Back to The Business of Product Management II

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Business of Product Management II by Advancing Women in Product

Sponsored by AMAZON WEB SERVICES (AWS). Learn real-world PM lessons from Amazon, Tesla, Uber, WeWork, Zoom, the United States Armed Forces, Facebook, Google, Alphabet, Poshmark, Slack, Twitter, Headspace, Walmart Labs, Humana, Schwab, Allianz, Amex, Grohe, Amazon, Costco, Progressive, Activision, Yelp, H&M, Basecamp, Microsoft, and more! Featuring NANCY WANG, Head of Data Protection Services, Amazon Web Services; Founder and CEO, Advancing Women in Product; VERONICA PINCHIN, Director of Product Management, Sidewalk Labs; KATE ZHANG, Product Manager, Instagram; and BARKHA SAXENA, Chief Data Officer, Poshmark....

EH
Feb 13, 2021

I learned a lot in this course and feel much more confident about going into a future career in product management. All of the videos and assignments were interesting and engaging.

PR
Sep 22, 2020

Running startup is tough. All the lessons covered here gave me valuable insights on where I am going wrong and how can I improve. Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Reviews for The Business of Product Management II

By Vera T

Jan 29, 2021

I got Product Management certification by finishing Real-World Product Management Specialization that was prepared and lead by Nancy Wang, a Head of Product at Amazon (AWS), who also was a Product Manager at Google and is a CEO and Founder of Advancing Women in Product (AWIP). Nancy shares her knowledge gained throughout her career in those extremely successful companies.

The specialization is a combo of 4 courses to learn product management from different perspectives: customer obsession, market sizing, competitive analyses, success metrics (like KPIs, OKRs, North Stars, A/B/n tests, NPS, CSAT, CES, cohort analyses, LTV, pricing, and financials), etc.

The big advantage of this course is it helps you to create your own portfolio through studying all 4 courses by developing your own product using real-life PM tasks during product management lifecycle from inception till launch. Each task takes about an hour. This work is peer-reviewed and you get real feedback. Even though it is quite time-consuming to do those practical assignments and peer review assignments of other students, it helps to get practical knowledge and learn things by doing, which is especially extremely important for folks who want a transition to a PM role and have no real experience yet.

Another advantage is that you get trained using real PM interview questions. Nancy shares questions from giants like Amazon, Google, Facebook, and Microsoft and helps to master their Behavioral, Product Design, Strategy, Estimation, and Technical interview questions.

Also, it was super useful to listen to interviews and panels that Nancy did with successful senior Product Managers and Leaders in Product where they shared their experience, insights, and tips for PM career, things they are looking for in PM candidates.

On top of that Nancy shares great sources for networking to advance your career as a Product Manager.

I highly recommend every Product Manager to take this up!!

Thank you to Nancy Wang and the rest of #AWIP for putting this course together!

I learned so much that I am excited to take into my current and future roles.

By Naveen K S

Oct 31, 2020

This specialization and courses are one of the best things that happened to my product manager career. Loaded with practical insights and the perspective from the best in world product minds. This specific course deals with the critical day to day activities of the product managers and best practices to effectively use it. Really Loved it!

By Leonardo T

Nov 1, 2020

This course was spectacular, very complete, very good study material and all the topics are very up-to-date, the best were the practical activities because they simulated real situations and had to analyze what was explained in the videos.

One of the best courses I have done in coursera

By Tisa H

Dec 22, 2020

I loved the Business of Product Management I so much that I decided to do this one - I learned SO SO MUCH IN THIS COURSE. It was quite challenging, but that's what it takes to upskill in my career. Can't wait to do the next course in this Specialization!

By Francesca P

Jan 17, 2021

Would like more examples of how to calculate the LTV where to find the competitor's numbers for this as well as when comparing competitors if they are not publicly traded how to find an income statement.

By Daman D

Nov 12, 2020

Hey! Again, great course. Had an immersive experience learning the nuances around Product Management.

Will it be possible to get access to the "onenote" document you refer to for discussions? Thanks.

By Erica H

Feb 13, 2021

By Priyesh R

Sep 23, 2020

By Bahadir K

Oct 1, 2020

Loved all the topics and very relevant to practical product management.

By Mary S

Feb 20, 2021

Great course.Real world problems to solve. Like a mini-MBA.

By Gordon

Sep 15, 2020

How can you improve on perfection? With this course.

By Jigger S

Feb 21, 2021

Excellent Content! Learned a lot!

By anil p s

Jan 21, 2021

Superb Course !!

By Cristobal F G

Feb 10, 2021

Amazing!!!

By Erick A

Dec 27, 2020

Great quality of contents, I am really fan of the do one, see one, tech one approach. Recommended for everyone who is planning to start her career as PM or that wants to strengthen concepts. Nancy is an excellent presenter.

Only thing that I did not enjoy was that a user was making a fool of himself, submitting nonsense content in the activities (I guess to pass the course?) I reported him couple of times but as I made progress I kept seeing his submissions. While I was able to review others after each report I'd like to see more control on the Course owners so ill intentioned users are temporarily blocked or banned.

By Leonie A M

Jan 3, 2021

While the ethics of "addicting your customer" and general psychological techniques to maximise "virality" and addiction to a product were briefly discussed, the ethics and legal framework for using personal data of users was not at all touched. I feel that this is quite an oversight in particular since failures to protect personal data can now have serious consequences due to new regulations, in particular in the EU.

By R L

Jan 15, 2021

Overall this course feels like a good introduction to understanding your customer, running AB testing and improving with feedback, agile management methodology, and finances of a product. I found the quizzes to be difficult in this course as some of the questions were worded in a confusing way and the lectures often used many names for something that was different from what was referred to in the quiz.

By Tory G

Feb 1, 2021

Nancy does a great job teaching and bringing in industry experts!