Back to Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making by University of California, Irvine

Critical thinking – the application of scientific methods and logical reasoning to problems and decisions – is the foundation of effective problem solving and decision making. Critical thinking enables us to avoid common obstacles, test our beliefs and assumptions, and correct distortions in our thought processes. Gain confidence in assessing problems accurately, evaluating alternative solutions, and anticipating likely risks. Learn how to use analysis, synthesis, and positive inquiry to address individual and organizational problems and develop the critical thinking skills needed in today’s turbulent times. Using case studies and situations encountered by class members, explore successful models and proven methods that are readily transferable on-the-job. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Choose and apply appropriate problem solving and decision making processes and methods 2. Identify common obstacles to effective problem solving and decision making 3. Recognize the human variable in problem solving and decision making 4. Assess major conceptual blocks and significant situational challenges 5. Apply concepts to enhancing personal development and organizational performance 6. Explain the key elements of problem solving and decision making and the barriers associated with them...

KG
Sep 5, 2020

A very informative and easy course. I loved studying it, the professor was very well versed and delivered the lectures in a way so that students find it easy to understand the text and context.

S
Feb 5, 2021

A concise and informative course. The course consolidates my fundamental knowledge about the different components and concepts of problem-solving and decision-making. I really learned a lot.

476 - 500 of 742 Reviews for Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making

By Edgaras V

Sep 29, 2015

It's a great course with important and nicely presented information. It could be even better if University Of California, Irvine would make it more informative and longer than it is right now.

By Rubén A N G

Sep 8, 2020

I like it because it gives a glance of Problem Solving, is fast and easy-going. I was expecting , though, moreof a deep dive bout I understand it can be reached in other course. Thank you all

By Hèlen G

Jan 14, 2016

The course is a very straight forward overview of problem solving and decision making principles. A good introduction to using various supporting decision tools. Short and effective module.

By MARCO A A G

Apr 29, 2019

Excellent course.

I recommend you, than give us answers about examen when finish the examen with 80% or more correctly and you explain why the other answers are incorrectly.

By María A v

Oct 2, 2016

este curso tiene un alto nivel educativo , me gusto mucho ha sido muy instructivo , aunque es una pena que la version gratuita no se puedan ver los resultados de los test

By Mohamed M

Jan 21, 2017

Very useful course and tools that help in real life but I think it needs more examples and in depth explanation for the tools

Overall , I enjoyed it and very helpful

By Rehab B

Jan 27, 2016

This course has introduced me to different and useful methods of solving problems that I am excited to try applying on different issues. Thank you for providing it.

By Manish G

Jul 12, 2020

coursera is an amazing platform which connects the tutors and learners and this course has been very helpful and also looking forward to enroll for other courses

By THERESE M B A

Oct 2, 2020

The course was straightforward and simple but I had trouble identifying the different modes from the notes. Overall, it was still very easy to grasp.

By Sonal N

Jan 27, 2021

Short course which introduces effective problem solving and decision-making, focusing on the benefits and drawbacks of each type of decision-making.

By Fahad A

Dec 26, 2018

Quite useful concepts yet could have included more content in my view especially around creative decision-making and perhaps design thinking topics

By Cita N L

Jun 27, 2020

I expected this course could give some organizational use cases. then its use case gives us a viewpoint on how should we do in our real condition.

By Nathan C

Sep 13, 2020

Would have preferred more examples of CE diagrams and histograms, maybe some interactive tools to practice but course was good and to the point.

By Alejandro P

Jan 6, 2016

This course contains interesting points about group decision methods and change management. I think it could be deeper, but I liked it overall.

By kajal s i

Jun 14, 2020

effective problem solving and decision-making course was very nice. I got so much information and now I will make the best decision, Thank you

By María L M

The professor speaks too fast, and sometimes It lacks coherence, even though he explains really well the definitions. He reminds me of Trump

By Nandana B P

May 23, 2020

It was every informative and interactive session . I thank coursera and the university for providing such a platform for students like us.

By Ignacio G F

Es realmente curioso y util para aprender como se toman determinadas decisiones y como se gestionan determinados problemas o situaciones

By Sujeet K J

Mar 23, 2020

Well crafted, neatly designed course

Some more interesting examples can help us remember points well

Overall, its worth the time invested.

By Roxana P

Nov 6, 2015

A disconnect between Video Lecture - Transcript (horrid form !) - Slides - Test questions. Information flow should be more fluent.

By Emilia K

Jun 23, 2020

The instructors instructions were understandable. But the course could have been more interactive to make it seem interesting.

By Christian P

Aug 18, 2020

Me resultó interesante, con una buena cantidad de ejemplos cotidianos para entender la aplicación de los conceptos enunciados

By Roman B

Nov 8, 2015

It is a good course but not everything was as clear as in other courses. Anyway it provides a lot of very useful information.

By Chen Z

Jun 27, 2020

guide you how to make a decision. few math related knowledge, and it is suitable to junior people who works in management.

By Srihari M

Sep 22, 2019

Good, In-depth explanation of the concepts should have been a little more better to have a best understanding. Thank you!