Back to Understanding Plants - Part II: Fundamentals of Plant Biology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Plants - Part II: Fundamentals of Plant Biology by Tel Aviv University

This class is aimed at people interested in understanding the basic science of plant biology. In this four lecture series, we'll first learn about the structure-function of plants and of plant cells. Then we'll try to understand how plants grow and develop, making such complex structures as flowers. Once we know how plants grow and develop, we'll then delve into understanding photosynthesis - how plants take carbon dioxide from the air and water from soil, and turn this into oxygen for us to breathe and sugars for us to eat. In the last lecture we'll learn about the fascinating, important and controversial science behind genetic engineering in agriculture. If you haven't taken it already, you may also be interested in my other course - What A Plant Knows, which examines how plants see, smell, hear and feel their environment: https://www.coursera.org/learn/plantknows. In order to receive academic credit for this course you must successfully pass the academic exam on campus. For information on how to register for the academic exam – https://tauonline.tau.ac.il/registration Additionally, you can apply to certain degrees using the grades you received on the courses. Read more on this here – https://go.tau.ac.il/b.a/mooc-acceptance Teachers interested in teaching this course in their class rooms are invited to explore our Academic High school program here – https://tauonline.tau.ac.il/online-highschool...

AP

Nov 05, 2017

That was a pleasure to have such a passionate and interested in biology lecturer. I found course useful and interesting. Thank you dr. Chamovitz for let me being your student for last several weeks.

JL

Aug 28, 2017

The course does very good job for providing the planned content. However if you have already studied the field and want to have more deep understanding like I do, you need to look for other courses.

26 - 50 of 109 Reviews for Understanding Plants - Part II: Fundamentals of Plant Biology

By Priscila F d S

Aug 20, 2017

Fantastic!

By luis r o c

Feb 21, 2018

For all that are found of plants biology

By José A P

Feb 25, 2018

SUPER FUN!!

By Ruth V

Dec 13, 2016

Love the clarity of the instructors deliver which is supported by great explanations and most importantly visual aids & demonstrations.

By Pragyaa

May 16, 2017

Very Happy with the presentations they put in the lectures. Very comprehensibly put. This course says "Fundamentals of Plant Biology" and serves the same way. Not very advanced things but the ones that are put are worth going through to know/study. Thanks.

By José R R L

Mar 27, 2017

Ótimo curso amei, explica de maneira fácil e objetiva

By Brando M C G

May 20, 2017

excellent

By Brice B

Oct 19, 2017

Great class. Professor Chamovitz is a very gifted teacher. He uses the media very well. The content is very well organized, the explanations very progressive and given at the right level of detail for an introduction. The part on bio-engineering is definitely food for thought. I am not sure I agree with the conclusion but his discussion of the issues is very honnest. I have already started watching his other course on Coursera!

By Lina M A B

Apr 10, 2017

Understanding Plants - Part II is an amazing course in which people with differente level of knowledge can learn more and new things about the most incredible organisms around the world, plants. Also, Daniel Chamovitz, Ph.D. is an excellent professor and the way he teach the lessons allow us to undertand everything in a clearly and easy way.

By בר א

Aug 15, 2017

exellent and focused course providign an in-depth look into the essential points of the molecular biology of plants as well as exploring and educating us about important issues of agriculture genetic engineering and our ever changing relationship with planets and the world we live in in general

By Mohamed E A M

Feb 14, 2018

Excellent course

By maxima g

Jul 03, 2017

Thank you for the opportunity to learn such an interesting course while staying at home. As a teacher I must admit that prof. Chamovitz is a wonderful and understandable lecturer. It was a pleasure to be his student.

By jeffrey h

Nov 22, 2017

Clear. Sincere.

Would like to learn more about plant hormones etc

Transmits enthusiasm

By Marium G

Jul 12, 2017

An exellent review of what I studied in 9th grade botany with latest updates on latest genetic engineering methods being used in agriculture.

By Matthias W

Jan 04, 2017

Interesting & very good build-up of information.

By Ghaxala A

Jun 30, 2017

Excellent teacher

By Monica B M

Oct 30, 2016

Always a pleasure to take courses with Professor Chamovitz. A passionate professor with a real talent for teaching . I highly recommend his courses.

By Patrick D

Nov 09, 2016

Much was learned and I had a blast! As in part I, prof. Chamovitz is informative, enthusiastic and entertaining... these classes have made me want to get my hands dirty doing some real biology. Thanks (and please make a no-holds-barred part III that would go deep into the chemistry/genetics/techniques)!

By Karen H

Jun 03, 2017

As well presented and informative as Part I. Thoroughly enjoyed the course and improved my understanding of plant biology

By Isqim O

Jan 07, 2017

so helpful for prepare my final research project, many thanks! :)