Back to Project Management Project

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Management Project by University of California, Irvine

This capstone project is designed to allow you to take the knowledge you have gained through the Specialization and put that knowledge into practice. In the capstone, you will create several of the key planning deliverables that have been discussed in these courses and either work on a project you choose or use a suggested case study. You will begin the capstone project by writing part of the project charter. You will build on that information to define your project, and then ultimately create a schedule, budget and responses for the risks you identify. The goal is for you to use what you have learned in the previous courses and to perform your own research on how to best move forward with the capstone project. Your work will be peer reviewed by your classmates. In turn you will peer review the work of other classmates. Instructions on how to conduct peer reviews will be included in the course. Upon completing this series, you will be able to (1) write a narrative charter statement, (2) create a work breakdown structure, (3) sequence project activities,(4) build a project schedule, (5) create a project budget, (6) create a responsibility assignment matrix, (7) identify project risks and (8) define responses for those risks. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Write a narrative charter statement 2. Create a work breakdown structure 3. Sequence project activities 4. Build a project schedule 5. Create a project budget 6. Create a responsibility assignment matrix 7. Identify project risks and define responses for those risks...

PG
Oct 6, 2019

I have been enriched through this course. I feel like a better PM and I believe with the knowledge and skills I have acquired by taking this course, I will manage my projects more professionally.

AS
Jan 17, 2017

A fantastic course, whether or not previous knowledge was there the course really pushes the student to understand the concepts in their own manner.\n\nPerfect addition to my skillet, Thank you.

476 - 500 of 503 Reviews for Project Management Project

By Idesta A

Apr 10, 2016

Though but its well worth the time.

By Abdul R S

Nov 18, 2016

It was an amazing experience. T

By longphde130094

Mar 14, 2021

good course that i have seen

By Giulio P

Jul 18, 2020

Great

By LapNTHE130833

Apr 22, 2021

good

By ahmed m

Feb 14, 2016

nice

By Evangelos K

Feb 13, 2017

N

By Alexandra P

Aug 28, 2020

The actual course was a fantastic way for me to apply my skills and gain more knowledge through peer review. However, somebody blatantly stole my capstone work/plagiarized my entire project after I submitted it for peer review. Coursera needs to utilize a plagiarism scanning software to prevent this and to uphold the value of these certificates. Doing this project took me nearly a month of effort and I was passionate about my topic (my project was inspired to improve my company.) It's not an easy final project, but you will learn a lot if you put in the effort. Coursera/ University of California Irvine, please do more to prevent plagiarism and limit the number of final submissions permitted. Also, please consider including example projects to replace the first-draft practice peer review project. Only a final submission is necessary and will decrease the chances of plagiarism.

By Brian P W

Jun 29, 2020

Video quality needs to be improved, teacher should not be reading from a script 90% of the time, quizzes need to be more difficult, capstone project needs to be graded more heavily - i.e. on it's actual content not just how many things are listed. Based on the current rubric, I had to give good scores to many C or D level projects.

By Jia M

May 23, 2020

Overall the course is well designed, especially the first three sessions. The last one is called a Capstone, which requires completing a project planning. It's better of something you are working on or have worked on in the past since the three case examples lack sufficient details and realistic support to work on.

By Avigail L

Apr 26, 2020

It was a good way to put in practice what we've learnt in the Project Management course. Although there should be a way of complaining for peer grading as people lose points because their peers seem not to put effort in evaluating your work.

By Edith N C M

Nov 3, 2019

Los criterios de evaluación se quedan un poco cortos, creo que no basta con que se incluyan los puntos mencionados, es necesario que se evalúe el contenido del proyecto y hacer una revisión más a detalle.

By Mitul P

Apr 4, 2020

great learning tool however some of the lessons are not coordinated between the videos and slides.

By Sang N V

Jun 30, 2019

Provide me a basic knowledge of project management

By E. P P

Apr 21, 2017

Several times I uploaded material

By NK

Jun 27, 2021

I currently have my PMP certification, but I needed PDUs to renew my certificate. I completed the Project Management Principles and Practices specialization from UCI to achieve the 35 PDUs, but I wasn't pleased with the course overall and had significant issues with the Capstone Project. The three courses included in the Project Management Principles and Practices specialization provide a practical introduction to Project Management. The Professors also discusses problems faced in actual prior projects (i.e. it's not theoretical), how to approach those problems and best practices, which was great.

From my perspective, however, there were a lot of problems with the course:

1​. It's not comprehensive. It glosses over a lot of items and unless you are either already familiar with project management applications and/or complete all the supplemental reading, it doesn't entirely prepare you for the capstone project.

2​. This is absolutely NOT the course to take if you are looking to understand project management principles to pass the PMP exam. Key components of the exam are only included in the slide decks - and even there are glossed over. So even though you will get the credit to sit for the exam, you will in no way be prepared for the exam. Instead, UCI encourages you to sign up for another course. This might seem like an unfair comment, but recognize that I took one $25 course on another online learning platform that provided me with 80% of what I needed to sit for the exam. I think this should be disclosed upfront in the FAQs to avoid confusion.

3​. I was infuriated by my so called peers in the Capstone Project. Of the 8 assignments I reviewed between the practice and final peer review assignments, only ONE met the criteria. There was another which provided a good high level start to the project, but was missing a lot of the details. In general, you could tell people didn't want to invest the time and effort into the capstone project. They simply wanted to complete the bare minimum (if that) in order to get the certificate. I also can't tell you how many submissions I had to flag for spam - and even outright plagirized content. You need to do the work; if you don't want to, you shouldn't take this course.

4​. I also encountered difficulty posting my certificate to the PMI (Project Management Institute) website. I wish the Provider ID were on the certificate and the name of the course exactly matched what was in their directly. I almost selected the wrong course, which would have given me fewer PDUs

A​s a result, I would not recommend this course, except to those who are curious to learn more about project management - but not necessarily wanting to sit for the exam.

By Hani M Z

Jan 10, 2021

Im very disappointed in this course. We are given very little time to submit a project. In fact, i was shocked that i had finished the first 2 weeks and then took a 1 day break and found out that my final project was overdue. More importantly, we are given no guidance or education on which softwares to use. If this was for entry level individuals, then maybe you could assist us with this huge problem. I posted on the forum and nobody answered my question. The deadlines are too short for such a big undertaking, and there is no grantee that my project will be reviewed if one is too late to submit, so what is point in continuing with my time and effort? Surely, i have seen people from 6 months ago still waiting for a review of their work in the forums, so again, what is point in continuing. The end result is that i cannot obtain my certificate for the full program completion, but at least i have certificates for the courses i completed.

By Alexandra L

Apr 16, 2018

I did the full specialization for Project Management from UCI. I am very disappointed that no one (teachers or mentors) answers questions. Also, due to a technical glitch, I got no feedback on my final assignment and apparently the 3 peer reviews that I did were not sent to my peers.

As a result, the course has overall very little added-value.

By Gunasekara, M T

Nov 15, 2020

After completing the entire course there is only four separate certificates. Nothing to show our continuous engagement and specialization. Waste of time in a way.