Back to Project Management Project

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Management Project by University of California, Irvine

This capstone project is designed to allow you to take the knowledge you have gained through the Specialization and put that knowledge into practice. In the capstone, you will create several of the key planning deliverables that have been discussed in these courses and either work on a project you choose or use a suggested case study. You will begin the capstone project by writing part of the project charter. You will build on that information to define your project, and then ultimately create a schedule, budget and responses for the risks you identify. The goal is for you to use what you have learned in the previous courses and to perform your own research on how to best move forward with the capstone project. Your work will be peer reviewed by your classmates. In turn you will peer review the work of other classmates. Instructions on how to conduct peer reviews will be included in the course. Upon completing this series, you will be able to (1) write a narrative charter statement, (2) create a work breakdown structure, (3) sequence project activities,(4) build a project schedule, (5) create a project budget, (6) create a responsibility assignment matrix, (7) identify project risks and (8) define responses for those risks. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Write a narrative charter statement 2. Create a work breakdown structure 3. Sequence project activities 4. Build a project schedule 5. Create a project budget 6. Create a responsibility assignment matrix 7. Identify project risks and define responses for those risks...

PG
Oct 6, 2019

I have been enriched through this course. I feel like a better PM and I believe with the knowledge and skills I have acquired by taking this course, I will manage my projects more professionally.

AS
Jan 17, 2017

A fantastic course, whether or not previous knowledge was there the course really pushes the student to understand the concepts in their own manner.\n\nPerfect addition to my skillet, Thank you.

501 - 506 of 506 Reviews for Project Management Project

By Hani M Z

Jan 10, 2021

Im very disappointed in this course. We are given very little time to submit a project. In fact, i was shocked that i had finished the first 2 weeks and then took a 1 day break and found out that my final project was overdue. More importantly, we are given no guidance or education on which softwares to use. If this was for entry level individuals, then maybe you could assist us with this huge problem. I posted on the forum and nobody answered my question. The deadlines are too short for such a big undertaking, and there is no grantee that my project will be reviewed if one is too late to submit, so what is point in continuing with my time and effort? Surely, i have seen people from 6 months ago still waiting for a review of their work in the forums, so again, what is point in continuing. The end result is that i cannot obtain my certificate for the full program completion, but at least i have certificates for the courses i completed.

By Alexandra L

Apr 16, 2018

I did the full specialization for Project Management from UCI. I am very disappointed that no one (teachers or mentors) answers questions. Also, due to a technical glitch, I got no feedback on my final assignment and apparently the 3 peer reviews that I did were not sent to my peers.

As a result, the course has overall very little added-value.

By Gunasekara, M T

Nov 15, 2020

After completing the entire course there is only four separate certificates. Nothing to show our continuous engagement and specialization. Waste of time in a way.

By Beverley A

Mar 30, 2021

I am extremely disappointed that after four weeks of completing my final project I am still waiting for my grade.

By Gautham B

Nov 22, 2016

I'm not able to submit my assignments

By Jimit S

Jan 16, 2017

This is a gigantic waste of time