Back to Qualitative Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Qualitative Research Methods by University of Amsterdam

In this course you will be introduced to the basic ideas behind the qualitative research in social science. You will learn about data collection, description, analysis and interpretation in qualitative research. Qualitative research often involves an iterative process. We will focus on the ingredients required for this process: data collection and analysis. You won't learn how to use qualitative methods by just watching video's, so we put much stress on collecting data through observation and interviewing and on analysing and interpreting the collected data in other assignments. Obviously, the most important concepts in qualitative research will be discussed, just as we will discuss quality criteria, good practices, ethics, writing some methods of analysis, and mixing methods. We hope to take away some prejudice, and enthuse many students for qualitative research....

KF

Dec 21, 2018

I found this a very useful way of getting a basic introduction to qualitative research methods, without just sitting down with some text books. The content was engaging and at the right level for me.

AW

Aug 31, 2019

Really enjoyed this course. The lectures were engaging, the assignments applicable. I really enjoyed being able to review other classmates' assignments from around the world. Very cool concept.

76 - 100 of 234 Reviews for Qualitative Research Methods

By Meliha F A

Dec 22, 2016

Thank you so much for this wonderful lecture! For the first time, I enjoyed a research method course! I learned more than a lot! I look forward to see more lectures! Thank you, thank you!!

By Ivan J S L

Apr 07, 2020

I thought I have a pretty good background in qualitative research, but I was challenged more after I took this course, cause there is just a lot to go through! Recommending this course.

By Isaac O O

Feb 15, 2020

I knew a tiny fragment of qualitative research before I started this course but this course has imparted a lot of knowledge in me. I think I can now make a good qualitative writing.

By Stephen O

Sep 16, 2019

Genuinely engaging and challenging. The more I engaged, the more I made sense of the challenge. I finish with a new set of useful skills to take forward in work and life.

By Sophie S

Oct 18, 2017

Great teacher! He has boundless energy and enthusiasm. Because of this enthusiasm, learning is almost effortless. I would certainly recommend the course to others.

By Gholamreza S T

Mar 28, 2016

The content and material were really good, interesting and challenging. I wanted to thank you very much for this really great introductory course.

By Jacqueline G

Jan 31, 2017

This course is so well done! The classes are taught with enthusiasm and the material covered is very interesting and valuable. Loved this class!

By Gerardo P

Aug 29, 2016

The course looks very interesting. The professor is very knowledgeable about the subject, so that makes learning it much easier. Thank you!

By Giorgia A

Jan 30, 2018

I've never seen a more passionate teacher than this. So refreshing and engaging! He was definitely born to do this and influence others.

By dexter

Jul 21, 2016

Very well explained. The guy in the video jumps and make it harder to be distracted. Nice. I hope to see more courses from you.

By Nguyen T T

Jan 14, 2019

Very helpful course for social researcher. As a design researcher, I have learnt how to analyse data more effectively.

By ryuichi O

Aug 11, 2017

Excellent course! I have got a comprehensive framework of qualitative study, which can lead to more detail learning!

By Bakhtiyar A

Jan 01, 2020

It was very useful for me. That's why I want to thank you. Thanks a lot. I wish you a lot of success in your works.

By Maud C

Aug 28, 2017

I found this course really lively and interesting. It provides good basis for further research works in sociology.

By Sathyan V

Aug 09, 2017

Got to know about fundamentals of qualitative research and the books that I should read to expand the knowledge

By Saim B K

Jan 13, 2017

Really good course. Gerben Moerman is really good instructor and also I'd never bored while watching his videos.

By Penelope R

Jan 10, 2017

This is a very well presented course packed full of relevant information. I especially enjoy the prof's energy!

By Kate W

Mar 03, 2016

The lecture videos are interesting, engaging, and informative, and the assignments are so much fun to complete!

By Nicole B

May 14, 2018

I learned a lot and will probably continue with the other courses on qualitative research from this series. :)

By EDGARD M M

May 26, 2017

Very interesting course with a lot of material to support and interesting exercises to apply the knowledge.

By arpita s

Feb 22, 2018

Very detailed. Very engaging. Extremely well researched! More on Analysis and Writing would be appreciated

By Richard R

Jun 20, 2016

Very good course. The tutor is simply awesome! His passion oozes out through every thought, word, gesture.

By Giovanni G S M F

Oct 26, 2018

It´s a very interesting and useful course, the lecturer is very funny, and the contents are well exposed.

By Teri B

Jan 27, 2017

Engaging lecturer, relevant content. I was able to immediately use the content of this course in my work.

By Juan D d C R

Jul 30, 2017

Excellent in all ways! I enjoyed a lot doing field work and analyzing results from all over the world