Back to Positive Psychology: Character, Grit and Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Character, Grit and Research Methods by University of Pennsylvania

4.3

Learners discover how apply to research methods to their study of Positive Psychology. In this course, we study with Dr. Angela Duckworth and Dr. Claire Robertson-Kraft. Through an exploration their work "True Grit" and interviews with researchers and practitioners, you develop a research hypothesis and learn how to understand the difference between internal and external validity. You also begin to understand and apply the strengths and weaknesses associated with different types of measurements and evaluation designs. You then interpret the results in an empirical study. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science and Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions....

RW
Dec 27, 2019

Though i have nightmares of research design from my undergraduate career, this puts a neat spin on it and reminds the sheer importance of it. Thanks for the reminder of what is important UPENN!

MW
Oct 23, 2020

It was a wonderful class! While I was expecting something different than learning about research and how to read research papers, that is my fault for putting my expectations on the class.

76 - 100 of 293 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Character, Grit and Research Methods

By Abhishek N

This course is very well designed. It has been informative and is a valuable and essential component of the Foundations in Positive Psychology Specialisation.

By Derrik G

Sep 27, 2019

love the class. read Angela's book several times as I used resilience in my dissertation years ago and was familiar with the foundational studies. Thank you!

By Mary M

Jun 19, 2018

I thought one of the ideas behind this course in helping people find an easy way to read research articles and not be intimidated by the process was great!

By Annika W

Apr 28, 2018

Such a great course! I really like how you combined research methods and design with the theory of grit. It gave me a lot of ideas for my own research.

By Marlenne J G M

Mar 17, 2021

It was a great experience on this module, I learned about how to start the research and very important how to start reading the articles.

Thank you!

By Francisco O T

Nov 24, 2018

Angela Duckworth is amazing, she is an expert and example of Grit, thank you so much for your honesty and authentic search of meaning and purpose.

By Kalina N

Dec 29, 2020

Not a fan of research and stats etc but this course was brilliant because the content and examples used as well at the lecturers were phenomenal.

By Ruben D C

Sep 21, 2020

Excellent!!! I congratulate each of the people who gave their knowledge and experience in this course, they are people who have a lot of Grit !!

By Leonor C A C

Nov 18, 2019

Excelente curso. La forma en la que está organizado facilita el aprendizaje de un tema complejo como la Investigación en Psicología Positiva

By Hugo A J C

Aug 14, 2019

excelente grandes herramientas que nos ayudan a comprender mejor la manera de hacer una buena metodologia de hacer hipotesis y verificarlas

By Gregorius W

Jun 1, 2018

I think this course is very creative, not only it talk about grit but also to educate people on knowledge about proper scientific research.

By Dana Z

Oct 26, 2020

Excellent! Really enjoyed the planning and intent with which the professors taught and incorporated "guest speakers" along with lectures.

By Louis P

Dec 22, 2017

Not a stats person, but they made this part of the course easier to follow than I anticipated. Looking for more on line stats courses.

By Karen P S

Oct 15, 2017

Outstanding course lectures/videos, supporting literature and content. I learned a tremendous amount of new material! Thank you!

By Janka J

Aug 7, 2017

I studied statistics at achelor and MBA level. I am sure finally I understood the essence, the meaning of it :-) Thank you!

By Wenling W

Jun 18, 2018

very good course which could help you know how to design your research and basic knowledge about reattach, worth to learn.

By Ka L L

Apr 8, 2020

Thanks for teaching about research methods in such a fun way that helped me in navigating in more research-based courses.

By Mihály K

Jul 7, 2020

I used to think I'm not interested in research methods, but this course opened my eyes and showed me the beauties of it.

By Robin L J

Dec 31, 2017

This course is great for learning about how to discern statistics. Of course, it also includes the research on grit....

By Ma l C C

Jul 7, 2018

I learned a lot from this course. It inspired me to conduct a research on well being parents and their parenting style

By Yasmin A

Mar 11, 2018

Enjoyed Angela Duckworth's lectures and I learned a lot about research methods. I'm fascinated with the study of grit.

By Rodrigo F

Jul 3, 2017

Awesome mix of instructors. Made me understand how research is done. One more step on the positive psychology ladder.

By Jens H

Jul 21, 2017

Perhaps a tad too many videos and peer-graded assignments but overall highly informative. Thank you for this course!

By Elaine T

Sep 1, 2017

I really learned a lot in the class, more detailed than I imagined. Thank you both for the invaluable instruction!

By Zanora L B E

Aug 5, 2021

Enjoyed this class and getting a better understanding of research methods, research analysis and application!