Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

AL
Jun 3, 2019

This was an amazing course that really helped me with my medical writing skills and understanding how making things clear for all audiences can help in spreading scientific knowledge across the world.

SD
Feb 25, 2020

Respected Dr.kristiani sainani madam and coursera.\n\nI thank you for the wonderful classes and presentations, it really didn't made me feel that i was learning online course but as in class learning.

551 - 575 of 1,914 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Neerja V

It was a great experience for me as it helped me to learn the skill of writing a scientific paper. The way Dr. Kristin explained the methods and presented the points of writing was spectacular.

By Elisabetta F

Dec 15, 2019

I'm an Italian Pharmacist and Medical Writer, so the subtitles have been very useful. I learned useful information about writing in the sciences, searching data and exposing results. Thank you!

By Aditi V

Dec 1, 2019

This is a fantastic course for people at any level of their science carrier. The knowledge I have gained here will help me in every writing foray - from grants to personal essays to blog posts.

By Jum'atil F

Apr 3, 2018

I started this course several years ago and stop. Two weeks ago I started again this course and I could finished it in two weeks. I found this course very helpful in improving my writing skill.

By JESSIELINA A

Aug 7, 2021

This course has helped me to develop the skills of writing, where to use jargon, how to write research article. How to write journals in an interesting way to increase the interest of readers.

By 尹 勇

Aug 23, 2020

this is the best course I've learned on the web and Dr. Kristin Sainani is a brilliant tutor I've ever seen. Thanks a lot, I will conclude my notes and improve my science writing step by step.

By Luz E S R

Oct 29, 2018

It is an excellent course. It has straightforward and useful tips to write in science. It is a helpful course for beginners and also for those with a little experience. I highly recommend it.

By Cheryl H

Dec 26, 2017

The professor was very good, personable, and rarely boring. The course covered a lot of area for editors, writers, scientists, and others who find themselves writing/editing technical papers.

By Zuzana S

I really enjoyed the course. It provided lots of insights into writing process not only for scientists. I gained a lot of knowledge and tips to be a more effective writer. Thank you so much.

By Bhargavi R

Oct 3, 2021

Everything was crystal clear after each module, the homework exercises really improved my writing and grammar. Dr. Sainini provided excellent advice on how to make an article look engaging.

By Sonika B

Exceptional Course! Learnt step by step writing of the sciences ranging from a research paper,a review article to science news stories .The inputs given must have taken years to assimilate.

By Viktoriia V

Jan 17, 2020

This course allowed me to understand my abilities. Thanks to the wide scope of topics, I was able to understand that I was dreaming of becoming an editor of a scientific journal. Thank you!

By mahsa t

Mar 30, 2021

I feel like writing is much easier for me now. I wish to thank the dear teacher of this course with her joyful voice and permanent encourage us to moving forward and not afraid of writing!

By Eniola T

Mar 15, 2021

This course helped me to learn from the basics how to approach writing in the sciences and I found that I feel more confident when it comes to writing and understanding scientific writing.

By Isadora A

Oct 23, 2020

This course is amazing! In only 8 weeks I've learned not only how to write better, but also how to make the process less painful. Thanks Dr. Kristin and Coursera for this wonderful course.

By Pamela M

Apr 21, 2020

The course is very fruitful, exciting, and friendly to take. If you are starting your career in science, and you have not developed enough skills to write confidently, you must to take it.

By Ashwati N

Apr 19, 2018

It is a really good course for students who are just learning how to write scientific manuscripts. Moreover this course also covers other writings apart from scientific manuscript writing.

By Erika S

Mar 1, 2021

Really help me work on my wiring skills! Writing is certainly not my strength and this class helped me through all the types of writing I will face in my upcoming 3 years of my doctorate!

By Sarah

Jul 21, 2020

Thanks for the opportunity to be tutored by such an amazing professor, I think this course has transformed my writing abilities into a whole new level, and to that, I am forever grateful!

By Silvina M B

Jun 4, 2020

I really recommend doing this course because it is very complete in terms of content and also because it gives you the necessary tools to write research papers. I really enjoyed doing it!

By Zhe W

Jul 6, 2018

The key points in this course are quite clear and tips are useful. Wish every student could get some feedback from professors regarding to our writing. Many thanks to Dr. Kristin Sainani.

By Carlos A O P

Jan 25, 2018

A great course with concrete and specific guidelines that would help anyone to create better texts in the context of Science - not only journal articles but also pieces for the lay public

By Jose I M

Sep 25, 2020

Dr. Sainani's course is carefully designed to cover all major aspects of Scientific writting. The course has some interesting challenges while still remaning entertaining and accessible.

By Hera C S B

Jul 20, 2020

Course was helpful and corrected a lot of mistakes I've been making. The instructor was clear and articulate, the arrangement of the lessons also followed a logical, easy-to-follow flow.

By Elianny D

Aug 3, 2019

I want to thank you Dr. Kristin Sainani and all presenters, for putting together such an amazing course. It was an incredible learning experience from start to finish. Thank you so much!