Back to Introductory Human Physiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introductory Human Physiology by Duke University

LL
Jun 1, 2016

I'm a high school student interested in human physiology.\n\nThis course is AMAZING! Though sometimes I felt overwhelmed and couldn't remember everything, I think it was worth every effort and energy.

VB
Sep 11, 2020

Very informative, straight forward, and was practically free too! The teachers were very easy to understand, had a real passion for their subject, and I really learned a lot. Would totally recommend!

76 - 100 of 910 Reviews for Introductory Human Physiology

By Rachel H

Mar 13, 2021

Excellent course with clear presentation of the material with informative slides and images presented by very knowledgeable teachers. Course is taught in a way that is easy to understand, especially if you already have basic understanding of chemistry and the human body systems. I learned so much in this comprehensive course.

By Sophia E

May 23, 2020

I throughly enjoyed this course. The videos and professors were so informative and easy to follow. The practice problem sets and mini quizzes at the end of the videos helped to test my knowledge on the subject and prepare myself for the exams. I put a lot of time and energy into this course and got a lot out of it. Thank you.

By Charlene W K

Dec 27, 2020

This course was an exceptional experience! I was in the course of studying Human Physiology in the first semester of my final year in High School, and this course provided me with extra materials to supplement my knowledge in the classroom. I am truly grateful for the resources and learning I have attained from this course

By Clarice

Dec 15, 2015

Professoras explicam muito bem, sempre estão retomando os tópicos mais importantes, em todos os vídeos quase tem uns minutinhos para relembrar o que foi visto na aula anterior. As legendas funcionam certinho, só alguns vídeos que ela é atrasada, mas no geral todas funcionam.

Curso muito bom, ajuda muito na vida acadêmica.

By Chunda K

Dec 19, 2019

The syllabus and content are so applicable to real life situations just the way science is supposed to be. I have done human physiology course at one point in my second and third year of study in a school of medicine, and this has really helped me understand and grasp the concepts at this later stage. Thank you.

By Indira R

Aug 18, 2015

I would like to rate this fabulous course as excellent under Dr. Emma Jakoi and Dr. Jennifer Carbrey, brilliant instructersThank you very much for all the kind explanation given for my questions, and good video quizzes, enjoyable problem sets and mind provoking exams.

Regards and lots of thanks.

Indira Raghunathan

By Marc U

Jun 6, 2020

Very interesting course that helps you understand the basic principles and mechanisms of the body. I was very new to this topic, but even I managed to understand it. The instructors explain things very clearly and the reading material helps you in the areas that are more difficult. I can really recommend it.

By Susan G

Jan 30, 2021

This course is very good. Both instructors are great. A lot of information is given. About week 4 I discovered that I could print out the overheads and take notes from there. This really helped my learning and test taking. After each section I read the text to clarify/solidify my learning. This also helped.

By Rae K

Feb 4, 2021

This course help me tremendously to understand the basics of physiology despite the fact that I didn't have any prior knowledge of the subject. I do recommend it to anyone who wants to understand the mechanism of our body better! (Now I'm finally understanding why I shouldn't eat too many potato chips XD)

By Bhanu B

Very beautifully created course. The structure of this course made it easy to learn being efficient at the same time. Loved the way, how the mentors connect every situation practically to daily life situations.A very helpful course for those as well who wants to study exercise physiology in near future.

By Jen M

Aug 19, 2020

I was looking for a comprehensive physiology to hone my skills as a doctor and this course definitely challenged me. It was nice to be reminded of the details of physiology that I had forgotten over the years. Thank you and I highly recommend this class to anyone looking to gain knowledge in physiology.

By 任熙达/XiDa R

Aug 18, 2015

The structure is a bit confusing, and the review is not quite as intensive as I would like.

Otherwise, it's awesome. The videos are good, the instructors speak at speeds just right, most of the slides are sparsely worded and well illustrated, the concepts are explained in depth... Awesome is the word.

By Anastasia D

Jan 29, 2016

Nice videos, well explained. The powerpoints are extremely useful and clear. However sometimes there is a confusion between what is said in the videos and in the lecture notes and the quiz questions. It may just be me however. Apart from that last thing, the rest is all good!

By Sandra T

May 26, 2021

Need to be updated but other then that it was good.

By Denis Y

Mar 27, 2018

I took the course just out of curiosity, my field is software development. For me it was a very interesting course from system design point of view. It gives a lot of food to the brain and a wide range of analogies and patterns. Also I find it useful to know in more details how my body works, it raises awareness and makes me think that I need to care about my body more. It was also quite surprising for me that every new system was described with its own graphical notation, I find it difficult to adjust every time. Some moments were not clear, so I used google quite a lot. Some part remained unclear. E.g. when we look at cellular chemical exchange sometime it looks like that certain molecules are being accumulated by the cell, but there is no output shown for it. Overall I enjoyed the course and happy that I managed to finish it (it was the longest one for me on coursera). Thank you!

By Sarah A K

Jun 16, 2017

This is good course. It might say "Introductory" in the title, but don't be fooled, this is a thorough and pretty tough course !

By Yigal D

Jan 17, 2017

Quizzes do not always function correctly, but the content is great.

By Cia v W

May 13, 2020

Good content, interesting course.

Knowledgeable teachers, but the presentation was average. Mimi in particular speaks and writes to0 fast. This results in lots of tongue tripping and writing that does not correspond with what is said (thyronine vs thryonine; tropic vs trophic; etc) It is confusing and distracting. Nonetheless, I learned a lot. Thanks

By Hrishikesh G

Sep 4, 2015

I watch the videos after work when I get home and Jennifer Carbrey puts me to sleep. The presentation is such that it is very difficult to stay focused.

By Sara M G

May 18, 2021

Should be rated advanced as it requires a lot of previous knowledge

By Susan H

Jan 18, 2017

Very much a straight lecture course of rather difficult material.

By Rafael M d S

Feb 21, 2016

The course should give more details.

By j

Aug 12, 2017

A lot of WHAT, but very little WHY. Instead of going from the whole to the detail, the minutia of selective parts are laid out. Old-school schooling, not conducive for understanding principles. Not recommended.

By Andrew

Jan 17, 2021

I’m pretty new to Coursera. Little confused though. I started the mind shift course and finished it in a few days, remember taking quizzes and stuff, but I signed in today to coursera and it says I never completed the course and I missed deadlines. Very strange .

That brings us to this course. A review by Joshua s. Stated - “It is so hard to learn from a professor who can't get through 2 sentences without stumbling over her thoughts, mumbling, trailing off and not finishing her sentence, etc.” I have to agree this course needs structure, style, and a textbook. I listened to both presenters and have to agree that they both need to practice and perfect the presentation of the material. I decided that this course would not give me what I was looking for- which was not so defined, but maybe just a look at the subject. I’ve taken college human anatomy and physiology, but again it cut corners, and was not entirely what I was looking for.

I see all the good reviews and am tempted, but can’t take the presentation at all it was very frustrating. I wish that when I hit the unenroll button something would happen- like unenrollment.

By Suzanne M

Oct 6, 2020

I was told to come to this site to cancel my enrollment in the coursera course "Introductory Human Physiology". As usual, the directions I received were inaccurate. I must cancel because the course as presented is too far above my academic preparation in math and chemistry. This is NOT an introductory course. It is as challenging as the Vander text which I purchased to assist me. I also purchased the supposed $5 notes for the course and printed them out. Fooled again. They bear no resemblance to the course materials. By the way, I received a scholarship for the Certificate in this course based upon my performance in my two previous courses at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and the University of Michigan. I appreciate your consideration but the course advertising does not fit its content. Suzanne Masson