Back to The Manager's Toolkit: A Practical Guide to Managing People at Work

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Manager's Toolkit: A Practical Guide to Managing People at Work by University of London

The aim of this course is to give you a practical guide to managing people at work. It does not matter whether you are a first time manager in a shop or a middle manager in an office environment; the same skills apply to every work place. In the course you will engage with some HR theories and then see how they translate into every day working life. At the end of the course we hope you will be better equipped to choose a suitable employee, to motivate and appraise your team, to manage conflict in the work place and to lead and make decision on a day to day basis....

PP
Aug 15, 2020

Excellent! The contents are great for any manager that want to make a significant job within any organization. Clear and key concepts for everyday activities. I enjoyed every single lesson. Thank you!

OA
Jul 23, 2020

If you want to understand how to mange people at your work place, understand conflict management, and conflict resolution, my dear this is the best practical oriented and explicit course to take.

626 - 637 of 637 Reviews for The Manager's Toolkit: A Practical Guide to Managing People at Work

By Daniele D P

Jun 3, 2020

This course was my first in Coursera. I have to say that the format is really good, with a mixture of videos, papers to read and quiz. But in this case, not all was good, and I think there is a huge lack of organization. In particular, there were a lot of paper so long and complicated. Probably it would be better to integrate/divide with some videos. Also I found some parts very academic: why we should remember all the pubblication so detailed? In the end I found less praticatal then expected. I will not buy the certificate, I am sorry.

By Michael S

Sep 13, 2020

Can't recommend this course.

It rarely manages to fill concepts with practical or real life implementations and examples.

Reading material is sometimes laughably bad, always provided with no clear objective as to what the aim is (one chapter links to an almost 200 page document). Videos contain outtakes and leave the impression that the first take that wasn't completely jinxed was used. Material contains many typos and generally leaves the impression of being quickly thrown together.

By Katharina B

Feb 9, 2020

There was some very interesting content in this course, however: I strongly feel that the reading should be updated. Also, a very annoying thing: the many spelling and grammar errors in the quizzes at the end of each week that sometimes make it difficult to understand the intention of the question.

By Shelli A

Jul 6, 2020

I learned very little from what i knew before. it's definitely a beginner course, and a lot of it is common sense. learned some new theories and ideas behind managing.

By Lana G

Mar 12, 2020

It’s called a practical guide, yet there’s a lot of theory and reading involved. I’m disappointed, I was expecting more examples

By Rosa R

Mar 13, 2021

Dated course and lecturers. all theory not case studies at all. Not a Silicon Valley style of course

By Warren M H

Mar 22, 2020

Quite a dry and boring course. A lot of obvious content delivered in flowery language.

By Alessandro A

Aug 6, 2020

Course was very academic and not as practical as the title suggested.

By Alba V

Aug 21, 2016

I don't mean to be harsh, but this course is increibly boring and sluggish. The reading material is heavy, the lecturers speak so slowly and dispassionately that it's impossible to engage with the subject.

I'm sure that there is really good content here, but I couldn't find it.

By Jiazhi G

Aug 27, 2017

This course is lack of content. What's worse? The teachers just say all the sentences on their slides. A terrible teaching style with poor content. Please don't take this course. It's a waste of time.

By Inna L

Apr 23, 2020

Not a practical and very boring course.

By Rajan A