Back to The Manager's Toolkit: A Practical Guide to Managing People at Work

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Manager's Toolkit: A Practical Guide to Managing People at Work by University of London

The aim of this course is to give you a practical guide to managing people at work. It does not matter whether you are a first time manager in a shop or a middle manager in an office environment; the same skills apply to every work place. In the course you will engage with some HR theories and then see how they translate into every day working life. At the end of the course we hope you will be better equipped to choose a suitable employee, to motivate and appraise your team, to manage conflict in the work place and to lead and make decision on a day to day basis....

PP
Aug 15, 2020

Excellent! The contents are great for any manager that want to make a significant job within any organization. Clear and key concepts for everyday activities. I enjoyed every single lesson. Thank you!

OA
Jul 23, 2020

If you want to understand how to mange people at your work place, understand conflict management, and conflict resolution, my dear this is the best practical oriented and explicit course to take.

26 - 50 of 690 Reviews for The Manager's Toolkit: A Practical Guide to Managing People at Work

By Najib H

Jan 4, 2017

I was very enthusiastic to follow this inspiring course delivered by the prestigious University of London (Birkbeck) about “How to Manage People at work”.

Dr. Chris Dewberry, Lecturer and Course Director did an absolute and fantastic job by presenting this course and sharing recommendable & actionable strategies.

This course isn’t solitary for ongoing learners seeking to add or master their managerial position, but its also advocated for employee(s) searching better work environment and performance by understanding the HR theories, policies and procedures.

By understanding their views and Performance Management strategies, any employee(s) will positively benefits the outcome of this outstanding course.

I really loved the different video’s involving actors, showcasing different scenario’s/situations of well-known work cases.

The video recording and HD production, is very well prepared!

I was highly impressed by the excellent teaching sessions from Katerina Penna (Teaching numbers of HR related modules for the University of London's Human Resource Management Program provided by Birkbeck).

Last but not least, I was wonderfully impressed by the charismatic Dr. Juliet Hassard advices and strategies. (lecturer in Occupational Health Psychology and Deputy Director of the Center for Sustainable Working Life at Birkbeck College, University of London).

This is an unconditional stellar course and; unquestionably deserve a flawless 5 star rating!!!!!

By ABEJOYE A O

Aug 11, 2020

I want to really say a big thanks to the management of the institution for the knowledge the team impacted in me through the online course. The course excellent and also it is an eye opener to me in particular how to manage the people at work not at work only it will also help me how to manage the people am directing in the society and including how to manage my family.

The material to study was reach and the video was excellent and clear and the instructors language audio was clear and also the assessment question was very good. I really enjoy the course. Finally I will say keep the flag flying Thanks.

By Al A

Dec 23, 2017

Great course, excellent content, and excellent instructors. The only negative feedback I would have is on week 6 where the production value of the videos plummeted dramatically. There were also more grammatical errors in the assessments in week 6 specifically.

Role-play videos were quite entertaining.

Additional reading was suggested in each unit which was great - however there were no links for where to access the additional reading online so I was not able to take advantage of it.

By Dr. A M

Aug 30, 2019

It was indeed a stupendous learning experience in pursuing this course.The course contents and lectures are really exhaustive and provides a wonderful hands on experience on to professional managing affairs of the globally competitive corporations.

Prof. Dewberry needs a special appluad for creating n deliberating such a wonderful enrichening course..

Really enjoyed the course to the fullest..

Regards

Dr. Anurag Mittal

Associate Professor in Management,

INDIA

By Katarzyna L

Aug 15, 2020

A really well-structured and organized course about key points of being a good manager. Describes managing styles, dealing with conflicts at the workplace, etc. Many resources are provided in the form of book chapters, articles and PP slides. The only thing I think of now to improve would be to add some key points during the video to help with better understanding and making it a little easier to note or remember something.

By Eddie

May 22, 2018

Love the course, I've learnt a lot from it. Like the way that it has consisted of videos, reading of articles, and the quiz. So I would be forced to think about the concepts learnt several times during the course, which would help me in understanding fully and remembering the concepts learnt. Thank you very much for setting up the course, it is very useful for me, as being a manager of a team of 10 in the financial sector.

By Rozina N

Nov 5, 2019

I enjoyed the course. It allowed me to learn at my own pace, I also enjoyed the fact that I could download the videos and the reading material for future reference. The list of recommended reading material was very helpful and definitely welcomed. The different theories took me back to my years back in varsity...grateful to have go touched on them again. Looking forward to applying what i learnt in my workplace.

By Kim S J

Mar 29, 2020

Excellent introduction of the key concepts for managing people at work. Presenters did a great job of explaining the lessons in an easy to understand way and used appropriate role pay scenarios to demonstrate points. The readings and lecture slides were really useful too. I sure I will be referring back to these notes again in the future when the need arises. Thank you to the university staff for this course.

