Back to Psychological First Aid

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Psychological First Aid by Johns Hopkins University

Learn to provide psychological first aid to people in an emergency by employing the RAPID model: Reflective listening, Assessment of needs, Prioritization, Intervention, and Disposition. Utilizing the RAPID model (Reflective listening, Assessment of needs, Prioritization, Intervention, and Disposition), this specialized course provides perspectives on injuries and trauma that are beyond those physical in nature. The RAPID model is readily applicable to public health settings, the workplace, the military, faith-based organizations, mass disaster venues, and even the demands of more commonplace critical events, e.g., dealing with the psychological aftermath of accidents, robberies, suicide, homicide, or community violence. In addition, the RAPID model has been found effective in promoting personal and community resilience. Participants will increase their abilities to: - Discuss key concepts related to PFA - Listen reflectively - Differentiate benign, non-incapacitating psychological/ behavioral crisis reactions from more severe, potentially incapacitating, crisis reactions - Prioritize (triage) psychological/ behavioral crisis reactions - Mitigate acute distress and dysfunction, as appropriate - Recognize when to facilitate access to further mental health support - Practice self-care Developed in collaboration with Johns Hopkins Open Education Lab....

ED
May 22, 2020

I am very happy and satisfied with the course program. In fact, I am excited to apply what I have learned and also looking forward to enroll in another course. Thank you for this learning opportunity!

IT
Oct 12, 2020

this opened my mind towards intervention needs in a catastrophic event. something like this is required more than ever now. the content of the course was very good and thorough. very nicely explained.

3926 - 3950 of 3,967 Reviews for Psychological First Aid

By Dyuti T

Oct 28, 2020

The course provided a good overview on how to help someone at times of acute distress but it didn't cover all aspects of it. It only provides you with the basic idea of PFA. I did find it helpful but felt it could have been more detailed.

By Himal k

May 2, 2020

Firstly i would to very very much thankful to this course.it help me in Many problem.this is a very fantastic course for everyone, I would like to suggest everyone to do this course,it is brain storming courses...

By Corina A B

Apr 24, 2017

I found the course good overall, but the tempo was a bit slow for me and I thought that the online lectures could have been provided in a shorter period of time. Ideal for a beginner, but I had some previous experience with PFA.

By Renee B

Apr 30, 2020

I would of gave 4 or 5 but with my own PTSD/Anxiety/Depression some things were harder for me to understand and focus but i feel i leave the course with much more skill for others and a small boost for my self thank you!!

By Virginia K

Jun 1, 2021

I enjoyed the examples, both bad and good. I wish there were a few more in a variety of situations, showing how to adapt when ______ happens. Some responses are not predictable and harder to manage.

By Mohammed S

Jul 14, 2020

Very beginner-oriented. The course content is excellent, however it is something that anyone with a basic medical degree might already know. Would have liked some more depth.

By Irha K

The lectures and the course were well-structured. However, it could've been tried to make it slightly more entertaining and/or to improve the outlook of the course.

By Simon T

May 7, 2020

Some of the quiz questions referred to the subsequent lecture as opposed to the previous ones. Was hard to answer questions that were not taught.

By Aino R E

Aug 8, 2021

I found the videos about the help were wrong. The guy spoke just fine about helping the distressed woman.

By Gloria L

Jul 2, 2020

Not so much could practice right away. Too many big words. But the stimulation is really helpful.

By Brett P

Apr 30, 2020

Was slow even at 1.5 speed but some good introductory info for those interesting in the topic

By Sara A

Aug 17, 2020

Needs more material and more information on how to implement the information in the field.

By Krissa J T

Jun 26, 2020

More situational examples could have been presented that are different in nature.

By Liz H

Aug 10, 2017

The professor was very dry, but it is good information to know.

By vidushi m

Jan 14, 2019

Its very informative and useful for all health care providers.

By Beatriz D A

Jun 29, 2020

Conteúdo muito interessante, porém slides/palestras monótonas

By Cary M

Sep 15, 2020

I've learned alot of this prior to taking this vourse.

By Giulia G

Jul 23, 2020

Good but a little repetitive and at times boring.

By Edward M

Jun 5, 2021

Overall good but some part is obviously biased.

By Ziying H

Jun 23, 2020

Not enough psychological things..

By Rayna S

Sep 4, 2020

very informati

By Yoganathan M

Sep 12, 2020

By HARI I

Sep 9, 2020

This is good course & useful for natural disaster time but based on free offer(Coursera Together: enroll today and get this course for free.Your discount will be applied automatically at checkout. Offer is subject to change and valid through 12/31/20.) I've completed this course & obtained 97% Marks too but iam not able to retrive my certificate, asking for payment. Iam waiting my review marks reply.

By Kelsie K

Jul 4, 2020

For me the class was very boring, and difficult to stay engaged.

The information is interesting, but it is presented in a way that is not engaging.

By Raymond H

Nov 18, 2020

For the most part the content of the course is fine, but there are some parts where the religion and politics of the lecturer really come out.