Back to The Art of Music Production

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Art of Music Production by Berklee College of Music

Explore the art of record production and how to make recordings that other people will love listening to. This course will teach you how to make emotionally moving recordings on almost any recording equipment, including your phone or laptop. The emphasis is on mastering tangible artistic concepts; the gear you use is up to you. You will learn to develop the most important tool in the recording studio: your ears. You will learn to enhance every aspect of your own productions, both sonically and musically, by employing deeper listening skills. Assignments will include posting your own recordings for peer review, and reviewing your classmates’ work by employing specific tools and strategies. If you use a digital audio workstation to record and mix, that’s great, but as long as you can record into your computer and post an MP3, you can complete the assignments. As you learn about the art of record production in this 4-week course, you will also learn about yourself and who you are as an artist and producer. It is not necessary that you read music or play an instrument to take this course....

RM
Jul 28, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. I learned how to create my very first music song all on my own using an interface. I am independent and ready to make lots more music in my home on my own time by myself.

LR
Sep 25, 2016

Exceptional and essential guide for music producers. This course really makes you think of music production from a holistic perspective. I'll never listen to music the same superficial way anymore...

501 - 510 of 510 Reviews for The Art of Music Production

By Timothy A C B

Aug 24, 2020

I found the course not so useful for me. There are a lot of little tips of everything about production but nothing too serious. But some things I found interesting, like writing the emotions, vision and intention of the project. Also some tips can scape from your mind sometimes, so it was great to have them writen down. Maybe for people that really doesn't know anything about music production it can be very useful because I'm a sound engineer student so most of the things I've already learned from working with music producers on previews projects. But for me it wasn't satisfying.

By Craig M

Dec 4, 2020

Course was ok, I was hoping to go indepth into mixing and mastering, but hopefully will do in the next corse (I'm doing the Music Production Specialization)

If I had a note, I'd tell the guy on video to stop the constant side-view switches on video, nobody wants to watch you talking from the side as if talking to someone else.

By Dhruv M

May 2, 2021

I learned a lot but I feel like after a while it got boring

By Vasco R M B

Jan 28, 2017

Too short, interesting but far too short

By Collin M

Dec 3, 2016

pretty cool course

By jonathan h

Dec 4, 2016

haha we just

By Hailey N K

Feb 13, 2021

Honestly, this was a great course at the start, however...

It asked on Week 2 to create your own song already, having learned much to nothing about the process, DAW, or anything useful. It was supposed to be beginner friendly, but didn't really feel that way.

By Guimel R

Aug 14, 2020

Honestly I didn't like at all, I think they put more effort on the look and production of the videos than the script, or the syllabus. I always like the Berkeley courses, but this one doesn't have the quality of other courses.

By ASHNA G

Jun 21, 2020

It is good learning experience .

By M T

You don't compare a music genius like Miles David with some commercial bs. I just realized this course is not for me after that.