Back to Responsive Website Tutorial and Examples

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Responsive Website Tutorial and Examples by University of London

4.2

In this course, we will show you exciting examples of collaborative, interactive web applications that use various types of media including sound, images and big data. We will show you how to build sites that provide precisely this functionality, using Meteor. We will also provide fully working example application code that you can use for your own commercial web projects. The course also provides a range of advice and suggestions about how to develop bespoke web applications which match the requirements of clients, where clients are people who commission the product or people who use the product. We will take you through the development of the following applications: 1. A portfolio website with collaborative blogging functionality. 2. An interactive, realtime, multi user music remixing system. 3. An interactive, online graffiti wall where users can collaborate to create graphics. 4. An interactive data visualisation platform for exploring and plotting big data in exciting ways. At the end of this course, you will be able to: • Implement animated data visualisations and graphics using advanced user interface libraries such as vis.js • Work with external data sources • Create multi user, realtime, collaborative environments • Use media APIs such as the Web Audio API Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes....

JR
Feb 21, 2016

Great course, give me the challenge to test me with different scenarios out my comfort zone. Now I am really comfortable to plan my Capstone.\n\nThanks a lot guys !!!

ZB
May 21, 2017

Exciting course that connects all the previous course's materials together into a professional backdrop. Very rewarding and I can't wait to take the capstone!

51 - 60 of 60 Reviews for Responsive Website Tutorial and Examples

By Diego A N

Mar 31, 2020

Outdated

By Randy R

Mar 9, 2020

I found this course to be the least-useful of the specialization. Additionally, there are elements of the assignments that don't work and at one of the end-of-week quizzes (the 10-question quizzes) has a wrong answer: week 2, question 3. To top it all off, it took several weeks past the end of the course for my last two elements to be graded and for me to get a completion on the course.

By Dijup T

May 31, 2016

It would have better if the talking and coding was at the same time so that we can see its relative changes, which we can see in previous course.

By giannis k

Feb 10, 2021

nothing is working right ,need updates and many times rewrite to codes to run them

but except that everything was awesome as always

By Eszter K

May 11, 2016

Nothing new to learn here, this is very dull in contrast to other courses of this spec. I gave up watching the videos after a while and try to pass anyway. Too bad this is part of this spec, I wish Marco or Matthew taught this course too. This course is very hard to follow and not interactive at all. It should take the students through examples, live examples the student can do too, and things the student builds from scratch. This does nothing like that.

DON'T take this course if you aren't after the specialisation certificate. It's not worth the time and effort.

Too bad this spec includes this course, it shouldn't be here.

By Richard d V

Jan 6, 2016

This is a complete waste of time. The other courses were really good but with this course I:

Learned nothing new

Unlearned best practises from the previous courses

Mick doesn't seem to understand what he is presenting himself at times, the supplied code does not match the video's, the assignments change when I already submitted it (from upload a zip to deploy) and the assignments are copy pasted. I think it would help to take this part out of the specialisation.

By mghachi

Jan 26, 2017

Nul. Null. Null! Vous allez vous casser le nez avec Meteor. En plus, ce n'est pas avec Meteor que vous trouvriez du travail. En plus.... y'a peu de gens inscrit à ce cours... 3 mois et pas encore quelqu'un pour corriger mon dernier cours...... De la foutaise de la part de Coursera!

By Valentino M

Jun 9, 2016

There's no support from the staff. The staff is completely absent in the recent discussion forums, it seems they have abandoned the course few months ago.

You have your assignments evaluated by only one peer, and that doesn't protect your final grade from wrong evaluations.

By Chantal

Oct 18, 2021

The course is outdated, errors occur when loading the docs. You have to find out for yourself on the internet how to fix the errors. This course is based on Bootstrap 3!!

waste of money, waste of time

By January J

Apr 28, 2018

I actually do not like this course, which is surprising because I really enjoyed the other courses in this specialization. I don't care for this instructor, and the example code routinely has bugs.