Back to Qualitative Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Qualitative Research Methods by University of Amsterdam

In this course you will be introduced to the basic ideas behind the qualitative research in social science. You will learn about data collection, description, analysis and interpretation in qualitative research. Qualitative research often involves an iterative process. We will focus on the ingredients required for this process: data collection and analysis. You won't learn how to use qualitative methods by just watching video's, so we put much stress on collecting data through observation and interviewing and on analysing and interpreting the collected data in other assignments. Obviously, the most important concepts in qualitative research will be discussed, just as we will discuss quality criteria, good practices, ethics, writing some methods of analysis, and mixing methods. We hope to take away some prejudice, and enthuse many students for qualitative research....

KF

Dec 21, 2018

I found this a very useful way of getting a basic introduction to qualitative research methods, without just sitting down with some text books. The content was engaging and at the right level for me.

DR

Oct 09, 2016

The teacher is really passionate, everything's very clear and easy to understand. It's full of all the basic knowledge one needs to know about qualitative research methods to begin working with them.

101 - 125 of 276 Reviews for Qualitative Research Methods

By Sathyan V

Aug 09, 2017

Got to know about fundamentals of qualitative research and the books that I should read to expand the knowledge

By Saim B K

Jan 13, 2017

Really good course. Gerben Moerman is really good instructor and also I'd never bored while watching his videos.

By Trishnika C

Jun 19, 2020

tHE LECTURES WERE FANTASTIC. THE ASSIGNMENTS WERE WELL DESIGNED AND IT WAS USEFUL .HIGHLY RECOMMENDABLE COURSE.

By Penelope R

Jan 10, 2017

This is a very well presented course packed full of relevant information. I especially enjoy the prof's energy!

By Kate W

Mar 03, 2016

The lecture videos are interesting, engaging, and informative, and the assignments are so much fun to complete!

By Nicole B

May 14, 2018

I learned a lot and will probably continue with the other courses on qualitative research from this series. :)

By EDGARD M M

May 26, 2017

Very interesting course with a lot of material to support and interesting exercises to apply the knowledge.

By A S M

Jun 28, 2020

I enjoyed the course. It was not easy to score well in the assignments. That challenge encouraged me more.

By arpita s

Feb 22, 2018

Very detailed. Very engaging. Extremely well researched! More on Analysis and Writing would be appreciated

By Richard R

Jun 20, 2016

Very good course. The tutor is simply awesome! His passion oozes out through every thought, word, gesture.

By Giovanni G S M F

Oct 26, 2018

It´s a very interesting and useful course, the lecturer is very funny, and the contents are well exposed.

By Teri B

Jan 27, 2017

Engaging lecturer, relevant content. I was able to immediately use the content of this course in my work.

By Juan D d C R

Jul 30, 2017

Excellent in all ways! I enjoyed a lot doing field work and analyzing results from all over the world

By M. B

Jul 08, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. Highly recommend if you just want to brush up on your research skills.

By Dr. S H

Nov 01, 2017

Excellent Course. Very interactive. Faculty is excellent. Keeps the learner engaged for 8 weeks!!!

By Jose D N M

Dec 10, 2018

A really well prepared course! It could be good that some things of the course were updated

By Petko N M

Jun 20, 2017

It is a great course, though most of the recommended reading is inaccessible in my country.

By VIRGINIA R A

Jun 28, 2020

Excelente curso, aprendí mucho. El tiempo que se tiene para cursarlo me parece excelente.

By Huang h

Dec 22, 2015

This is a very good course that is helpful both to UG students and experts in this topic.

By hansoh

Dec 10, 2015

Very animated and enthusiastic instructor. Providing the lecture slides was very helpful.

By Rodrigo R F

Jan 02, 2018

Great course. Very important to understand basic concepts on qualitative research!

By Bertha I A T

Oct 04, 2017

I really liked the assignments given to put in practice what we learnt in class.

By Camiel p

Jul 15, 2020

Great stuff, really opened my eyes to the world of qualitative research methods

By MARK P T

Sep 01, 2017

This course helped me to understand more about Qualitative Research.

Very Good!!

By Humberto C C

Nov 26, 2015

A wordeful course. full energy and ideas for data analysis, Highly recommended