Back to Data Visualization with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Visualization with Python by IBM

"A picture is worth a thousand words". We are all familiar with this expression. It especially applies when trying to explain the insight obtained from the analysis of increasingly large datasets. Data visualization plays an essential role in the representation of both small and large-scale data. One of the key skills of a data scientist is the ability to tell a compelling story, visualizing data and findings in an approachable and stimulating way. Learning how to leverage a software tool to visualize data will also enable you to extract information, better understand the data, and make more effective decisions. The main goal of this Data Visualization with Python course is to teach you how to take data that at first glance has little meaning and present that data in a form that makes sense to people. Various techniques have been developed for presenting data visually but in this course, we will be using several data visualization libraries in Python, namely Matplotlib, Seaborn, and Folium. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

AM
Aug 13, 2020

Great course, one of the best course to get hands-on learning for Data Visualization with Python. Particularly the lap exercise, it will make you think on every line of code you write. Excellent!!!

Nov 20, 2019

It's a really great course with proper hands on time and the assignments are great too. i got enough opportunity to explore the things which were taught in the course. Really Satisfied. Thanks :)

201 - 225 of 1,350 Reviews for Data Visualization with Python

By Rakshit K

Jul 22, 2019

Course is really good to learn all the fundamentals of data visualization along with the advance techniques to master it. Assignments and practices are designed very well by the instructors and you would have to put all your efforts to understand and master all the course. Kudos to the IBM team

By Mathijs d G

Jul 21, 2020

Best course so far in the series. The labs are great, they make you really apply what you've learned.

The final assignment is a true test of your skill. You can't repeat what you've done in the labs or what you've seen in the videos. Perfect test of skill. I've learned a lot.

Thanks Alex Aklson.

By Amy E

Mar 19, 2020

The final assignment is excellent! It is not just straightforward but requires us to think and research, go beyond the basics learnt in this course. Amazing course! Just the right amount of videos, simple labs, and challenging yet effective assignment, I learnt a lot! Thank you Alex Aklson <3

By 朱晓琳

Apr 2, 2019

This course consist of most of plotting types with python, it's not only about matplotlib, but addtional tools and methods to create maps. It gives you a fabulous understanding about visualization using python. Completing this course, you will be able to demonstrate the data in ways you want.

By Zareef J

May 4, 2021

Liked how it covered a vast amount of topic related to data virtualization. The notebooks are really useful for taking help in future works. I did like too see more details explanation and practice problems related to the libraries used in the notebook exercises. Overall loved this course.

By Hemanth S

Though the videos were short and running fast the labs were well designed, the peer graded assignment is well prepared too. I feel more accomplished than before. Honestly, this course should've been suggested to be taken at least before 2 other courses that I already finished to get here.

By Gilberto B L

Mar 7, 2019

It was very good and interesting how to create different kinds of maps for different purposes, specially I liked the maps that you can embed in an image like the wordcloud using a mask from Alice in Wonderland, I will try to do something similar with another topic. Thank you very much.

By ira d G

Jul 12, 2020

I appreciate the way the Instructor always (always!) refer back to previous lessons, so that the transition to the next lesson becomes seamless. The lab also reviews past exercises so you are not at a lost (especially if you have not gone through the course for a while).

By Prabhakaran E

Mar 15, 2020

Content wise, the best course in IBM Data Science Professional Certificate, as the quiz, lab and assignment modules really tests your knowledge. It made me learn a lot apart from course content to earn the course completion. Kudos to the content creators Jay and Alex.

By Hong-ki L

Apr 29, 2019

As I have no coding experience, it is hard for me to follow the course material. To finish the assignment, one have to repeat the exercises in the labs until one has everything understood and remembered. Not a easy course but it gave me a sense of fulfillments.

By Thibault M

Dec 4, 2019

Excellent, this is a great course introducing and teaching visualization !

PS : You might read about people telling that some of the materials in the assignment is not in the course. It's false it's in the lab. These people should take notes while working.

By Manish P

Excellent Course. I would recommend that the first week of this course be included in the introductory courses in Panda analysis. It will allow the student to really see the value of Pandas over an Excel and provide more of a boost to learn quickly.

By Anthony T

Jan 30, 2020

a great course, data visualization is one of the topics that draws many people into the field of Data Science. I found it to be a very interesting course, one whose lessons I will return to often as I continue to build my knowledge and experience

By Bhaveshkumar C R

Dec 14, 2020

This is really great course. It covered all the contents related to data visualization with python. Now, I can say that I have a good amount of knowledge in creating data visualizations. A very thanks to the IBM community to make this course.

By Atikah F

At first I thought this course was the easiest among the 4 courses in this specialization. Turned out this course was the hardest but also worth spending time on because I have learned lots of applicable knowledge. Thank you Coursera and IBM!

By Jafed E G

Jul 6, 2019

By Javed A

Oct 22, 2019

What an outstanding way to learn such crucial skills from the world's best platform of Coursera.

I am feeling really proud to complete the course.

IBM Skills network labs are just speechless.

Jupyter notebook is just an amazing tool.

By George R

Jan 27, 2020

It was one of the better courses in this data science professional certificate. I like that the datasets didn't come prepared in advance in the lab exercises and I had to do some work on the on the data before creating the charts.

By Matt W

Mar 14, 2019

I felt this was hard. I realized this particular course forced me to review on how I needed to develop the mind set to become a data analyst and software developer. This class force me to learn more and keep going forward. Thanks

By Azka S F

Mar 1, 2021

For the lab that used the jupyter_dash library, it would be really helpful if you include a video that shows us how to fix or bypass the bug. Many are still confused about how to do it and just keep restarting their lab kernel.

By Lingjun K

May 12, 2019

I feel grateful for the challenge in the final assignment which help me to grasp the necessary skill sets in a way of learning while doing; a great experience good for the growth of both technique capacity and mental strength.

By Narayana P G

Oct 30, 2020

Very informative and challenging course in terms of formatting visualizations . Course material and hands-on-lab covers every basic aspect. Although, the assignments maybe hard, the quest to get answers teaches a lot more.

By Simran P S

Jan 19, 2020

interesting course, but i really faced a challenge doing the assignment, i guess it would be better if assignment questions were covered in Labs session also. The assignment was over the top, and tougher to get it correct.

By Saravanan S

May 16, 2020

This course is a foundation for those who wants to master data visualization. All the video modules are short and crisp. The lab sessions are very good and explanatory too and covered all the concepts comes under a topic.

By Ashutosh P

May 21, 2019

Best course for understanding the data visualization libraries of python and easily elaborate by sir. Thank you sir for this course, great experience to solve lab practical problems and quizzes and all. Thanks a lot sir.