Back to Providing Social, Emotional, Behavioral, and Special Education Services in School

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Providing Social, Emotional, Behavioral, and Special Education Services in School by University of Colorado System

Welcome to our the third course in the School Health specialization: Providing Social, Emotional, Behavioral, and Special Education Services in School. In this course, you will learn about how social-emotional skills, mental health, and learning are related. We will focus on how schools can support social-emotional learning and promote mental health for all students. We will walk through the reasons that schools should promote student mental health. Next, we’ll review school wide activities to support skill development and prevent social, emotional, and behavioral challenges. Then, we’ll identify strategies for students at risk of developing problems. Finally, we’ll highlight interventions that can be used for students who have significant mental health needs. We will emphasize the ways that schools think about mental health problems and provide services for students with disabilities, which is different than in medical or mental health settings. As part of the course, we will introduce two students to help all of this information come alive. Prepare yourself to learn about an essential piece of student wellness—social-emotional health....

EB

Jun 04, 2019

I absolutely love this course! I wish that I knew and understood this information when my children were in school. I am much better equipped to help other parents and students now.

L

Dec 30, 2019

VERy important information. However, quizzes seemed to test memory rather than critical thinking, If you misspell a word or provide an original response yo will be marked WRONG.

26 - 49 of 49 Reviews for Providing Social, Emotional, Behavioral, and Special Education Services in School

By nuning s w

Jan 25, 2020

I love the course and I learn a lot from the teachers

By K. R

May 22, 2020

It is very useful.I am very much interested.

By Emma I R

Dec 03, 2019

Wonderful education and good information !

By Ashwitha G K

Jul 05, 2020

VERY HELPFUL DURING WORKING PLACES

By anisha b

Mar 25, 2019

awesome as a introductory course .

By Jaclyn N

Mar 17, 2020

Great beginning knowledge course.

By Kurian K M

Jul 06, 2020

A simple and inspiring course.

By Thayalani N G

Mar 27, 2019

very good lesson and topics

By Miguel S C

Jul 03, 2020

Good !!

By Oleksandra V

Jun 23, 2020

For me this cource was very helpful and could clarify a lot of approaches of social services in school in the USA. I'm sure the materials were not so complicated to know them by heart and at least tell them, not read like our lecturers did. imho

By Nathália P T B d M

I think the material provided by the course is quite rich in information of different natures, however I believe that researchers could have explored this information better

By Ajmal A H P

May 22, 2020

One more case study will make this course more understandable and clear

By LuXinyu

Jul 21, 2020

Very nice! But I hope there can be more examples

By PUJA G

Jul 18, 2020

VERY HELPFUL COURSE .HAPPY WITH THE COURSE .

By JAHFAR M

Jun 18, 2020

Good course and useful for society.

By Jemilie P

Jul 21, 2020

Though the course was meant for an American school setting, some of the methods were applicable for schools in another country.