Back to Qualitative Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Qualitative Research Methods by University of Amsterdam

In this course you will be introduced to the basic ideas behind the qualitative research in social science. You will learn about data collection, description, analysis and interpretation in qualitative research. Qualitative research often involves an iterative process. We will focus on the ingredients required for this process: data collection and analysis. You won't learn how to use qualitative methods by just watching video's, so we put much stress on collecting data through observation and interviewing and on analysing and interpreting the collected data in other assignments. Obviously, the most important concepts in qualitative research will be discussed, just as we will discuss quality criteria, good practices, ethics, writing some methods of analysis, and mixing methods. We hope to take away some prejudice, and enthuse many students for qualitative research....

KF

Dec 21, 2018

I found this a very useful way of getting a basic introduction to qualitative research methods, without just sitting down with some text books. The content was engaging and at the right level for me.

AW

Aug 31, 2019

Really enjoyed this course. The lectures were engaging, the assignments applicable. I really enjoyed being able to review other classmates' assignments from around the world. Very cool concept.

101 - 125 of 231 Reviews for Qualitative Research Methods

By Jose D N M

Dec 10, 2018

A really well prepared course! It could be good that some things of the course were updated

By Petko N M

Jun 20, 2017

It is a great course, though most of the recommended reading is inaccessible in my country.

By Huang h

Dec 22, 2015

This is a very good course that is helpful both to UG students and experts in this topic.

By hansoh

Dec 10, 2015

Very animated and enthusiastic instructor. Providing the lecture slides was very helpful.

By Rodrigo R F

Jan 02, 2018

Great course. Very important to understand basic concepts on qualitative research!

By Bertha I A T

Oct 04, 2017

I really liked the assignments given to put in practice what we learnt in class.

By MARK P T

Sep 01, 2017

This course helped me to understand more about Qualitative Research.

Very Good!!

By Humberto C C

Nov 26, 2015

A wordeful course. full energy and ideas for data analysis, Highly recommended

By Tessa C

Apr 26, 2020

The teacher is very nice and manages to transmit his passion for research :-)

By Alejandro S

Oct 26, 2018

The classes are very interesting and useful to improve your research skills.

By Emmanuel C

Apr 21, 2018

Really enjoyed the Course and the lecture really made it very interesting.

By Daniel O

Aug 20, 2017

Great starting off point for any one looking to do qualitative research.

By Ali

Nov 26, 2019

extraordinary course, it gave me a lot of ideas for my thesis research

By Erik E M R

Apr 08, 2018

Great course and amazing spirit and commitment from the faculty team!

Dec 24, 2015

An excellent teacher, interesting material, and demanding homework.

By 刘又一

Jan 10, 2016

It is a course really helping people not to go library many years.

By SUSANTA P

Jul 21, 2019

great course to understand the qualitative research methodology.

By Nina X

Oct 26, 2017

The passion of lecturer made the complicated terminology FUN!

By Pablo

Feb 09, 2016

Good course and teacher, learned a lot and kept me interested

By Zainab H

Oct 25, 2018

It was excellent. loved the enthusiasm of the teacher :)

By Joao P A

May 11, 2017

Very good! The samples and the theory were interesting!

By Henry A

Mar 21, 2020

Great professor, useful material, and good assignments

By Mirza J A C

Jun 14, 2018

I think is a very didactic course, and friendly.

By zabihullah I

Nov 27, 2016

unique course on qualitative research methods,

By FELIX O A

Feb 16, 2018

Awesome course. The lecturer did a great job.