Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

IA
Aug 25, 2020

A very helpful course. My writing has improved significantly in these 8 weeks. I highly recommend this course to everyone. Thank you Dr. Kristin Sainani and Coursera for bringing this course together.

AL
Jun 3, 2019

This was an amazing course that really helped me with my medical writing skills and understanding how making things clear for all audiences can help in spreading scientific knowledge across the world.

576 - 600 of 1,897 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Parul L

Jul 31, 2019

I really appreciate the content of this course. I learnt new things inspite being into medical writing for 1 year. I would definitely recommend this course to other medical writers too.

By Cindy L

Aug 16, 2018

While taking this class, I immediately noticed a difference in the quality of my writing. Even if you don't write papers on hard sciences (I study archaeology) the concepts still apply.

By Afnan B

Feb 25, 2018

Every person who intends to join scientific world must take this course. Course content is very well designed and explained. This course has made an impact on the way I think and write.

By Katherine A C

Jun 4, 2020

This is a gem of a course! You will learn a ton, even if you thought you were already a great writer. Worth all the effort; I intend to refer back to my notes as a writing reference.

By Mukunthan K

Apr 16, 2020

This course helped me to overcome my fear of writing; with interactive examples the instructor made this course very comprehensive. It completely changed my view on scientific writing.

By Pedro L M R

Mar 21, 2018

The best scientific writing course I've ever done! Congratulations to the instructor Dr. Kristin Sainani, Stanford University and Coursera for making this quality available. Thank you!

By Janina E B

Aug 7, 2021

I love how insightful this course was and the learning experience has been motivating. I definitely learned a lot. I'm looking forward to applying my learning for my future endeavors.

By Morgan H

Aug 24, 2020

This course not only taught me good writing practices in an array of applications, but has made me more aware of my own writing style and tendencies in order to make positive changes.

By Jonathan K

It was a helpful course towards improving one's ability to communicate. The lessons helped me with improving my structure, interpretations, and perspective towards writing. Thank you!

By Narges M

Sep 24, 2021

This course really helped me learn a lot of new things, which make writing more efficient and enjoyable. It also helped me organize what I already knew and have a better perspective.

By Mathew Q

Mar 13, 2021

I'm glad I took this course because it refined my writing skills. I am now more careful with my word choice and sentence structure, and I spend more time prewriting than ever before.

By Maria

Jun 25, 2020

I am very grateful to Dr. Kristin Sainani and to the Coursera team. It was a great opportunity. The knowledge I received at the course would be very helpful in many areas of my life!

By Carol R

Jul 12, 2019

Don't be fooled by the course being classified as a beginner level course. There is plenty of knowledge in this that you're likely to hone more than a skill or two. Excellent course.

By Cara H

Jul 8, 2018

I have really enjoyed this course. As someone who is about to embark on my MSc Kinesiology, I found it very useful. Reviewing this course a second time would be very helpful as well.

By SUSHMITA K

Aug 31, 2021

This course has been greatly beneficial in my career upliftment as well as in copy editing tasks. I loved the way Dr. Kristin Sainani had explained each topic with several examples.

By Joshua P D

Jul 30, 2021

Taking up the course was essential in the transformation of my research writing. All the videos are interesting and informative. Thank you Stanford for providing such useful courses

By Tamara A

Jul 12, 2021

Her lectures were informative, and her examples were fun and interesting. I learned a lot, especially from the optional videos where I could watch her edit a paper and follow along.

By Ana E

Sep 14, 2020

Excellent course! The classes are clear, easy to follow (even if English is your second language) and have many useful tips! I recommend this course to everyone that is in academia.

By Mohamed Z S

Apr 16, 2020

This course was really useful to me, I learned so much, I like to thank our mentor Dr Kristin for her time, efforts ,and information and I hope to learn more from her in the future.

By Ammar I

Apr 14, 2020

If you have many fundamental questions on how to write for sciences, this course will certainly address most of them. The lecturer provide tons of valuable tips. Highly recommended!

By Bhaavana M

May 13, 2021

This course helped me realize that I could love writing science just as much as I love doing science. Dr. Sainani made it so much easier to decipher scientific research papers too!

By Maria F S C

May 4, 2020

Really liked this course. I found practical tips to improve my scientific writing skills and I think it allowed me to explore other types of scientific writing besides manuscripts.

By Ema N

Dec 18, 2019

I'm not finished yet but am thoroughly impressed. Clear explanations, practical examples and practice problems, and text provided as Word downloads...wonderful. Highly recommended.

By Priyanka R

Jan 15, 2019

Awesome course in an easy to understand vocabulary. It should be included in all science programs at college level for better understanding of 'writing in sciences'. Great work !!!

By Simran S

Aug 11, 2021

Exceptional course on scientific writing. A must for people who have a keen interest in pursuing scientific writing or are pursuing studies involving the same. Highly recommended.