Back to Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making by University of California, Irvine

Critical thinking – the application of scientific methods and logical reasoning to problems and decisions – is the foundation of effective problem solving and decision making. Critical thinking enables us to avoid common obstacles, test our beliefs and assumptions, and correct distortions in our thought processes. Gain confidence in assessing problems accurately, evaluating alternative solutions, and anticipating likely risks. Learn how to use analysis, synthesis, and positive inquiry to address individual and organizational problems and develop the critical thinking skills needed in today’s turbulent times. Using case studies and situations encountered by class members, explore successful models and proven methods that are readily transferable on-the-job. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Choose and apply appropriate problem solving and decision making processes and methods 2. Identify common obstacles to effective problem solving and decision making 3. Recognize the human variable in problem solving and decision making 4. Assess major conceptual blocks and significant situational challenges 5. Apply concepts to enhancing personal development and organizational performance 6. Explain the key elements of problem solving and decision making and the barriers associated with them...

KG
Sep 5, 2020

A very informative and easy course. I loved studying it, the professor was very well versed and delivered the lectures in a way so that students find it easy to understand the text and context.

S
Feb 5, 2021

A concise and informative course. The course consolidates my fundamental knowledge about the different components and concepts of problem-solving and decision-making. I really learned a lot.

501 - 525 of 758 Reviews for Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making

By Fahad A

Dec 26, 2018

Quite useful concepts yet could have included more content in my view especially around creative decision-making and perhaps design thinking topics

By Cita N L

Jun 27, 2020

I expected this course could give some organizational use cases. then its use case gives us a viewpoint on how should we do in our real condition.

By Nathan C

Sep 13, 2020

Would have preferred more examples of CE diagrams and histograms, maybe some interactive tools to practice but course was good and to the point.

By Alejandro P

Jan 6, 2016

This course contains interesting points about group decision methods and change management. I think it could be deeper, but I liked it overall.

By Asrar

Jun 14, 2021

in the test feedback there should be an explanation regarding wrong answers and what is supposed to be chosen to demonstrate the right answer.

By kajal s i

Jun 14, 2020

effective problem solving and decision-making course was very nice. I got so much information and now I will make the best decision, Thank you

By María L M

The professor speaks too fast, and sometimes It lacks coherence, even though he explains really well the definitions. He reminds me of Trump

By Zaid A

May 9, 2021

To make certain changes amongst businesses and try to figure out issues related to organization by finding actual issues than assumptions.

By Nandana B P

May 23, 2020

It was every informative and interactive session . I thank coursera and the university for providing such a platform for students like us.

By Ignacio G F

Es realmente curioso y util para aprender como se toman determinadas decisiones y como se gestionan determinados problemas o situaciones

By Sujeet K J

Mar 23, 2020

Well crafted, neatly designed course

Some more interesting examples can help us remember points well

Overall, its worth the time invested.

By Roxana P

Nov 6, 2015

A disconnect between Video Lecture - Transcript (horrid form !) - Slides - Test questions. Information flow should be more fluent.

By Emilia K

Jun 23, 2020

The instructors instructions were understandable. But the course could have been more interactive to make it seem interesting.

By Christian P

Aug 18, 2020

Me resultó interesante, con una buena cantidad de ejemplos cotidianos para entender la aplicación de los conceptos enunciados

By Roman B

Nov 8, 2015

It is a good course but not everything was as clear as in other courses. Anyway it provides a lot of very useful information.

By Chen Z

Jun 27, 2020

guide you how to make a decision. few math related knowledge, and it is suitable to junior people who works in management.

By Srihari M

Sep 22, 2019

Good, In-depth explanation of the concepts should have been a little more better to have a best understanding. Thank you!

By Meghna P

Aug 29, 2015

Thank you for this course..the examples were excellent. But I couldn't go back to the course once I had seen the video.

By jorge j l c

Dec 7, 2015

Muy buen curso, recomendable para todas las personas interesadas en mejorar el enfoque en la resolución de problemas.

By Adaeze M

Apr 13, 2021

It was agreat course. I did all the quizzes and completed the course, but I wonder why it still reads uncompleted.

By SHIVENDER S J 1

Apr 30, 2020

I GAIN SOME EXTRA KNOWLEDGE FROM THIS COURSE AND TOTALLY ENJOYED THE WAY THINGS EXPLAINED BY THE TEACHER.

By Luis R

Feb 9, 2021

Course was very interesting. Lecturer did an amazing job at at grasping students attention throughout the course

By Nang T T H

Nov 8, 2020

I get so many knowledge for problem solving but I think some lectures are a little bore and less interesting.

By Ritesh J

Jun 12, 2020

Great course, Industry-level management insights. More case studies could have made this the perfect course.

By Gosin N

Sep 13, 2020

The instructor's way of telling stories was kind of bland and a bit boring.

It's a bit monotone all the way.