Back to Quantitative Methods

LG

Jan 05, 2018

AL

May 08, 2018

It is well-structured and informative. The pop up questions are interactive and the animation is fun. I have learned a lot from the video instruction, recommended readings, and assignments. Thanks.

351 - 375 of 380 Reviews for Quantitative Methods

By Cesar G V R

Feb 16, 2016

Es buen curso

Es una buena introducción a la metodología de la investigación cuantitativa. Muy recomendable

By Andrzej W

Jul 03, 2017

It was a good course, although it could have been better with more practical approach. Thanks!

By Juan K A

Mar 16, 2018

I recommend it because in did increase my knowledge in social science methods

By joemclemon

Feb 02, 2017

Good content, good ideas, great examples. The forums were a little abandoned.

By Hanneke L

Jan 13, 2020

Love the videos and the clear explanations of all concepts discussed.

By Georgina D

Jul 08, 2019

Great course. Broad scope and hones in on important ethical aspects.

By ThomasIwalla

Mar 02, 2019

A very intensive course. Learnt a lot from the course so far.

By Jennifer P

May 08, 2016

Good pacing, good explanations, reasonable expectations.

By 婉佑 田

Aug 17, 2016

it's really good for a student in planning department.

By Toshan M

Nov 19, 2018

Good introduction to statistics and social science.

By Fabian G

Dec 02, 2015

Interesting and concise. Straight to the point.

By Bartosz K

Dec 10, 2015

Great content and delivered in a clear way.

By Juan S B M

Jan 12, 2017

very good course, well structured!!

By MYAT T W

Oct 03, 2019

effective for me

By Jamer N C A

Oct 29, 2015

Excelente!

By MUSA T S

Jan 24, 2017

good

By Marc Q

Jan 02, 2020

The content provided is of excellent quality, and videos are well explained. I only put 3 stars for 2 reasons. The first one, is that the “peer-reviewing” idea is not a good idea without language requirements to enrol in this course: at least half of the assignments I peer-reviewed were filled with vocabulary and grammar mistakes make it really hard the understand. In many cases as well, the assignments are so filled with mistakes that it is just impossible to understand. I therefore wonder, how such low English skills can permit some of us to read carefully and understand the texts used for the assignments.

The second point, is that in my opinion, the content remains very general. For instance a deeper analysis of each research designs would have been nice.

The course remains however extremely useful for whoever is interested in quantitative reasoning. I would recommend to pair this knowledge with that of books on each topic discussed.

By Stephen R

Oct 17, 2015

The actual educational value of this course is quite high. The score I can offer it in good faith is dragged down by the additional "assignments" like "Write you own quiz question!" and the expectation to review the quiz questions thought up by other students. Such things in a scientific course are unnecessary and may actually be counterproductive because of the reliance upon other students and their grasp of the material. If they are to remain part of this course, they really should be treated as supplementary and not required to complete the course. It really detracts from the experience for those of us who come here to learn and not to socialize.

By Bianca V

Mar 15, 2018

It was a well and clearly structured course. Although rich in content, it was enjoyable and useful to complete.

However, the course is missing a contingency plan in case somebody fails a session. Since assessments are peer reviewed, I do not see the motivation of my peers to come back and grade me again - which means I cannot complete the course on time despite, being on time with all assignments.

By Big W

Apr 08, 2016

mechanically it worked pretty well. just a little hard to figger out what's going on and what's important. what needs to be memorized and what just needs to be understood . . .

By Daniel M C

Dec 14, 2015

Just three stars so far, I've just started the course late... I think it looks good tho.

By smeets

May 28, 2016

very good course, but I never recieved the feedback I needed on the forum

By PHUONG T

Jan 12, 2017

Fairly good. Fundamental knowledge for researcher.

By Hafeez A

Oct 25, 2015

interesting and informative course.

By Jason M H

Mar 04, 2016

Over reliance on student grading. Material does not map well to the quizzes.