Back to Introductory Human Physiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introductory Human Physiology by Duke University

LL

Jun 02, 2016

I'm a high school student interested in human physiology.\n\nThis course is AMAZING! Though sometimes I felt overwhelmed and couldn't remember everything, I think it was worth every effort and energy.

CK

Mar 05, 2020

this course is so reasonable in price and with good assignments! At first, im annoyed if i got only 70 or below, ii will need to redo. but it does help me to consolidate my knowledge. so thank you!!

501 - 525 of 595 Reviews for Introductory Human Physiology

Jul 07, 2020

great

By Rahul p

Jul 11, 2020

Good

By AASHISH K

Jul 03, 2020

good

By Vajinepalli s s

Jun 12, 2020

nice

By Venkatesh R

Jun 11, 2020

Good

By Sriskantharajah V

Jun 06, 2020

good

By CLEMENT R

Jun 02, 2020

good

By JITHENDRA C

May 15, 2020

GOOD

By RANAKISHOR P

May 13, 2020

good

By JAMNESH P

Apr 18, 2020

Good

By Patsarachaya C

May 14, 2018

Good

By Matías C

Mar 16, 2018

Epic

By Jorge A Z L

Nov 05, 2015

good

By Anna Y

Feb 14, 2017

Sep 04, 2015

I

By RegulusCentauri

Nov 27, 2016

Overall the course was very helpful and I was able to understand it without prior knowledge (except for my high school biology class). All the case studies examples often helped to understand the problem further and I appreciated all of the graphic content that was crucial for imagining the ways the systems work. I finally understood some of those things, that are just sort of "known" as for example why contraceptives might be bad for women, or how could drinking too much water actually kill someone.

I was a little bit disappointed with all the gramatical mistakes in presentations and many mistakes in english subtitles that were provided (in names of organ parts/hormones etc.) ow switching the names of certain hormones/parts in spoken language, which often made it harder to understand or connect something. Furthermore some of the quiz/test questions were more like "just guess it" or up to the student to research the problem further, which is fine but it kinda disrupts the quizzing process.

Many thanks to both great teachers that have put this course together, it's definitely worth enrolling in!

By Tan J X

Jun 28, 2020

Some lessons might be a bit confusing sometimes. I feel that some parts may not be very well-organised, especially the expression can be a little convoluted/wordy so I find it hard to grasp the crux of the sentences or what the lecturers were trying to explain sometimes. If possible, it would be even better for some parts of the lessons to be more succinct. Anyhow, I think the lecturers have done a good enough job which I truly appreciate.

However, I gained a lot of knowledge from the lecturers most of the time. As compared to learning alone from the textbook, it makes the chapters more interesting when learning from someone. Also, it is very helpful to be able to refer to the questions that other students have asked in the discussion forum, both the lecturers are vey responsive and helpful in clarifying the doubts.

By PROF D P K R

Jun 01, 2020

Video sessions could be truncated a little. Respiratory system would be an ideal example in this regard. Use of models and charts to reduce theory material on slide and could convey ideas much faster. Attempt to include latest updated knowledge comes with the slight disadvantage of extra long video sessions, moderate to difficult question sets, which I feel should be simplified a little for non medical students to attempt the same. Organs functions could include virtual reality videos for clarity and future technological advances in this field

By Pat K

Mar 18, 2016

Very comprehensive course. However, I found one professor to teach above the level of an introductory course. This is kind of a misnomer. To me, this course was not introductory. It was very difficult. Although, it would be good for someone that is taking the MCAT's. My points are: Very comprehensive, quite a lot of information (if you don't have chemistry and microbiology backgrounds it is easy to get lost), quite difficult tests and quizzes, rewarding if you can finish it.