Back to Quantitative Methods

LG

Jan 05, 2018

AL

May 08, 2018

It is well-structured and informative. The pop up questions are interactive and the animation is fun. I have learned a lot from the video instruction, recommended readings, and assignments. Thanks.

101 - 125 of 479 Reviews for Quantitative Methods

By Eloisa V M

Feb 02, 2018

This course is exactly what I hoped it to be!

Synthetic but always clear, challenging and high-level.

I feel that I gained a good introductive knowledge of quantitative methods and I can't wait to follow the next courses.

I totally suggest it!

By Renu J

Mar 04, 2019

Very well structured course with relevant assignments that helps one apply what one just learned. Thank you for a comprehensive introduction to quantitative research methods. The cat example was awesome as were all the illustrations on the slides!

By Christelle C

Apr 06, 2017

The videos were very clear, concepts were explained in a funny and easy-to-understand way, and Annemarie speaks very clearly. The exams were well-written and easy enough to complete if the course was followed. I learned a lot through this course

By Laura R

Jun 04, 2020

A very well-organised and well-taught course. It was a lot more rigorous and difficult than I expected, and it took me more like 6-8 hours per week for each module with all the lecture videos, assignments and tests, but it was very worthwhile.

By Crystal G

May 24, 2019

Loved Annemarie Zand Scholten style of teaching. She is a great communicator and educator, making the materials accessible. The video quality and visual materials were excellent and greatly aided to understanding the material. thank you UA!!!

By Aivars Š

Nov 20, 2016

Very good starting course for Research Basics. Especially good for Quanitative research, but most of terminology can be applied to any research as main focus is on Hypo-decuctive research approach, which is basis for all research anyway.

By Meaghan O D

Sep 22, 2019

This was a really delightful course. I learned a lot about research design and design flaws in the social sciences. I would recommend this course to anyone looking to expand their knowledge of study design and ethical experimentation.

By Samantha T

Dec 23, 2019

The course was well-constructed, timeline reasonable, and material informative yet digestible.

If you are interested in a comprehensive intro-level course on quantitative research methods, you will not go wrong taking this course.

By Garima S B

Aug 22, 2019

I feel that the course was really great but the assignments really test you, especially if you're not from Psychology background. But the material provided helps tremendously! Also the bonus videos of interviews were really great.

Jul 19, 2016

This course is very insightful, and a great introduction into Quantitative Methods and questionable research practices! The instructor is very insightful, and communicates the information in a highly digestible manner! Thank you!

By Natalia C

Sep 13, 2015

I think this course is awesome. I recommend everybody to take it. Professor is excellent. Material is extremely useful. It doesn't matter your background you will find it very interesting. It will help you be a good researcher.

By Daniel B

Jan 06, 2019

The course was fun and the information was well presented and quantitatively ( :) ) absolutely manageable, even for people with full time jobs and other responsibilities. I'm looking forward to course number 2 of the module.

By Jonathan G

Oct 19, 2016

This was a great class suitable either for beginners in the social sciences or people who need to brush up on some basic concepts and theory. The use of relevant and consistent visual aids added a lot of value to the class.

By João M E C d S C

Apr 28, 2020

A really good approach to Quantitative Methods. I found this course to be highly appliable to other types of research designs, outside of social sciences. Annemarie is an excellent speaker and teacher. Highly recommend it!

By 刘又一

Jan 20, 2016

If you are a senior FBI, choose it. If you are a high-profile CIA, choose it. AHa. I am kidding, even, it's 100% true. However, if you are a social scientist, or if you are just one who is interested in it, choose it.

By Frederik L M

Apr 02, 2017

The course tackles very poignant and relevant aspects of research, and does so in a captivating and creative way. By the end of this course, you will be an expert on quantitative methods, no joke. No statistics included!

By Nguyen T H

Nov 23, 2017

I liked the course very much. The professor presented in a way that was easy to understand; the course was very well structured. I also liked the bonus videos, very useful!! Sincere thanks to the professor and the team!

By Efe S

Feb 01, 2016

This is a great course on research design! Especially if you complete all the assignments, there is definitely something you can learn from this course. (I mean, I teach research design and even I learned new things!)

By Paritosh D

Mar 26, 2018

Good course for people who are new to this branch of study. a robustly designed course with challenging assignments ( phew!!). Your progress through this course will be rewarding! From India, thank you to the team.

By Yuliya T

Mar 19, 2016

This course really helped me to filter out unnecessary and false information and do better quality researches. I always advise this study to people who could merit from it.

So far, the best course I have ever done.

By Rajshekhar I

Dec 16, 2015

I have benefited a lot from this course as a pre-cursor to my PhD work. getting to learn from international experts is a greatest benefit of MOOC. thanks to the faculty and coursera to make this available online.

By Leitha M

Dec 13, 2015

I really enjoyed this course. The concepts and expectations were clear, the quizzes had good explanations for the answers, and the illustrations really helped to make each of the topic areas more understandable.

By Edison K

Jan 20, 2019

Loved every single minute of it!!!!! Very educational and done in a simplistic way and presented in engaging animations. Hats of to the team. Looking forward to more research kind of courses. Best wishes!!!

By Renzo L

Dec 21, 2015

Excellent course. Very tidy and high quality of the visual presentations. In addition, its objectives are pretty clear from the beginning and the evaluation tasks are closely related to the course's topics.

By Tessa C

Apr 15, 2020

Very well structured and very motivating course! For a cat lover like me it was a pleasure to find so manyexamples with cats. I would have liked to have received model solutions for evaluative assignments.