Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

BO
Apr 1, 2019

This is my most favorite module module, especially the Linux, which is my all time favorite OS ever enjoy learning, working Programing, and configuring, and will continue enjoying til the end of time.

MA
May 23, 2020

A wonderful course of prevention that I learned a lot from,\n\nUsing commands with Windows and Linux\n\nHow to deploy and install operating systems through the network and Alot\n\nThanks GOOOOOOOOOGLE

2401 - 2425 of 3,083 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By James E E

Jun 4, 2020

Some of the labs have rough documentation. The final assignments are a little into-the-deep-end. But that's ok. Lots of great info presented in an easily understandable way.

By Patrick S

Apr 8, 2018

I knew almost all of the Linux stuff already, and all the GUI stuff for Windows, but...the PowerShell introduction was great, I am really looking forward to using it more.

By Bárbara V C

Jan 17, 2019

Great course to troubleshoot OS related issues, but be careful when dealing with the Windows' Qwiklabs. Review each step and contact support if it's not giving you score.

By Rufus F R j

For all courses in the IT Support Professional Certificate, the Text accompanying the lecture videos need to be edited (cleaned up) to comport with the lecture videos.

By Briana C

Oct 11, 2018

This course is full of Labs. At the end they build on each other. The task are easy to complete but they do require you to have a basic understanding of systems first.

By IBRAHIM J B

Oct 29, 2020

This course is a door opener to the world of command line be it in Linux and/or Windows.

The course presenter is very good in passing the information and well explained.

By Alex L

Aug 7, 2020

On Week 4 and 5 some videos stopped short from the end and the descriptions were not great. It was very difficult to follow and understand. The labs made up for it tho.

By Stephanie

May 31, 2018

Although, I liked the class and they give a good deal of info the qwiklabs and the issues I had with them on pretty much every lesson lessened the experience for me.

By Justin M

Feb 13, 2018

I learned a lot in this course however the labs need some serious work as they are very buggy and have lots of issues with grading as well as syncing up to coursera.

By Maxwell H

Jul 30, 2020

I think that this is really great material to learn and practice. I am though a little insecure of how I am going to find a job with this little hands on training.

By Frank B

Apr 20, 2020

A broad view of process management. Also tons of research resources for further studies. Fast-paced.

Could use more real-life scenarios and hands-on lab experience.

By Kiera L C

Feb 20, 2018

Instructor was awesome, and the assignments were so fun that I often got side-tracked by playing in the terminal. Labs are very VERY buggy and particular, however.

By Babalola M

Feb 19, 2021

It was really Hectic!! But I learnt a lot across the modules and I acquired skills that have not only gave me confidence in the field but motivation to further on

By Keshav k

May 6, 2020

i learned many thing during this session. now i have idea that how to interact with windows operating system and linux operating system as a system adminitrator.

By Cesare V

Mar 2, 2019

A great course for non tech peoplo who don't have experience with OS. For me is it very interesting the CLI part , and I love again more Linux after this course.

By Kayden M

Dec 3, 2018

Pretty good class with a lot of powershell and linux command lines. Comes in handy to know all of this. It's hard to remember all of the command lines though!

By silvestre t

Feb 11, 2018

some labs were a hassle but if you screen shot your progress the Coursera team will credit you.

Overall, I've learned a lot more than I knew before I started.

By Darren N

Mar 26, 2021

Learned a lot, some graded assignments needs to be reworked though. A lot of other people having same issues with me about updating VLC through Microsoft VM.

By Svetoslav B

Feb 17, 2020

It was a good one, learned a lot about Linux and commands in the Shell and the Bash. They had problems with the Windows Labs, but hopefully they will fix it.

By Aaron M H

Oct 9, 2019

This course has you becoming more familiarized with command line. Deep dives into imaging machines, formatting drives, and navigating event logs like a pro

By Valenzuela B

Oct 9, 2019

Learned a great deal from the course and have been using many of the skills that I have learned. Thank Google for such an insightful and great experience.

By Mohamed A

May 6, 2019

Thank you very much and for this very informative session I have made good use of it especially in Linux thanks again for doing this course from Google

By Sachin J

Mar 4, 2020

Material taught is not detailed enough. Too much is left for supplementary reading. In comparison, Networks course was far more detailed and thorough.

By Mukesh J

Aug 17, 2020

It was good to learn. Though I knew the basics as I had experience in Site Reliability Engineering. but it was still a brush up to the past concepts.