Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

IA

Aug 26, 2020

A very helpful course. My writing has improved significantly in these 8 weeks. I highly recommend this course to everyone. Thank you Dr. Kristin Sainani and Coursera for bringing this course together.

SD

Feb 26, 2020

Respected Dr.kristiani sainani madam and coursera.\n\nI thank you for the wonderful classes and presentations, it really didn't made me feel that i was learning online course but as in class learning.

176 - 200 of 1,278 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Maria L B

Mar 18, 2019

Writing in the Sciences course will give you a really good notion about writing an article, grants and other documents that are present in the scientists day-to-day life. I am a portuguese native speaker and for me the tips gave in the course were really straighfoward and they will certainly help me a lot. I really recomend this course.

By Kevin L S

May 06, 2018

Professor Sainani does a great job highlighting the most important parts of writing for the sciences. This course has been very helpful in improving my skills as I now have the basics to begin developing my goals in writing and what areas I need the most improvement in. I recommend this course for anyone interested in science writing.

By Lisa H

Mar 16, 2018

The best writing online course since long time! It gave me new and relevant insights on scientific optimized writing, and much more! Thank you Stanford University and warm regards to the best professor a foreigner as me (Italian:-) could ever desire: Kristin Sainani.

Hope to enroll soon in another course in line with this one!

Lisa Halfon

By PL

Jul 30, 2020

I wished I learned about these writing gems as a graduate student, and it's never too late to learn. I have a greater appreciation for improving my scientific writing and communication skills, thanks to Dr. Sainani. She is encouraging, funny, and incredibly intelligent. This is a course not to be missed -it can change your career.

By Nadezhda K

Jun 05, 2019

This is a very useful and well-structured course that helps you to become better in writing. I feel that my knowledge has been widened. I learn a lot of new information about unnecessary words, how to write clearly and briefly, about punctuation, correct vision of graphics, tables, diagrams, etc. Thank you Kristin for your course.

By Amalia d A

Jul 09, 2020

This course gives young scientists or experienced scientists a chance to improve on their writing skills. It is well structured and gives you lots of insider tips on the scientific writing processes that are usually learnt from trial and error. I thoroughly enjoyed it and will benefit from the lessons learnt for many years to come.

By Amarjil

Jun 30, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. As an international student it is not easy to write research papers as it is not my first language. This course was very informative and helped me improve my grammar and professional writing skills. Professor Kristin's teaching was clear and engaging, and those slides were really helpful. Thank you!

By Christos K

Mar 21, 2020

This course was absolutely fantastic. It is very useful for both amateurs and experienced writers. It teaches you how the whole process of writing in the science is. Not only how you write, but also how your mind should be during writing. I recommend it for everyone who wants to participate in the writing of a scientific article

By Butu H M

Mar 25, 2018

I learnt a lot from this course. Listening to accomplished editors talk about their experience and how the rules are not as rigid as I was taught they were has helped me improve my writing a lot. I have learnt to let to cut down clutter. I have taken this course and read materials over and over to make sure I imbibe its lessons.

By Brenna S

Dec 04, 2017

This course provides in-depth discussion of every aspect of scientific writing imaginable -- from grammar basics to writing grants, preparing a manuscript for submission to a peer-reviewed journal, and writing letters of recommendation, this course has it all. I will certainly return to materials for refreshers in the future.

By Pankaj K

Aug 30, 2020

A big to thanks Dr. Kristin Sainani. it was wonderful experience for me, I have learned many principle of writing here. It was basic but majority of this skill I lacked, the way Dr. Kristin Sainani delivers the lecture it become very easy and interesting. Similarly the assignments and quiz helped in understanding the concept

By Liliana P M A

May 02, 2020

I really enjoyed this course! It gives students the tools to write in a clear, concise and focused way that they can apply to original articles, reviews, interviews, summaries, etc. The videos are very enthusiastic, compelling and easy to understand. I would surely recommend this course to any of my scientific colleagues.

By Anu D

Aug 03, 2020

This is one of the most informative and educational courses that I have taken so far. I would like to sincerely thank Prof. Kristin Sainani (n e Cobb) for such a comprehensive writing course in such a concise and organized format. I enjoyed the course and plan to use all my learning for writing articles in the sciences.

By Thirumurugan V

Being a non-native English speaker, this is my first online certificate course. Dr. Kristin Sainani becomes one of my favorite teachers. I felt like my language teacher in school, teaching a beautiful story. The way she talks and her edit makes me remember "Writing in the Sciences" whenever I thought of writing. Respect!

By Ana O M L

Jun 07, 2019

I am really thankful for the opportunity of being a student in this course. I have no words to say how much I learned and how it will be usefull in my carreer. Everything is great - the material, professor, interviews... I recommend this course for all those who wanna learn how to write better and also improve yourself.

By André P

May 01, 2019

This course is amazing. I would definitely appreciate a statistics or any other course professor Sainani offered in this platform. The themes are very relevant to academic writing in sciences. The logical organization flows naturally. I recommend this to undergraduate/graduate students seeking to improve their writing.

By Es-soufi H

Aug 07, 2020

Hi Stanford team and Coursera team,

I hope you are doing well. I found this course very helpful. I'm a reviewer for scientific articles and I'm planning to a writer medical. Before, I thought that the writing medical is very difficult! But by this, I became able to the initiative for writing medical.

Best regards, Hicham

By yezifangfan

Mar 19, 2019

I think this course is quite useful for beginners, especially those who start to write some scientific papers. Although I had some experiences in writing journal articles, what I learnt from the course really changes most of my ideas in writing, and also recearching. Thanks to all the teachers and the AMAZING COURSERA!

By Muhammad H S

Sep 16, 2020

It is the great course, I have done until now. It is a highly recommended course. It let me what scientific writing is. Also how to write introduction, materials and methods, results and discussion. This course will let you practice what you learn. So take this course and recommend it to your friends as well.

By Marek W

Jun 20, 2020

This is a very useful training in Academic Writing which provides real examples in a student-friendly manner. I highly recommend this course and I can only regret that it is an on-line course which does not allow for the interaction with the trainer as I would love to have my samples of writing graded by her.

By emer b

Aug 19, 2020

Wonderful course. There is so much to savour from these lectures and think it would do me no harm to do this course again. Simplicity and clarity and precision is really the key to beautiful scientific writing and I'm determined following this to work to incorporate writing/editing into my career. Thank you.

By Anish K S

Apr 29, 2020

This is a very useful course for any health professional with a research career. It not only taught me specifics about different forms of writing in scientific literature, but also provided me with confidence to build a strong research background. I sincerely thank Dr. Kristin for this wonderful opportunity.

By Rick L

May 13, 2018

I consider this course to be the best. I had done three writing courses under edX online, but they are not so focused as this. I especially love the two sessions, writing for the lay audience, and writing science news, I am superbly glad I did,. Thanks very much to Dr. Kristin S. for this wonderful course.

By Mary D

Aug 21, 2020

Excellent course. Very well designed and engaging. I loved the application of skills and the helpful

examples. The guest speakers were very informative. I feel much more confident to write papers and to present scientific findings to a lay audiences. Thank you very much for the wonderful gift of this course.

By Mc D L

Jul 18, 2020

This made me fall in love with writing and science more. I am forever grateful to Dr. Kristin. She has been a great instructor. Thanks, too, to those included in this online course - especially the Standford University. More power to you all and stay safe from COVID. Sending my love you from Philippines. <3