you need to be have some patience. It requires time, dedication, and commitment.

By Jelena D

Feb 28, 2018

Quite useful, but again asks for using tools which are paid, which disables us from doing the tasks the best we can.

By Emmanuel A

Sep 28, 2019

So far so good.

By Jameisha M

Dec 06, 2018

I learned a bunch, but this course was slightly difficult and confusing since the grading rubric does not correspond well with the assignment instructions.

By Ian T

May 27, 2016

Assignments flawed and need reviewing.

By Merel V d B

May 22, 2016

Still a very interesting course, but a few technical problems with test and forums.

By Andrejs V

May 24, 2016

Course itself is excellent, cases are very good and practical, but the only thing is lots of technical issues with the assignments and quizzes. Therefore only 3 stars.

By Jessica O

Feb 06, 2017

The lectures and resources are good quality and offer a lot of information. However, the peer reviewed assignment needs revising.

I submitted all the assignments early for the course, making sure to get in my peer reviewed assignment a week early to ensure that if I needed to, I could resubmit and have time for grading. I did not receive a grade on my assignment until after the deadline was passed. My assignment was mis-reviewed by my peers, clearly they did not read my paper, they just clicked randomly at the grading options. This caused me to fail by a few percentage points. I resubmitted my assignment that day, highlighting the content the graders missed. I still do not have a grade on this assignment and fear I will fail the class.

The reason I bring this up in my review is that there is no contact information for the instructor. There is no process to dispute the grade. The assignment needs an overhaul if you expect people to take the assignment to pass the class.

By Samarth S

Aug 22, 2017

Practical Work should be more.

By Vivian Y Q

Sep 06, 2017

too simple

By Martina W

Sep 01, 2018

The last part dealing with clients was a little bit too early from my perspective since after these 3 courses I wouldn’t say that one is ready to do work as an SEO expert charging clients for the service of professional SEO.

The rest of the course was as usually very informative and interesting.

By Teresa F

Sep 11, 2019

The intention and overall instruction may be on course, but the visuals do not give a concrete idea of where data is being derived in the examples. This makes it very hard to replicate the process for assessments. More staff involvement would be helpful, and information about Google should be updated as often as the Google interface and structure does. Also, more resources and citations would be appreciated to supplement the lectures.

By Clair H

Jul 21, 2016

If this class is truly designed and welcomes beginners who have no knowledge in SEO as it is described in course introduction, assignment instructions should be provided with sample writings or rubrics. The writing assignment instruction reads,for example, "Identify headers, alt-text, and etc. and recommend how to improve them for optimization." Where does it say provide alt-text images for recommendation, make a tie to the recommendation, and list references for the images recommend, if not 3 points off? The lectures are short, doesn't show much details of what is expected for audit writing or analysis writing, but my 2 page analysis or audit is not enough because a thorough rubric expects to see this and that that is not even mentioned in instruction? It is a common sense that a writer has to be detail-oriented with recommendations? Then the course SHOULD not encourage SEO beginners who has never seen SEO audits or analysis paper. If not, assignment instruction should be listed thoroughly as rubric, so that a beginner SEO student can pass the writing and take it as a learning experiences. Endless flunking mal-grading system, is this Coursera's education method?