Back to Writing Professional Email and Memos (Project-Centered Course)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing Professional Email and Memos (Project-Centered Course) by University System of Georgia

4.3

Want your workplace writing to make a positive impression? At the end of this course, you will be a more confident writer, able to create higher quality professional documents more quickly. This course is at the introductory or beginner level and focuses on mastering the basics of email etiquette and communication. While this course will help learners become faster and more efficient writers by virtue of practice with common writing purposes, it does not cover marketing emails or job application materials. In this project-based learning course, you will work on a continuous project, the writing of a professional email/memo. At the end of the course, you will write a clear and concise email/memo. The final product will be individualized to your professional endeavors and follow the guidelines for one of the common types of emails/memos explained in the course: directives, progress reports, incident reports, response to inquiries, and meeting minutes. You will gain a wealth of skills. You will learn about appropriate email/memo formats, common ways to organize email/memo contents, common email/memo routing protocols, and expectations upon writers in professional environments. This course is designed to be beneficial to all levels of learners, whether you have never heard of an email/memo or write them every day. Everyone will learn something from this experience. In fact, different levels of learners are encouraged in this course so that we can all learn from each other. There will be thousands of learners working side-by-side on their projects, and the environment will be social, supportive, and constructive. By the end of this course, learners will be able to: - write clear and concise emails/memos relative to their professional endeavors - recognize five different types of emails/memos and their formats - analyze email/memo context for audience and tone - use basic grammar correctly in their email/memo writing Materials required: Learners in this course will need only a computer with strong enough Internet to play videos and hear sound. A word processing software is suggested, but not required. Time required: This course will require approximately 4 hours of work in the platform, including videos, reading, quizzes, and other activities. The course project will require approximately 6 hours of work, including the rough draft, draft peer review, final draft, and final peer review....

DM

Jul 9, 2017

Really a good course, learning lot of new things , thanks to the instructors.. both the instructors make me understand through videos by their simple and easy way of teaching. Thank you

RJ

Jan 15, 2021

It was very informative and practical. I got to know many new things, such as correct formatting, the difference between Memos and Emails, and many more...\n\nThank you so much.

51 - 75 of 90 Reviews for Writing Professional Email and Memos (Project-Centered Course)

By mostafa s

Mar 20, 2022

nice

By Sravanthi

Jun 7, 2021

good

By Mokila c k

good

By Arefin

Feb 7, 2018

It is a very well designed course with relevant real life implications. I took it as a knowledge refresher course so that my written content can still display assertiveness and gravitas, or carry empathetic tone where required . It also taught me some basics of online communication that I never realized I had done wrong until it was pointed out to me by this course. I owe my improvements to the dedicated staff, tutors, and instructors who made it possible for me to learn from a far-away place. Thank you!

By Islam Q S M

Jun 23, 2019

I have watched an english movie , and there was a small story related to BCC in email , i would never understand it if did not apply for this course - TO conclude , it is benefcial for those who want to learn how to write a professional Emails in working fields

By Samantha B

Jun 1, 2020

The information was valuable but the structure for reviewing submitted assignments was confusing. Peers' assignments would get lost in the examples for the submission and it was often difficult to tell where instructions ended and submissions began.

By DANIELA A C S

Apr 9, 2018

It is a shame that I have to pay to resolve the quizzes. I am going to do the course but not the quizzes, I do not earn enough money to pay

By Al M A M

Jun 26, 2018

People who are looking for a course to write professional emails and know the types of all emails and memos must take the course.

By Kyle D W

Jul 21, 2020

The course was very informative and established the foundation for writing the main types of email/memos.

By Melissa G

Oct 4, 2016

Great course. Thought I knew everything about e-mails and memos. I will use what I learned on the job.

By Krystal K M

Sep 1, 2016

I loved the brief history and the subtle etiquette matters that were discussed. Many thanks for this!

By Saif U

Oct 19, 2020

Amazing course but very complicated for those who had no good English background.

By Diana G

May 17, 2016

Very helpful with a lot of tips and resources to practice. Thank you.

By esraa a

Apr 13, 2016

I liked this course but I wish the free part included the Quiz!!!

By Cesar S

Dec 17, 2020

Nice course, maybe think could add more excercises.

By Xiangfeng N

Dec 18, 2017

The slides can not draw my attention.

By Sakshata V P

Jun 23, 2021

good learning experience

By Sayali P N

Apr 28, 2022

good

By Patricia S

Apr 14, 2021

April 2021. I appreciate the structure & awareness in writing different types of communication. I would have graded it higher if was up to date, they had spell checked the course even used proper Uppercase sentence structure in their bullets (to name a few). This course is outdated; some info being 10+ years old. In the end, it was weeks three and four assignments that were not well explained. One of those weeks you do your own review of a lesson so that you gain better use and knowledge of the Rubric. The other, you write your own version of the lesson. Both require Peer reviews. It was not clear what was needed, both weeks seemed like a copy of each other. I turned to the forums for clarity where others mentioned the same thing. As I progressed, I found many people had incomplete or did not complete the assignments. Some put their correct answers in the wrong week’s assignment. Because it’s “Peer” based, it takes a long time for others to review final assignments. I found some had waited over a year, most were several weeks. Again, it’s confusing what a person is to do. In week three, I had to resubmit my assignment twice because the Peers responses created a tie. While structured correctly, Peers either didn’t understand the assignment or the Rubric. In the end, I simplified the “email” assignment, finally two Peers each gave me 100% and both replied with “good” in the comments. To put it plainly, this course needs a complete overhaul. PS: I am unable to break this review down into paragraphs, another example of outdate technology.

By Anaiz G F

Nov 12, 2021

Candidates having very little or no knowledge of writing professional emails or memos are very much encouraged to take this course, however no professional or advanced techniques are taught in this course, hence people who are in habit of sending and receiving emails on daily basis learn no new skills by opting for this course.