Back to Preventative Healthcare for the Newborn Baby

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preventative Healthcare for the Newborn Baby by University of Colorado System

In this course, you will learn some medical interventions and skills to keep newborns healthy in the days and weeks after they have been born. We’ll tell you about medicines like Vitamin K and erythromycin and how they can prevent serious illnesses. We’ll also introduce screening tests like hearing screening and newborn blood screening that help to make sure that babies are set up for success right from the start. But we will start off by talking about jaundice, looking at the simple ways to identify and treat this common presentation and prevent any harm to babies. A newborn baby is an amazing beautiful life filled with hope. There is so much that goes into making sure that babies are born healthy, and so much more to think about after they are born. Whether you are in the health care field, or even a parent, this course is the perfect educational opportunity for you to keep newborn babies healthy in the days and weeks after they are born!...

JJ

Sep 15, 2020

It is a great course where I learn a lot regarding preventative healthcare for newborn baby. I would like to highly recommend this course to new moms to better take care of their newborn babies.

MG

This course has been amazing. I have learned a lot about how manage correctly newborns, how prevent diseases, and how change the fetal body to transform into a newborn body. Thanks for all.

1 - 25 of 89 Reviews for Preventative Healthcare for the Newborn Baby

By Louis A K H T

Mar 28, 2019

Although it is not a course which is easy to absorb, this is really a course which had taught me a lot and I realised that there are a lot of knowledge I need to gather.

Thank you so much to the patient lecturers!

By Theodoros A

Jan 16, 2019

A very good course for everyone , despite its background!

By janeth m

Apr 27, 2019

The best of the best for heath care baby providers

By Nayme O D

Mar 31, 2019

Very Good One!

By Helen T

Jul 11, 2020

There were some errors, being:

Talk about a video on how to administer IM injections to newborn was missing.

A diagram relating to clotting factors did not match the diagram being talked about by the lecturer, who referred to lettering and numbers, which were absent from the diagram.

Some of the quiz questions did not match the answers, and so I had to keep pressing until I got the answer, then the explanation of the answer clarified what the question SHOULD have been.

One of the quiz quetsions during the video lecture appeared before the topic (Chlamydia trachomatis causing pneumonia) had been discussed.

Otherwise it was an excellent and very useful course, and I learned a lot. Thanks!

By Adrianna U

Aug 12, 2020

I really enjoyed this curse and have learned about multiple procedures that happen right after childbirth. It is exceptionally educational. My only suggestion would be to update some of the attached readings as 1 of them is not longer available on the website. Additionally, the provided readings are written in an advanced scientific terminology, therefore they are definitely not beginner level.

By Abraham B S

Aug 21, 2020

Although I have no idea of the medical terms, this course was done in such way that it's not needed to know every single medical term and the fact that you can read papers from American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and check the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) really helps to have a broader view. The effort to finish this course is totally worth it.

By subhash s h

Sep 24, 2019

Coursera has given me the edge to expand my knowledge and skills in my profession as many times as I was involved. Flexible time schedule and awesome professors mend it all to create an amazing Coursera all together for all types of learners.

By Katherine v I

May 03, 2020

Such a great course with to-the-point information regarding what actions should be done in the first days of a newborn. The instructors made this often complicated information very easy to understand. Thank you so much!

By Jill

Sep 15, 2020

By MICHELLE D I G

By Jodi S

Jun 18, 2019

Excellent foundational topics for providers helping educate parents on their newborn's health! The instructors made this often complicated information very easy to understand. Thank you!

By Jenny P M A

Apr 12, 2020

Este curso es muy interesante útil y practico y es prácticamente un deber saber sobre este tema muchas gracias a Coursera por esta gran oportunidad muchas Gracias Coursera

Muchas Gracias

By Ana L P M

Sep 26, 2019

Exceptional program to learn and deal with all the issues of our newborns. Also, the language and the time required to understand deeply this topic are just well done.

By Narjis Z

Jul 10, 2020

I loved this course from start to finish. The explanation was amazing and beautifully put. I would recommend every mother to take this.

By Laura X D S

Aug 02, 2020

aprendí mucho en mi país no se realizan todas las practicas que aquí se recomiendan, es un curso muy interesante y lo recomiendo.

By Kurmet D

Really thankful for this amazing course. I am sure that gained knowledge will benefit me in the future when I become a surgeon.

By Jayaprakash N

Sep 12, 2020

excellent courses for the beginners who wish to learn newborn baby care. thank you colarado team for the wonderful efforts

By Gaelen C

Very informative course, I enjoyed how the material was presented with questions in the video and quizzes at the end.

By Leonardo M V

Jun 21, 2020

Excellent! all information is very important and the explanations make it very easy to understand.

By Adriana A L F

Jul 23, 2020

Well explained information with the best instructors. Thanks for sharing your acknowledgment.

By Fredrick O M

Jun 19, 2020

several vital activities aimed at ensuring good health of the baby, mostly preventy aspects

By Roshni K

Apr 07, 2020

Stunning course absolutely loved it. thank you for all the hard work put into this course!

By Panthip B S

Apr 20, 2020

Great Course! Easy to understand and suitable for a beginner. I enjoy this class a lot!

By Manasa K R

Apr 06, 2020

It was a great learning experience. Thanks a lot for all the instructors of the course.