Back to Qualitative Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Qualitative Research Methods by University of Amsterdam

In this course you will be introduced to the basic ideas behind the qualitative research in social science. You will learn about data collection, description, analysis and interpretation in qualitative research. Qualitative research often involves an iterative process. We will focus on the ingredients required for this process: data collection and analysis. You won't learn how to use qualitative methods by just watching video's, so we put much stress on collecting data through observation and interviewing and on analysing and interpreting the collected data in other assignments. Obviously, the most important concepts in qualitative research will be discussed, just as we will discuss quality criteria, good practices, ethics, writing some methods of analysis, and mixing methods. We hope to take away some prejudice, and enthuse many students for qualitative research....

KF
Dec 20, 2018

I found this a very useful way of getting a basic introduction to qualitative research methods, without just sitting down with some text books. The content was engaging and at the right level for me.

DR
Oct 8, 2016

The teacher is really passionate, everything's very clear and easy to understand. It's full of all the basic knowledge one needs to know about qualitative research methods to begin working with them.

101 - 125 of 328 Reviews for Qualitative Research Methods

By Gholamreza S T

Mar 28, 2016

The content and material were really good, interesting and challenging. I wanted to thank you very much for this really great introductory course.

By Cleopatra N P

Aug 28, 2020

Thank you so much for putting together this course. I have learnt a lot. I enjoyed the enthusiasm of lectures. I am encouraged to study further.

By Jacqueline G

Jan 31, 2017

This course is so well done! The classes are taught with enthusiasm and the material covered is very interesting and valuable. Loved this class!

By Asha A P

Aug 26, 2020

Excellent course as an introduction to qualitative research methods. The teaching is also very energetic and lively and keeps your attention.

By Gerardo P

Aug 29, 2016

The course looks very interesting. The professor is very knowledgeable about the subject, so that makes learning it much easier. Thank you!

By Peter H

Jul 31, 2020

A very comprehensive course, new knowledge besides interview-techniques studied. Like analytical induction, grounded theory. Very helpful.

By Giorgia A

Jan 30, 2018

I've never seen a more passionate teacher than this. So refreshing and engaging! He was definitely born to do this and influence others.

By dexter

Jul 21, 2016

Very well explained. The guy in the video jumps and make it harder to be distracted. Nice. I hope to see more courses from you.

By Mrs. L S N

Nov 26, 2020

Delighted to be a part of this course. I wonder the efforts taken to design this course. Good explanation and motivating too

By Muhammed S

Aug 7, 2020

Great Course.. Helped me to understand the basics and some methods of qualitative research in theoretical and practical way

By Santhi S

Jun 6, 2020

I could learn a lot about qualitative research. I thank the faculty for delivering the lectures in an understandable way

By Nguyen T T

Jan 14, 2019

Very helpful course for social researcher. As a design researcher, I have learnt how to analyse data more effectively.

By Vibhor B

Oct 22, 2020

The best course in this specialisation - all thanks to the instructor's high energy teaching style. Much recommended.

By ryuichi O

Aug 11, 2017

Excellent course! I have got a comprehensive framework of qualitative study, which can lead to more detail learning!

By Bakhtiyar A

Jan 1, 2020

It was very useful for me. That's why I want to thank you. Thanks a lot. I wish you a lot of success in your works.

By Maud C

Aug 28, 2017

I found this course really lively and interesting. It provides good basis for further research works in sociology.

By Sathyan V

Aug 9, 2017

Got to know about fundamentals of qualitative research and the books that I should read to expand the knowledge

By Saim B K

Jan 13, 2017

Really good course. Gerben Moerman is really good instructor and also I'd never bored while watching his videos.

By Dr.Trishnika S

Jun 19, 2020

tHE LECTURES WERE FANTASTIC. THE ASSIGNMENTS WERE WELL DESIGNED AND IT WAS USEFUL .HIGHLY RECOMMENDABLE COURSE.

By Penelope R

Jan 9, 2017

This is a very well presented course packed full of relevant information. I especially enjoy the prof's energy!

By Kate W

Mar 3, 2016

The lecture videos are interesting, engaging, and informative, and the assignments are so much fun to complete!

By Landi C

Sep 15, 2020

Excellent introduction to qualitative research methods. Emphasizes actually doing projects during the course.

By Nicole B

May 14, 2018

I learned a lot and will probably continue with the other courses on qualitative research from this series. :)

By EDGARD M M

May 26, 2017

Very interesting course with a lot of material to support and interesting exercises to apply the knowledge.

By A S M

Jun 28, 2020

I enjoyed the course. It was not easy to score well in the assignments. That challenge encouraged me more.