By Watanabe, Y

Jul 28, 2019

It is difficult to understand English lecturer at first time, however, thank you for recent technology I could manage to have scripts which can help me to understand what they were talking about. I really enjoy the course. I decide I would like to have Organizational Psychology which is really linking my job and I would like to extend my group company HR. Of course I am getting older, this must me my life work.

By Kristine O

Jan 23, 2020

As a beginner when it comes to studying organizational management, I learned a lot in this course. Specific examples of events and situations helped me to easily understand the different concepts related to management. It also helped me to assess the weaknesses and strengths of management system n our company. I'm looking forward and excited to take more lessons about management.

By nathaniel n

Aug 27, 2020

I have learnt a that some conflicts are healthy in a work place to foster team work and also achieve organisational goals. I also learnt that pay raise is not an ultimate form of motivation as perceived and can even demotivate employees in certain circumstances and a whole lot of other things. The whole course in its entirety was great. Am so glad i did not miss it.

By Aden A

Oct 2, 2019

Most helpful and most refreshing practical guidance to the best practices in managing people at work. Very helpful and I strongly recommend for all managers and at all levels to take this course. In today's fast changing work place environment, it is most appropriate to refresh and discuss perspectives and practices and maximize organizational performance.

By Vincent G

Jul 8, 2020

The name says it all, this course works as a pragmatic approach on basic manager problems. It provides you with Evidence Based and widely used tools. Many sources are provided for you to deepen the aspect you specifically need. As an healthcare professional without any theorical background on management, I found it straightforward and useful. Thanks a lot,

By Patrick R

Apr 15, 2020

Being a leader , Building a Team, Making decisions, rewarding and managing conflicts. Everything is here. I like how the first part of each week is about how things used to be and then the rest of the week is about better ways. I have worked for people that seriously needed this course. I feel I will be a good manager from now on. Thank you!

By Arturo M

Jun 5, 2020

The manager's toolkit:

A practical guide to managing people at work was an enriching experience, in concepts and clear definitions for the development of my leadership functions, reinforcing the commitment to be a better person, a better partner, a better collaborator and to contribute to the organization my best performance.

Thank you.

Arthur.

By Abel B

Mar 31, 2019

It is a practical and interesting course, which challenges the previous held thinking that management and leadership cannot be taught. It helps also to grow one's analytical thinking with evidence based management and leadership theories. The educators are very good and the quizzes keep underscoring the most important points.

By Tom B

Aug 18, 2019

The Coursera supported online course constructed and delivered by London University, Birkbeck greatly met my current requirements within a new role and also provided more information than expected which will immediately assist me. The presentations, readings and assessment was presented on any easy to use online platform.

By Mriganka B

Feb 9, 2020

I could relate to all the issues that were mentioned here in this managerial training programme. I had worked on the issues at a subconscious level based on experience and application of mind. From now onwards I will be more conscious after going through all the course material here. This has been very useful for me.

By Michael I

Jun 5, 2021

The course was easy very insightful and straight forward, as the name aptly implies it was a condensation of knowledge gained from different sources. The lectures were fantastically stright to the heart of practical managing. I would recommend the course to experienced as well as entry level managers

By Kevin A P

Sep 11, 2020

I took this course to get a head start on what it means to become a manager and I've learned so much! Just from the very first week, I was well equipped with the necessary knowledge to tackle feedback I've received from interviews. I would highly recommend it if you are or want to go into Management.

By Pedro P

May 13, 2020

Course well structured, understandable, with interesting content. I was very satisfied and with the feeling of having learned more and having more skills to understand people management at work and ways of dealing with the most diverse situations within organizations. I recommend it to everyone.

By varadaraj

Apr 19, 2020

it's great opportunity to me for learning on people management and very help full to me for taken candidate hiring ,sellecting, appraisals,management,process and policy and keep holding candidates ,and motivating skills,and extra,,,

thanks to all professors for given great learning skills to me.

By Md. A J

Jun 1, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. The good thing about this course was thorough discussion with practical visualization alongside with supplemented study materials which broaden my knowledge on variety of aspects. And this is an absolutely gain for my further career and personal development.

By Naveen K N C

Feb 7, 2021

Excellent course which i have attended in the recent past, and the way it has been designed and developed with each element is extremely useful for all the managers and many things, could able to learn from this course. I strongly recommend to all the managers to gothrough the same.

By Azeez A A

Apr 6, 2020

This course is a full package on management filled with lessons that can easily be put to practice by practice. I have no doubt, that any manager who's opportune to take the course and follow its teachings to the latter won't regret taking it, instead, be a better manager/leader.