Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

AL
Jun 3, 2019

This was an amazing course that really helped me with my medical writing skills and understanding how making things clear for all audiences can help in spreading scientific knowledge across the world.

KK
Sep 14, 2020

Hello Kristin\n\nThank you for teaching me the basics of academic writing and editing with proper grammar. In this course, I was introduced to the scientific panel which further enriched my knowledge.

326 - 350 of 2,024 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Ishan T

Jul 19, 2020

Really helped me polish my writing skills for scientific writing. The contents are very comprehensive and well delivered. This course helped me to get started in my journey of writing in the sciences. Huge thanks to all the instructors and Stanford University for offering this course online.

By Devin M

Aug 17, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. The modules were broken up into bite-sized pieces that made the material easy to digest. The optional demo videos were excellent--it was great to see the skills we were learning in action. I thought the examples were all fantastic. Thank you for a great course!

By Jessica W

Jul 7, 2020

The Writing in the Sciences course has been very informative and interesting! The 8 week course was just the right length to be useful but not take up a lot of time. I would definitely recommend this course for those who are writing journal articles, thesis chapters and articles on science.

By Brandy M

Dec 11, 2020

This is a wonderful course from Stanford and it's full of very useful and concise information! I love the interactive "quizlets" and forum discussions. The instructor, Dr. Kristin Sainani is very organized with the slides and presents in a way you can easily understand. HIGHLY recommend!

By Saintus Z

Mar 23, 2021

The course is very useful, but the fact that all the topics was focused on medical science which I'm not used to, it was very difficult to me to understand some homework due to the lack of medicine-related vocabularies. You may take it into account. Thank you i learned a lot by the way.

By King C

Jan 6, 2021

Being someone who has always loved stem and had a bit of an internalised hatred towards being forced to write, this course was surprisingly pleasant. Very good and helped clear up some skills that I already had and new ones I didn't as well as helping me with application of said skills.

By Panagiotis P

Nov 21, 2019

Totally worth-attending. It is much better than good. From week 5 you will obtain a different perspective on scientific paper. You always knew deep inside that something isn't exactly right with the way you write your papers. Dr. Sianani has done an amazing job putting things in order .

By Satoh M

Mar 26, 2020

This course helps you to understand the key point for writing science documents. When you follow all the module, you can learn the key point about how to write the article, review comments, and social media. I recommend the people involved in the science filed should take this course.

By Dushyant M

Aug 7, 2020

Writing in Science- a course by Coursera and Stanford- is one of the best. The course engages the student with the logical and simple flow, material, and excellent explanation by Dr. Kristin Sainani. It has helped me to understand better the thought process of writing and peer review.

By Erica L A L

Jul 8, 2020

It was a pleasure to participate on this curse! The classes were great and the teacher is amazing. The things I learned about writing in the sciences are already being usefull for me as a Med Student who wants to be in academics. i recommend it to everyone who wants to write better!

By George P

Mar 22, 2018

Very nice material and the presentations were excellent. I believe, i greatly improved my writing but also my reading skills. But, it covers a lot of topics and unfortunately sometimes the approach seems superficial. After you get passed the first 2 weeks it gets really interesting.

By Linh H N

Dec 25, 2019

This course totally opened my point of view on how a medical paper was written. The module curriculum is logical, the materials are brief, the instructor is humorous! Everything is perfect! Thank you so much, Stanford Online, for bringing such an amazing and essential course to us!

By Ana V

Aug 20, 2019

Great content! Amazing teacher! it really helped me to clearly understand how all aspects of writing in the sciences work, very helpful topics. Thank you for sharing this kind of content with us. I am from Brazil and was able to do it from here. One of the best courses I ever took.

By Adina M

Mar 19, 2018

Excellent course! I enjoyed listening to the teacher she is absolutely fantastic and the course is really well presented. I feel like I've learned a lot and I took notes most of the time so I can go back and revise if required. I recommend this to anyone who wants to write/publish.

By Beyza Ö

Jul 14, 2021

I​f you are in the process of writing a scientific -especially a medical- article, you will benefit a lot from this course. It was challenging for me because English is not my native language but if you are in the field, this course also gives you a chance to improve your English.

By Rupesh B

Mar 17, 2020

Thanks to coursera for this wonderful course. This is very helpful for every scholars no matter from what field he/she is coming. From this course one can learn a to z of scientific writing, from how to write a paper to how to edit one. All the credit goes to Dr.kristiani sainani.

By BRAHMA T M

May 14, 2018

The course was useful. I liked the structuring of the course, and also the brief introduction to the various forms of writing in sciences. It is very well thought of by the instructor, and I appreciate the effort she has taken for setting up the structure of the course. Thank you.

By Paul B

Apr 26, 2020

I have completed a few writing courses and this is by far the stand-out. It is very comprehensive and provides lots of real examples and opportunities to practice.

I highly recommended this for project managers - as often effective writing proves the main barrier to their career.

By RUI J M S

Oct 27, 2021

E​xcelente curso. Irei recomendar a todos os que estão interessados em se tornar profissionais em escrita científica.

P​arabéns à Prof. Kristin Sainani, pela excelente forma como consuziu todo este curso, e pela forma brilhante com que conseguiu passar a mensagem.

M​uito obrigado.

By Reham M

Aug 19, 2020

This is an intensive and useful course. The information is good and the practice will improve or fine-tune your skills and you can learn some tips too.

Highly recommend the course for individuals at all stages of their scientific writing, as there is something for everyone here.

By yekta g

Jul 26, 2020

That is very practical with very useful examples for beginners. This course have tried to cover differnet aspects of science writing and the instructor information is surprisingly wide and thourough. Her English accent is great that you can understand her explanation easily.

By Loretta

Jul 6, 2021

This was top-notch university level course. Dr. Sainani was a wonderful communicator. I appreciated the thoughtful course design because it included all of the potentially useful topics for either a researcher or medical professional. The media unit was a pleasant surprise!

By Laura C

May 27, 2021

I found this course extremely helpful as a novice writer and new doctoral graduate student. Excellent overview of the key elements of science writing. I learned several simple and effective tips to make my writing more concise, understandable, and captivating to the reader.