Back to Precalculus: Mathematical Modeling

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Precalculus: Mathematical Modeling by Johns Hopkins University

4.4

This course helps to build the foundational material to use mathematics as a tool to model, understand, and interpret the world around us. This is done through studying functions, their properties, and applications to data analysis. Concepts of precalculus provide the set of tools for the beginning student to begin their scientific career, preparing them for future science and calculus courses. This course is designed for all students, not just those interested in further mathematics courses. Students interested in the natural sciences, computer sciences, psychology, sociology, or similar will genuinely benefit from this introductory course, applying the skills learned to their discipline to analyze and interpret their subject material. Students will be presented with not only new ideas, but also new applications of an old subject. Real-life data, exercise sets, and regular assessments help to motivate and reinforce the content in this course, leading to learning and mastery....

1 - 9 of 9 Reviews for Precalculus: Mathematical Modeling

By Evangelos K

Feb 2, 2021

Great course, great instructor. However, there is a problem with quizzes. The answers written in latex is a problem. It took me 2 months to finish the final quiz since I stuck in 1 question and couldn't find how to write the answer. Please fix it because based on other comments, students are really discouraged.

By Bo Y

Apr 16, 2021

In general, it is good for me to recall what I have learned in school. Love the small story, such as cosine is strong especially with the accent. Those little human spark time warm the equation.

For the 3rd course, it is a great wrap-up for the specialization. I love the amazing story and how to provide an accurate estimation just through the dimensional analysis. I believe it will inspire people to explore the beauty of math. It worth all the effort!

There are some minor mistakes in this specialization, and I have provided all my findings. I hope it helps.

By Mustafa Y

Mar 13, 2021

Had a blast through the course. Everything is thoroughly explained. Examples given for better understanding before quizzes are more difficult then the questions in the actual quizzes, hence quiz questions feel simpler and easier. I have learned a better way of judging a set of statistics then I had before. I would totally recommend this course to anyone looking forward to improving their comprehension of set of data.

By Niki Y

Jan 8, 2021

There are errors within the quizzes.

By Venugopal B

Nov 16, 2020

Very good basic course for PUC level. Explanations are crisp and to the point.

By 李正宇

May 2, 2021

This course help me a lot about modeling. As a IB student, this course is not very difficult to me. Actually, it didn't use calculus a lot but it is really useful on modeling.

By LUIS F A Z

Feb 8, 2021

Some tests are difficult to understand due to lack of explanation in problems or questions.

By Frank V G

Mar 26, 2021

Nice course.

By Bernardo C

Jun 1, 2021

I am not sure how to describe the course. It is definitely NOT for non-math people. Not recommended for those expecting to be taught math. For those with advanced knowledge it maybe a good course to review the subject. The staff almost never answer the forums, and the quizzes almost never show the rubric, so doubts and questions go unanswered. I also don't think certification is meant for resumes either, so, again, I am not sure how to describe it. It is interesting though.