Back to Responsive Web Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Responsive Web Design by University of London

In this course you will learn how to apply concepts from interaction design and human computer interaction in order to design and build an interactive, professional looking website. You will learn how to make your web page designs adapt to different screen sizes using responsive grid layouts. You will learn how to add navigation and other design elements, and you will learn how to separate data and display using JavaScript objects and templates. At the end of the course, you will be able to: 1. Explain why users need to know where they are, where they can go and what is on a web page 2. Create wireframe mockups of web pages 3. Identify the key functional elements of web pages 4. Use Bootstrap components to realise page designs 5. Use JavaScript data structures such as arrays and objects to define the data used in a web page 6. Use the Handlebars template library to convert data to HTML 7. Add interactivity to templates using JavaScript event listeners In this course, you will complete: 1 website design assignment taking ~1 hour to complete 1 programming assignment taking ~1 hour to complete 4 quizzes, each taking ~20 minutes to complete multiple practice quizzes, each taking ~5 minutes to complete Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes....

FV
Jan 20, 2016

I gave four stars for the previews course of the specialization but I have to tell that week 2 and 3 of this course are outstanding. Teachers are really putting students in the right direction.

KG
Jul 19, 2020

Enough concise coverage for the student to build on top. The emphasizes on the pointers to good web experience, in a sea of options, this course is the lighthouse that will guide your way.

301 - 325 of 395 Reviews for Responsive Web Design

By Eyyub S U

Apr 20, 2021

Hey, thanks for the enormous support to instructors and Coursera. I would be happier if content of this module was larger and filled with more assignments. Best regards

By Peter S

Dec 30, 2018

The course is a great broad overview but I think you guys should include links to really in depth materials so that someone can dig into it deeper if/when they want to.

By André P

Sep 23, 2019

I thought the course was a little fast. I think I've learned more on Responsive Web Design Basics because we had the opportunity to code along with the teacher.

By Atharva B

Mar 30, 2018

Everything was great but it should be notified that "This course would contain some Jquery" as last 2 weeks were pain in my back. Thank you very much.

By Niek T

Sep 6, 2017

Good course, I liked the fact that the final assignment had a challenge extra which made the assignment a little more difficult and interesting.

By Karem A F

Dec 17, 2015

it was a good Course and i learnt a lot of information from it , it gives you info about a lot of things that hard to find any where else

By Andrea W

Nov 24, 2015

The course covered a lot of amazing things, but perhaps was too much too fast. I'm definitely not ready to move on to other things.

By Brenda R

May 21, 2018

Course was great. Only issue was in one assignment, they had a bonus question, that ended up being graded. It was worth 33%.

By Manogna M

Nov 16, 2015

This is a great course to get to know how to build responsive websites. However, I think some basics were glossed over.

By Andre R

Jan 23, 2016

Great course!

However some lectures were reused from another specialization and they didnt fit well on this version

By Alexander B

Apr 12, 2016

Sometimes not all aspects were properly explained, but I liked the course overall. Would definitely recommend.

By Eugene T

Nov 12, 2015

Pace and content of the course is just nice. However, it would be good if more lecture slides were provided.

By Panteleeva T

I was great online course! It would be great to implement more practice in the end of each week

By Kish M

Apr 2, 2020

Was great but because I'm not that advanced in Web design, I had some problems with the course.

By Muhammad U

May 8, 2017

it was my first good experience on online certification. I really like the teaching techniques.

By Dana N

May 12, 2016

Great, helped me understand data driven websites and how to use JSON data with a template.

By Mzobanzi M

Oct 24, 2017

This is a great course, I enjoyed it. Very relavent. Great perspective of web design

By Chandrasekhar R M

Mar 4, 2016

Its nice .But i don't have time for Assignment work .i feel good on templates.

By Bukunmi

Oct 31, 2016

Very Nice course good to get a hold of how HTML, CSS and JavaScript works

By Supriya

Jun 1, 2020

It was a very interactive course, I loved the lecture given by expertise.

By DARPAN K A S

Apr 7, 2020

Last assignment was little tricky as a designer I felt its little complex

By Ahmed E

Feb 5, 2016

this a very brife interested course to begin your responsive design .

By Mihajlo

Jan 21, 2016

Great course - learned a lot. Very useful and relevant information.

By Aazir M

Jan 10, 2017

Having different instructors for different modules is confusing

By Rajdip m

Apr 27, 2020

great course but javascript basics could be a bit elaborate