Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

AL
Jun 3, 2019

This was an amazing course that really helped me with my medical writing skills and understanding how making things clear for all audiences can help in spreading scientific knowledge across the world.

SD
Feb 25, 2020

Respected Dr.kristiani sainani madam and coursera.\n\nI thank you for the wonderful classes and presentations, it really didn't made me feel that i was learning online course but as in class learning.

501 - 525 of 1,914 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Jade M C

Apr 27, 2021

This course was excellent, it helped me a lot! I can already see the results – my writing process became more fluid and easy, and I sound clearer. Thanks a lot to Dr Kristin for all your lessons and insights :)

By Nina W

Jul 26, 2020

It was a great course-very engaging through the examinations and exercise. I would recommend it to all young, mid-career, and even senior scientists. There's something new that they will pick from this course.

By Bartolini B

Jan 26, 2021

I have been struggling to write scientific papers for years before understanding that writing in science is really enjoyable and it can be easily done with a bit more discipline. Thanks for the great content!

By Hanna

Dec 3, 2020

I enjoy the course but due to my time i keep rest my deadlines

i wish the examples to be more general rather than specific to Medical topics since not everyone familliar with the words context..

best of Luck..

By Haris H

Oct 16, 2020

This was a wonderful course......I learnt many new things about how to improve writing ....... the one thing we should learn is that we have to delete unnecessary often.....we need to focus on simplicity more.

By Jody J

Oct 3, 2020

Loved the details about decluttering. I’ve used it a lot in my work with positive results.

The modules on grants and social media were presented badly. They speakers used “um” a lot which was very distracting.

By rida E

Nov 1, 2019

Course designing was so impressive. This course covered all the minute but important points and details of Science writings. Her method of illustration is so calm and easy to grasp. Thanks for the opportunity.

By Anechka A

Apr 20, 2018

Kristin is an amazing instructor! Her teaching style and explanations are easy to understand. She is very knowledgable about the subject; and she speaks with passion and spark. I thoroughly enjoyed the course.

By Daniela B

Aug 14, 2021

This is a great course, especially if you are a young scientist with means of publishing your work. It starts with the basics and ends with the greater details, such as grant seeking and article publications.

By Cristina D

Jan 2, 2021

Dr. Kristin Sainani is an excellent teacher. It presents skills such as knowing how to mobilize resources, communicate, know how to weave, meanings, map relevance and maintain motivation throughout the

course.

By Rachel A

Sep 8, 2020

All of the videos were very well done. I appreciate the "face to face" at the beginning of each section and video because it makes you feel like you are actually in a class, rather than looking at a computer.

By Jessica S P

Apr 23, 2018

This course is excellent for those in the scientific field. The materials were clear and easy to understand. The dicussions remained active, and the mentors were always available to help. I really enjoyed it.

By Ima I

Jul 14, 2020

Dr. Sainani's positive flare and eloquent modules have made this course a remarkable one. The comprehensive discussion section - filled with brilliant and considerate peers - takes this course to next level.

By Sujatha R

Jul 15, 2020

I enjoyed every bit of this course and it gives me the confidence to think about a career in writing!

I'm thankful to the professor who took so much of effort to make this course engaging from the beginning.

By Radhika P

Dr. Sainani is a proficient, engaging, and thoughtful teacher. I have enjoyed every moment spent on this course; I look forward to applying all the concepts and tricks in my writing! Thank you Dr. Sainani!!

By JIMMY J

May 7, 2020

this is a great way to brush up the rules of writing in science especially during the lockdown (pandemic time). its a good way to check where you are going wrong or what you did right in scientific writing,

By Miss G F

Aug 5, 2019

This course was fantastic. I really struggle with writing concisely and I have had feedback from others that my writing style has greatly improved whilst taking this course and I hope it continues this way.

By Surangi T

May 10, 2021

I absolutely love Dr. Kristin Sainai's approach to this course. She is a very lively instructor and I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I certainly hope she would offer more writing courses on this platform.

By shaakira

Feb 13, 2021

The Instructor was very detailed in how to write scientifically. Both the quizzes and peer review writings helped me to better understand how to write scientifically a lot better than when I first started.

By Raksanan K

Oct 6, 2019

This course is very useful for a beginner like me. It provided all guidelines for writing in sciences from a manuscripts to a tweet! I really love this course and would recommend you all to give it a try!

By Annele S

Mar 13, 2021

Very good course. I have written over 20 publications and yet got very valuable tips and advice on everything. Now looking forward to writing, I think it will go much faster and with much better results.

By Artem M

Jul 14, 2020

It was an amazing course. I've gained important skills and figured a number of tips and tricks. I'd like to express special thanks to Kristin Sainani for her inspirational and extremely helpful lections.

By Beatrice F

I think Dr. Sainani is a great teacher, I learnt a lot from her lessons and I appreciated especially the explanations about how to write all the sections of the article. I strongly recommend this course!

By Helena R

Apr 12, 2021

I think this course should be a requirement for everyone in academia. Not only does it teach how to write logically and concisely, it also helps to understand the way scientists think (and communicate).

By Maximilian D

Oct 28, 2020

This course contains a wealth of important information on how to write good scientific prose, how to publish and how to write for a non-scientific audience. I found it extremely helpful and encouraging.