Back to Project Management: The Basics for Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Management: The Basics for Success by University of California, Irvine

This course combines the essential elements of Project Management and Team Leadership into one course. Through class engagement and reflection, you will acquire further understanding of the responsibilities of leadership and become better prepared to apply this knowledge to the project environment. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Learn about the role of high performance teams and leadership in project management 2. Learn about the tools and techniques for developing and strengthening high performance teams and team members 3. Learn about the stages in project cycle 4. Apply best practices to develop competencies and skills in planning and controlling projects to ensure successful outcomes 5. Learn how to monitor project activities and assess progress 6. Learn to communicate proficiently to report project status and performance to stakeholders and contribute to organizational knowledge base...

A

Thank you to Coursera for such a great platform to improve our skills and literacy.The learning environment offered here is completely a learn at your own pace environment,making it flexible to learn.

CW

Nov 20, 2016

Super overview of project management from start to finish and how to deliver successful project on time, on budget, and with desired quality along with ways to deal with technical and member issues a

1001 - 1025 of 1,451 Reviews for Project Management: The Basics for Success

Dec 11, 2016

show

By Le P T K

Dec 02, 2016

Good

By Andrew1224

Oct 01, 2016

good

By ahmed m

Feb 06, 2016

good

By Tran H

Sep 25, 2015

Good

By 李罡

Feb 28, 2016

By Edward H J

Oct 13, 2015

G

By LYSINDER A B

As I enroll in this course, I have little information or idea about project management. Three years ago, I became one of the project leaders of one of the research and development projects of the government. Past forward, there's a lot of question that came to my mind at the end of the project because, although we deliver it as what the S, Q, C, T but there's still a portion of longingness of what is project management all about (the whole concept). Because of this it gives me more confidence to work on a project again and the knowledge and strategies that this course taught me are boundless. Thank you so much!

By Ajay S

Apr 17, 2016

I have just finished the course. The course professor has used real life cases to link up with the course material which helps students to connect well with the concepts being used. Very useful for those who are getting into project management but have not done any specific certification around project management.

In fact, I would recommend this course to all those getting into jobs as a bit of project managements does impact all of us even if we are not driving any project. Knowledge about project managements basics will enable us to contribute better towards successful completion of projects.

By Muhammad A Z

May 04, 2020

This is the compilation of my third course on coursera, and second on Project Management. I can tell by experience that Tutor have a lot a knowledge in the subject. I learned a lot from the course, But I don't support his way of teaching. Yes, he has virtual audience but he doesn't seem to engage the student. I feel like he is just showering knowledge on the audience. That works really good if audience/students have background knowledge, but one such as me, who don't have much previous knowledge in the subject, teaching method can be a little difficult to adopt.

By Pururaj S S

Aug 18, 2015

The basics and overview of project planning and management has been highlighted properly. It helped me get a clearer perspective on how things are being planned and what methodologies are in use at present times. I would love to attend another program on similar lines though I wish next time the cousrse is more rigorous and detailed. Small projects based on the application of some planning software would really add more value to this offereing by the University iof California, Irvine.

By Nicole S

May 14, 2016

This course gives a concise intro to the basics of project management, largely based on PMI PMBOK guide. The course is useful to get acquainted with or refresh knowledge on project management principles. It would be nice if auditing students could also do the quizzes (even if without marks) to self-check and complete the course. As is, I was unable to find a way to "complete" in a way that would move the course from enrolled to completed on my profile.

By Manon D

This course would need to be modernised to be more engaging and interactive. I did appreciate the different practical examples given though, and found Weeks 3 & 4 the most useful, especially the advice on dealing with difficult people.

Weeks 1 & 2 could be combined and shortened, and a WBS exercise could be proposed to the student for practice.

Overall 4 stars as I learned something new, the course was well organised and basics are indeed laid out.