Back to Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to manage anxiety and increase positive emotions such as gratitude; and a critical relationship enhancement skill. Throughout the course, you will hear examples of individuals using resilience skills in their personal and professional lives. Suggested prerequisites: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science, Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions and Positive Psychology: Character, Grit & Research Methods....

NE
Apr 18, 2020

I truly felt like I was in a classroom learning all the material! I greatly appreciated all of the real-world applications and hearing all of the different perspectives throughout each week and topic!

ZM
Sep 23, 2018

Excellent! There was some common sense here, but plenty of new data and tools anyone can use in both their personal and professional life. A must for every human who wants to get the most out of life.

226 - 250 of 564 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills

By Laura D C

Aug 4, 2019

Fnatastic course, really easy to follow the instructor. Clear and to the point examples of every topic that is described. Highly recommend it.

Thank you!

By Maria A

May 4, 2020

Thank you very much for the course! It is done very professional, very clear and gives motivation for further development of personal resilience skills!

By Lien C

Jul 12, 2018

Loved this course. Completely relevant and applicable to both personal and professional world. I can't wait to share and practice this on a daily basis.

By Abena B

Jun 11, 2018

A good course for anyone wishing to work on their resilience skills, or coach others. The best part was the sharing of gratitude practices - inspiring.

By Mateja V B

Apr 19, 2018

Amazing MOOC, I enjoyed every minute of the lectures and I find everyhing I've learned absolutely useful in my everyday personal and professional life.

By Lisa B

Jun 27, 2017

Excellent course for anyone and everyone to take! Applicable to every area of life! Thank you sincerely to all of those who made this course available.

By Terry C

Aug 23, 2017

Karen is a great teacher - not only presenting her own material, but also clarifying and deepening insights about material in the first three courses.

By Megan K G

May 22, 2020

As an HR Professional I think it's important to understand the important factors of engagement and how people think is a huge contributor to this el

By Melody O

May 9, 2020

Practical, timely life skills for surviving and thriving during Quarantine 2020. One of best investments of time I’ve encountered. Highly recommend.

By Gerardo L

Jul 3, 2017

I loved the simulations and the summaries. The best out of the 3 courses of this positive psych I have completed thus far. Thank you Dr. Reivich.

By Napas S

Apr 5, 2020

This course really helps me with my problem. I have learned many skills that can help me to build a better relationship with the people around me.

By Leonor C A C

Dec 30, 2019

I liked it very much. I enjoyed the way practice and theory were combined. I would have liked it more if it was more deep content and practices.

By Meghana D

Jul 2, 2019

I audited this course and added valuable soft skills to my arsenal. It is more than theory and has helped me formulate action items to get better.

By Janette F

Sep 26, 2017

This is an excellent course and I look forward to delving deeper into the subjects taught. I would love to see more courses taught by Dr. Reivich.

By Latifa T

Apr 18, 2020

This course was brilliant i loved the teacher ahe is incredibly clear and pragmatic. It helped re wire my thinking completely. Thank you so much!

By Lorena L

Mar 29, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and it was very relevant. Thank you for all your insights, especially Dr. Karen Reivich! I hope to meet you someday

By Mike M

Mar 9, 2019

Outstanding course. Packed with specific, actionable approaches to build resilience. Highly recommend. Minimal time investment, high returns.

By Christophe T

Mar 26, 2021

The best course in my opinion of the Positive Psychology Specialization. Many tools. Very dynamic. And overall extremely positive ! Thumbs up !

By Elly T

Oct 1, 2020

My journey in studying positive psychology have been amazing and i have indeed learned valuable knowledge which i find useful in my daily life

By Magnus K

Dec 18, 2018

A science on how to Learn how to enjoy life an also make progress, I found it at a late stage in life but have been brought up in this spirit.

By Iman S A

Jun 2, 2017

I think this course is really fantastic. I will apply it in my personal and professional life. Student instructors. You're​all really awesome!

By Hernan A

Apr 17, 2018

Thank you so much guys for sharing this amazing knowledge. This is my 4 course and they are changing my life even though I am a psychologist.

By M F

Jan 22, 2021

I tried many other courses and I found out that only Coursera and Edx that provide the greatest course, really give us what we need to know.

By GUILHERME C M

Jan 27, 2020

This course has everything: it combines the theoretical part and support books as well as many practical and easy exercises to be performed.

By Janne H

Sep 25, 2017

Great MOOC! Well Structured, covers a wide variety of subjects but is still easy to follow. Transfers scientific studies into everyday life.